AA3 Mentor FAQ
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Editor? 

janiashvili

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Jul 2010 13:36 Profile Georgia

this game have map editor??
if it have, why servers never have these maps??

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 01 Jul 2010 13:48 Profile United States

There is a map editor for AA2. Basically, servers can run all the FMC maps, but not all of them run custom maps. If they do, not all of them run the same ones. The custom maps can be downloaded from http://www.aamissiondepot.com/main

If you don't have the map, you have to download it. Otherwise, it doesn't show up int he DCDS, because it is not official. On top of that, you don't get normal points, if at all, from the unofficial maps, which would make it less appealing for servers to run custom maps if they wanted.

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 05:42 Profile Netherlands

Lilith wrote:

because it is not official. On top of that, you don't get normal points, if at all, from the unofficial maps, which would make it less appealing for servers to run custom maps if they wanted.

Less appealing? There are many players on AA2 that don't care for Honorpoints, they play for fun.

And there are many more user created maps, take a look at my site, there are many maps to download , also there is a trackerpage for servers that run custom maps only.

Have fun

Embedded Image]

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 10:10 Profile United States

chev wrote:

Lilith wrote:

because it is not official. On top of that, you don't get normal points, if at all, from the unofficial maps, which would make it less appealing for servers to run custom maps if they wanted.

Less appealing? There are many players on AA2 that don't care for Honorpoints, they play for fun.

And there are many more user created maps, take a look at my site, there are many maps to download , also there is a trackerpage for servers that run custom maps only.

Have fun

You're forgetting that it is all about the frags and the points for that. Heck, I remember there was an overwhelming amount of people who wanted full points for an honor-enabled server to allow cheats mode! It caused such a stir and quite a problem, that despite their little petition, points remained at half value as a compromise when the Devs changed it from having no points. Do NOT say people don't even care about their points. If an honor server wants to run custom maps, they're no longer paying for their servers for the points but to run the map. That was the whole reason for honor servers to exist, because of the points. Otherwise, any server can run with or without PB enabled and run custom maps. AA is a free game, but no one is gaining rank or honor for their benefit. It's just going to take that much longer to get to Sergeant Major of the Army if they wanted to max it out.

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 13:30 Profile Netherlands

Im not forgetting frags and stuff but understanding reading is another thing, there are people that play for fun not for points frags or whatever, just for FUN, with their friends they don't care about points, honor , frags, thats why i pointed out to the servertracker page with all NON honor servers, just for people that play for fun, if people want points to gain honor go to other servers, were just looking for people who want to have a good time playing AA2 with other same minded people, so honor hungry peopel we don't need.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 13:54 Profile United States

I do acknowledge there are people who do like to play for fun. It's just that a lot of the players are into the competition scene -the bigger voice- rather than hang out with the pubbers. The pubbers just end up being abandoned for lone wolves, then you have that kind of stuff coming into the equation. I don't think competition teams like to wander into uncharted territory, and on the other hand, they're not being tested for their dynamic ability.

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 17:13 Profile Netherlands

Lilith wrote:

than hang out with the pubbers.

I can see you don't have a clue what your talking about, take a look before judging.
Most players on our servers go back till AA 1.5 so they had their share of being competitive and being point / honor hungry.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 17:38 Profile United States

chev wrote:

Lilith wrote:

than hang out with the pubbers.

I can see you don't have a clue what your talking about, take a look before judging.
Most players on our servers go back till AA 1.5 so they had their share of being competitive and being point / honor hungry.

Perhaps I should clarify:

I don't know if you had seen it or not, but in the other forums, for example, when I suggested the comp players set up something to mentor the pubbers, which they quickly rejected the idea collectively, and set themselves up to divide apart from the pubbers. I'm not saying that they wouldn't play with the pubbers, but their main function is dealing with the competition. They even told me themselves this game was made for them. Each of the competition team had a different idea about how they play the game, and even argued that AA was built for competition in the first place. So, consequently, they'll be generally a little more "power hungry" (without making that an offensive phrase), which is basically the same thing you described, and you're saying it is wrong? I'm not judging. I know this because they've told me.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 17:47 Profile United Kingdom

I hope we all play for fun Smile both pubbing and competing in scrims etc.... it's all fun Laughing

Honor is just a measurement, an aim and ultimately just a 'numeral' prize for playing America's Army. It makes no difference if it's a server that gains you Honor or not...... just playing the game is having fun.

You guys are funny Laughing

Embedded Image

Editor? 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: