Community Sites
AA3 Mentor FAQ
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Getting Stuck Randomly 

HolyOrangeJuice

Recruit

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 15:14 Profile

I have just recently re-downloaded AA2 and got it to work perfectly except for one issue. I will be randomly sprinting to a location and i will get stuck on nothing. I play BRIDGE CROSSING alot and i will get stuck in open areas. I have to stop sprinting and move in a different direction to get unstuck. Its doesnt stop me from having a good time it is just completely annoying. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 19:40 Profile United States

wireless keyboard?
what brand??\

HolyOrangeJuice

Recruit

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 20:05 Profile

No, im using a wired keyboard and a wired mouse. Its not like im losing control of my character its like invisible walls appear out of no where for me and i have to back up and go around it.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 20:09 Profile United States

exact locations?
post a link to SS if needed

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 00:07 Profile United States

Happens to me too all the time. I thought it was lag because I was playing European servers, but today I tried US servers closer to me and it still happens.

It happens anywhere on any map. I have a wired keyboard.
You get like stuck, and you jitter randomly in all directions (not like jumping across the map, but you shake)
The only way out of it is to back up, jump, or just keep button smashing forward and you'll break out of it.

I also just downloaded AA2.8.5 again. I'll get a video

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 00:48 Profile United States

http://s235.photobucket.com/al...vie.mp4

I made this a few mins ago. I didn't think video quality was essential so I cheaped out.
I got these two instances, plus another that I missed, in about 5 rounds of Bridge Crossing.

I did get this bug earlier on SteamRoller too.

One thing I notice is that it seems like lag at first. Like, you can always tell when it will happen because you'll jump forward or something, or you can see other people jump around like their lagging. Then you get stuck in a spot for a while, as everything else acts normal.

Perhaps this is lag related to server performance?

Side Note: It's interesting that in the video you can see the cursor. While I was playing I couldn't see it, but it makes me wonder about PBSS's.
Also, in the first occasion, I was hold "W" the entire time. I didn't stop to lower my weapon or anything, that's a part of the "bug" I guess we'll call it

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 09:14 Profile United States

W@@dy,
That's packet loss.

Data that you are sending to the servers isn't reaching the server. The server then tells your PC where it is, updating you location, backwards.

If data is lost from PC to server you get stuttering, if it is lost from server to PC, you get warping. Warping can also be caused by a weak viideo card/processor combo.

Coverlux

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 09:18 Profile Germany

W@@dy- I had same looking lags when my wlan connection was broken so if you use wlan try cable and check if you still get the lags.

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 10:22 Profile United States

This doesn't happen to me on any other games ie. AA3 Neutral

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 18:32 Profile United States

Just an update, now that I have Xfire I'm noticing that Xfire is constantly re-establishing it's connection in game, many times as that happens I start stuttering.

So you're right, something is cutting my internet Connection repeatedly

Getting Stuck Randomly 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: