» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 13 of 13     
  Page Jump     

SITREP: America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8 Released 

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 11:13 Profile

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fact that this game will run perfectly fine on one computer that has half the power of another that runs it like crap shows that there is something going on with that second computer that is somehow conflicting with the game.

Half truth.

Most of the complaints made untill now are related to lack of performance "the widely proclaimed lag", when playing online in a server.

When the game is running offline through the "open_map_command", a large part of the complainants do not have any problem running the game.

We are forced to conclude that a large part of the problems are caused the lack of performance of the servers and not by users' computers.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 12:28 Profile United Kingdom

Don Quixote wrote:

PapaBear=VX9= wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fact that this game will run perfectly fine on one computer that has half the power of another that runs it like crap shows that there is something going on with that second computer that is somehow conflicting with the game.

Half truth.

Most of the complaints made untill now are related to lack of performance "the widely proclaimed lag", when playing online in a server.

When the game is running offline through the "open_map_command", a large part of the complainants do not have any problem running the game.

We are forced to conclude that a large part of the problems are caused the lack of performance of the servers and not by users' computers.

Then explain to me why as an English guy i can play on USA servers and not experience any problems ?? Confused

This says to me that it's the way that certain PC's are configured Cool

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 12:43 Profile Germany

i will try to explain:

Don Quixote wrote:

The second fact is that some people do not know what is playing a game with high quality, simply because their computers did not allow them to enjoy the games in its fullness, in consequence of that they are used to playing games with a very low level of detail, most of the time with an horrible lag... they can not even know what is lag or bad performance because they never seen what is good performance. When we refer lag or bad performance, they say "im ok", because for them is the normal situation in all games.

and if the problem is really about personal configuration of the pc - then this game has a problem.

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 13:31 Profile

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Then explain to me why as an English guy i can play on USA servers and not experience any problems ?? Confused

If you consider normal playing with a +200 ping and a half second bullet impact delay, im not gona argh against that.

btw.. already played in your server and it is the same as many others, when full the problems are there.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 14:20 Profile United States

Don Quixote wrote:

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

If you consider normal playing with a +200 ping and a half second bullet impact delay, im not gona argh against that.

btw.. already played in your server and it is the same as many others, when full the problems are there.

If he doesn't experience performance issues, his set up is fine for the game. If you're getting a different experience, it's like what he says, the game is picky with your PC's configuration. I wouldn't blame the game at all. People have made the argument that so and so game, shows little or no issue at all and that AA3 should meet that expectation, because they may have the same engine and whatnot, but that is an ill-researched claim. AA3 was built from scratch using a portion of the engine, and the rest is basically a custom build of other kinds of technology that other games haven't used with that specific combination.

Plus, again, everyone's specs are different, and it is not just the hardware/drivers that can cause conflicts.

I remember I actually bought a game where I believed I may have met or exceeded the system specs. I quickly found out, however, that it was unusable on my system. For some reason, my particular setting wasn't compatible when it really should have been. Customer support wasn't really helpful when I explained that it should have worked, but it was the way the game was built.

Of course, later, I tried it out on a newer computer that it really shouldn't have worked on, but it did. I tried it out, but the game sucked. Frowning

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 15:33 Profile

Lilith wrote:

If he doesn't experience performance issues, his set up is fine for the game. If you're getting a different experience, it's like what he says, the game is picky with your PC's configuration. I wouldn't blame the game at all. People have made the argument that so and so game, shows little or no issue at all and that AA3 should meet that expectation, because they may have the same engine and whatnot, but that is an ill-researched claim. AA3 was built from scratch using a portion of the engine, and the rest is basically a custom build of other kinds of technology that other games haven't used with that specific combination.

Plus, again, everyone's specs are different, and it is not just the hardware/drivers that can cause conflicts.

I remember I actually bought a game where I believed I may have met or exceeded the system specs. I quickly found out, however, that it was unusable on my system. For some reason, my particular setting wasn't compatible when it really should have been. Customer support wasn't really helpful when I explained that it should have worked, but it was the way the game was built.

Of course, later, I tried it out on a newer computer that it really shouldn't have worked on, but it did. I tried it out, but the game sucked. Frowning

Im not blaming the game, as i said before AA3 has an excellent concept and is one (if not the best) of the best games i ever played.

Im not talking for me, do not have any performance problem running the AA3, (fortunately i have an excellent computer capable of performing any task) when offline this version of the game is the best of all so far produced, when online, well... this is another subject.

Im talking for those who want to play (the majority it seems) and they cant because the problems we're going through especially when online.

Experiencing issues.. well... it depends on the capacity/knowledge that we have to see it and also in what we believe, i've played in some servers with some forum residents and what happen inside of servers is not coincident with what is reported here.

nmike

Recruit

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 01:49 Profile

This patch certainly is a good way to start. I definitely feel the difference from previous versions. I will say more realistic. I still have my grenade stuck in the elbow but I know how to pull it out. I like bridge fog a lot. The chopness is still there like pipeline game is not that smooth feeling like AA2.(stable at 60fps but sluggish sometime-i think something to do with massive information trasferring between client and server and between server and MBS)

But down the road, I think dev will finally get that sorted out.

Deepanshu

Recruit

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 05:22 Profile

AWESOME

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 11:26 Profile Canada

just wondering, cant we remove this sitrep from INDEX heading.. its been long enough since 3.0.8 and it makes me think 3.0.8.1 is out every time I logon... thats a lot of dissapointament Very Happy

White.Meat

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Sep 2010 04:55 Profile United States

The dynamic ping is what is killing us.. If you are EUROPEAN, then go play on a EUROPEAN SERVER. whenever someone tries to play on a server from across the globe, it makes everyone's latency go up to adjust to that single person who decides to join. Its really not everyone else's fault that this one guy joins, it is his fault. Let his ping go up and not the others who play on a server closest to them. AA2 NEVER had this problem and the gameplay was always smooth. Why try to fix something that is not broke? Get Rid of Dynamic Ping PLEASE!!!!!

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Sep 2010 12:25 Profile United Kingdom

White.Meat wrote:

The dynamic ping is what is killing us.. If you are EUROPEAN, then go play on a EUROPEAN SERVER. whenever someone tries to play on a server from across the globe, it makes everyone's latency go up to adjust to that single person who decides to join. Its really not everyone else's fault that this one guy joins, it is his fault. Let his ping go up and not the others who play on a server closest to them. AA2 NEVER had this problem and the gameplay was always smooth. Why try to fix something that is not broke? Get Rid of Dynamic Ping PLEASE!!!!!

When i play on our server ( The Beer Barn ) my ping is usually around the 150 - 160 mark Cool

Machete567

Private

Posted: 03 Oct 2010 10:52 Profile

White.Meat wrote:

The dynamic ping is what is killing us.. If you are EUROPEAN, then go play on a EUROPEAN SERVER. whenever someone tries to play on a server from across the globe, it makes everyone's latency go up to adjust to that single person who decides to join.

You are really really smart, I play on servers that cant be much further away than 100km (I dont know how many miles 75?)
and still its not smooth
In quake live my ping is sometimes 10, TEN!

White.Meat wrote:

The dynamic ping is what is killing us.. If you are EUROPEAN, then go play on a EUROPEAN SERVER. whenever someone tries to play on a server from across the globe, it makes everyone's latency go up to adjust to that single person who decides to join.

Machete567

Private

Posted: 03 Oct 2010 10:53 Profile

White.Meat wrote:

You are really really smart, I play on servers that cant be much further away than 100km (I dont know how many miles 75?)
and still its not smooth
In quake live my ping is sometimes 10, TEN!

[BIG]-RUSS

Recruit

Posted: 09 Oct 2010 00:44 Profile

I live in california, and play on chicago server 100% of the time. My ping is not the worst but never the best, and I still own U!
The coms are great, the medic training and how it applies the the game is awesome. It is the best virtual squad based combat game out there. I say this because this game takes teamwork, then skill. Of course there are some kinks, but it is free... The game is fun to play, and if you have a clan or community it's even better. In closing I would like to say that if u see me in the "ALLEY" run!

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 11:38 Profile

Don Quixote,

well i have a farily decent pc i dont have an icore 7 or anything some serbvers i do have an issue with lag with 500 plus ping's the sad thing is i heard alot of storiers how other pings cant change ones gameplay, the truth of the matter is, if servers network is getting flooded why not seprate that that will lower the flux of it all or should, i read unreals side of things and other stuff, online the game can perform very well, its sad driver who a great friend and overseas does not have an issue playing in or american server but yet i do and i live in the states sometimes, we have changed servers alot of the times so it isnt the same server you most likly play in, i think in general the more players that join the server the more lag the lesser it is the less lag. i truly belive its a server side issue, but i remeber playing in aa2 on hospital and people would complain about someone who is lagging the server. and it seemed likly, then i play world of warcraft, sad to see therte ping dont effect me when i see someone on dail up bunny up back 20 feet its funny how it seems to be something wrong somewhere.

SITREP: America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8 Released 

« Previous Page        Page 13 of 13     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: