HOT TOPICS  

AA3 YouTube Videos
Come Back Stories..
Server Admin Info
Training Missions
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 3     
  Page Jump     

AA 2.5 mac version help *Please Read*(NOT A DUMB QUESTION) 

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 19:20 Profile

I know it is ironic I asked for a position in support and I am asking a question but I am stumped. I have downloaded PB again because I was manually updated, had PB enabled, and could not join a game by ip. So, after I downloaded PB again. I also switched AA2.5 file location to where PB was.(My Mac HD) However, now whenever I try to manually update PB I load it to about 75% and the install wizard begins to slow down and once it is complete displays this message: Couldn't be created error 13. Permission denied. It appears to me the problem is where I am saving the AA2.5 app. So basicly I am asking where I could find a valid place to save AA2.5 and update it with manual PB verision 1.3. After awhile I thought it may be a firewall blocking access to PB's server but then noticed I had ran PB previously with no problem before. I undertstand there are bugs with the Punk Buster software alone regardless about the rest of the application , but can't seem to see why I cannot update AA2.5.
Just for a little more information on the problem I am dealing with you should know I can sucessfuly connect to an ip adress and login to my personal jacket in AA2.5. I am using a Macbook and using version 10.5.8 leopard.
Help! Confused Confused
Thank You for your continued support, nicecrew Cheesy Grin

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 07:56 Profile

Just a quick update on my problem. After veiwing several of the FAQ's, handbooks, and pb manual support I found this. " For best results, users should create a folder on the hard drive to hold PBSetup and the various files that it will create and use during operation. PBSetup should be downloaded directly into the folder or moved into the folder after downloading to the desktop but before running PBSetup for the first time. " Once I did this i successfully updated PB. However, once i was in game and conencted by ip it still cannot authenticate with the PB server. I have done everything I can what is wrong?
thnx nicecrew

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 19:01 Profile

Checked Pb website and read the manual. Im good now thnx nicecrew

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 19:13 Profile

1. intel mac will not run 2.5 only PPC
2. Boot camp is inside your mac under Applications>utilities>bootcamp assistant
3. if you use Bootcamp you will need a windows install disk or disk image of XP SP2 - Vista
4. you will then need to run the windows version of AA
5. if you are in college there is a link where MS will let you DL their software for free, so check with your college.
i believe the link is: http://www.e-academy.com

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 10:47 Profile

25Assist is now back online, V2.0 can be downloaded at http://AA25.org

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 11:56 Profile

Sorry, you are mistaken I can AA2.5 on my intel mac just fine. Just need to do some rendering that is all. Also, Great to hear that 2.5 is back online you might wanna post that under general mac so everyone knows.

AA 2.5 mac version help *Please Read*(NOT A DUMB QUESTION) 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 3     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: