Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
Remember when...
Deploy/AMW Features
AA3 Mentor FAQ
2nd Video Challenge
» See more topics
  

    « Previous Page        Page 12 of 13     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

 SITREP: America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8 Released 
 

Wili

Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 May 2009

      Posted: 17 Jul 2010 10:16 Profile


Very High Ping for me also, I was playing AA3 one year ago or so, and I had good ping, now is almost unplayable.
Well I'm Spanish, maybe servers around here disappeared I don't really know.

Argain

Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jun 2010

      Posted: 18 Jul 2010 17:00 Profile


I've found the game worse. Slow, jerky and ballistic non-existent. congratulations for the work,

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 563
Joined: 18 Mar 2009

      Posted: 18 Jul 2010 17:06 Profile United Kingdom


Argain wrote:

I've found the game worse. Slow, jerky and ballistic non-existent. congratulations for the work,



Try playing with a modern PC , the Commodore 64 is too underpowered for AA3 Cool

_____________________
Embedded Image

Argain

Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jun 2010

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 09:03 Profile


good answer but I am sorry for you, I have a PC recently. I played over 65 fps.
I know the answers do not tell you what you want, just like you but you are not objective, at AA3 is losing a lot of players because it does not run well. If you're part of the nostalgic and yet have a free game you're willing to accept everything.
Free only because the game for the gaming license server we have (clans) paid honor to make the server.
I really hope in next upgrade that fixes many bugs, or you will play in a few.

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Aug 2009

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 13:07 Profile Germany


there are only a few that try to fight any complain.
when i here: i have absolutly no problems with lags etc. and see for example driver56s specs,
i just can laugh..but nevermind.
imo all guys/girls involved in developing of aa3 know that there is something wrong.

we cancelled our server in last november,still waiting for a improvement that is worth to get it back.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 563
Joined: 18 Mar 2009

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 14:02 Profile United Kingdom


[96]Flatlander wrote:

there are only a few that try to fight any complain.
when i here: i have absolutly no problems with lags etc. and see for example driver56s specs,
i just can laugh..but nevermind.
imo all guys/girls involved in developing of aa3 know that there is something wrong.

we cancelled our server in last november,still waiting for a improvement that is worth to get it back.



M8 , when i say that the game runs ok for me i am being truthful Cool

I am really sorry for you if you can't get the same enjoyment from the game as i do Confused

But , unless you have a really top notch high end PC , you cant run this game on the highest settings Cool

You need to click Optimal in the video settings ingame and let the game decide the best settings for your setup Cool

It is absolutely no use saying that you can run other games at the highest settings , because this has no bearing on AA3 Cool

If you do not let AA3 decide your best settings , then you will lag Cool

Jrw

Private First Class
Posts: 142
Joined: 23 Mar 2003

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 14:52 Profile


I don't have a problem running the game at all either. I do have all of the settings maxed out and don't experience any lag what so ever.
I9550 Quad core
gt 260
Audigy sound
4g ram

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Aug 2009

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 15:18 Profile Germany


=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

[96]Flatlander wrote:

there are only a few that try to fight any complain.
when i here: i have absolutly no problems with lags etc. and see for example driver56s specs,
i just can laugh..but nevermind.
imo all guys/girls involved in developing of aa3 know that there is something wrong.

we cancelled our server in last november,still waiting for a improvement that is worth to get it back.



M8 , when i say that the game runs ok for me i am being truthful Cool

I am really sorry for you if you can't get the same enjoyment from the game as i do Confused

But , unless you have a really top notch high end PC , you cant run this game on the highest settings Cool

You need to click Optimal in the video settings ingame and let the game decide the best settings for your setup Cool

It is absolutely no use saying that you can run other games at the highest settings , because this has no bearing on AA3 Cool

If you do not let AA3 decide your best settings , then you will lag Cool




M8, i run a "really top notch high end progamer superduper extrem pc".
i run this great piece of technic on lowest settings while AA3.what should run better? medium?i dont believe.
i have a ALMOST lagfree,bugfree experience only after using a few tweaks i found here.
i had almost the same setup you have before my new one that i only got for army...the difference!? i cant explain how big it is....but still i have big performance up and downs.

last but not least: i have a great time with AA3! but that has nothing to do with the problems this game is dealing with......

edit: had to read it twice..i dont see any comparing to other games in my post....reading helps driver.

btw ,you wanna know why!? -- i play only AA3...

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1729
Joined: 08 May 2009

      Posted: 19 Jul 2010 15:35 Profile


The first fact is that, flatlander has a really very good computer and above average.He can play every game in whatever settings he want.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2936787

The second fact is that some people do not know what is playing a game with high quality, simply because their computers did not allow them to enjoy the games in its fullness, in consequence of that they are used to playing games with a very low level of detail, most of the time with an horrible lag... they can not even know what is lag or bad performance because they never seen what is good performance. When we refer lag or bad performance, they say "im ok", because for them is the normal situation in all games.

Razorback718

Sergeant
Posts: 361
Joined: 27 Apr 2003

      Posted: 20 Jul 2010 04:00 Profile Iceland


Don Quixote wrote:

The first fact is that, flatlander has a really very good computer and above average.He can play every game in whatever settings he want.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2936787

The second fact is that some people do not know what is playing a game with high quality, simply because their computers did not allow them to enjoy the games in its fullness, in consequence of that they are used to playing games with a very low level of detail, most of the time with an horrible lag... they can not even know what is lag or bad performance because they never seen what is good performance. When we refer lag or bad performance, they say "im ok", because for them is the normal situation in all games.



So true.

_____________________
Embedded Image

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 563
Joined: 18 Mar 2009

      Posted: 20 Jul 2010 13:18 Profile United Kingdom


I play on medium setting , 16 : 10 aspect , 1440 x 900 res Cool

No lag , no problem - i just clicked optimal and then just set aspect and res as above Cool

-Field-Ops-

First Sergeant
Posts: 3765
Joined: 09 Jul 2006

      Posted: 20 Jul 2010 19:14 Profile United States


[96]Flatlander,

You could use a bit moar RAM. put in 4 more gigs and youl beat me.

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Aug 2009

      Posted: 21 Jul 2010 01:10 Profile Germany


im fine like it is m8,thx. i just can stand that nonsens like:"lag,bug?get a new pc"

PapaBear=VX9=

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 697
Joined: 15 Jan 2007

      Posted: 21 Jul 2010 10:11 Profile United States


[96]Flatlander wrote:

im fine like it is m8,thx. i just can stand that nonsens like:"lag,bug?get a new pc"



It's not really nonsense when a large chunk of the people complaining are running systems that barely meet the minimum requirements and have old drivers and they somehow expect to run flawlessly at max settings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fact that this game will run perfectly fine on one computer that has half the power of another that runs it like crap shows that there is something going on with that second computer that is somehow conflicting with the game. This is one of the biggest challenges to developing software for PCs. There are literally unlimited numbers of configurations to account for. And any piece of software or hardware on a system can cause a problem. The trick is to narrow down what it is that is causing that conflict. And when you have a small Development team and a small operating budget, that's not that easy. Throw a hundred million dollars at the problem and a hundred developers at it, and you STILL end up with bugs. That's just the nature of game development.

_____________________
Embedded Image

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Aug 2009

      Posted: 21 Jul 2010 10:25 Profile Germany


to be exact:
if you read the few post before that quoted statement,you will see that im talking about guys that wanna tell me:
"EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS FINE.STOP COMPLAINING.SELL YOUR C64 AND GET A REAL COMPUTER!"

that is nonsens for me!
this is substantless talking just for the reason of talking!

i got your point but its a wrong one in this discussion.

one more: i dont expect perfect gameplay on maximum settings...but maybe a constant and reliable on lowest,like i play atm.


 SITREP: America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8 Released 
 

    « Previous Page        Page 12 of 13     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

  

Jump to: