» See more topics

Page 1 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Tragedy Befalls Game Project 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 12:30 Profile United States

Greenville, SC June 03, 2010 - The America's Army game project sadly reports the loss of one of its community managers. Ryan Lewis, better known by his in-game nickname ChalkTroop, was killed during the night, the victim of an accidental firearm discharge. The accident occurred at his home in South Carolina.

Ryan had been with America's Army since 2006 acting as support manager for most of that time. He provided guidance and friendly, expert advice to literally thousands of America's Army players and worked tirelessly to assist the community. Weekends, holidays and often long into the night he could be found at his computer answering support requests.

Those who knew him remember him for his offbeat sense of humor and easy going manner, though he would get excited as game release dates approached. He always looked forward to the increased interaction with the community that a new version brought and would spend hours and hours in the America's Army IRC channel chatting live with players.

He was one of America's Army most faithful and dedicated supporters, and he will be missed. Comments posted here by his friends, co-workers and the community will be compiled into a single memorial document and presented to his family.

Ryan is survived by his wife Stephanie and his two children, Madeline 8 and Jonathan 2.

God Speed Ryan 'ChalkTroop' Lewis, I will never understand why this happened and will miss you more than I will ever be able to describe.

[Coe]

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 12:37 Profile United States

Ryan was a top notch Community Manager and always put in 110% to helping the AA community and doing whatever it took to get something fixed. He was an even better friend and always took the time to talk or assist in any matter, work or personal.

Words cannot even begin to describe how sad I am at the loss we have suffered today and it will be a long, tough road for all of the Volunteers and the AGP Staff to deal with this but I know Ryan would have wanted us to.

God Speed Ryan Lewis, we miss you dearly.

GhostfromTexas

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 12:50 Profile United States

Ryan is the definition of irreplaceable. Having known him for several years, I can definitely say the impact is going to be felt for a long time, and he is someone that will never be forgotten by myself. Some of my fondest memories of working on the project are with Ryan. He was level headed, creative, and hands down one of the hardest working and most passionate members of the AGP.

I remember on several occasions having conversations with Ryan about all sorts of different subjects. He was not only a community manager to us, but he was a dear friend in the fact that we could come to him as a mentor of sorts. The advice he gave for us as staff was spot on, and the advice he gave us as friend's has helped shaped more than one of us. I think one of my favorite memory of Ryan was seeing his picture for the first time, and making fun of him because I said he looked like John Travolta.

I can tell you that Ryan Lewis is one of the few people I am honored to have had the privilege of knowing. Words can't express how upset most of the staff is for we have know Ryan upwards for 4-5 years. To his family I offer my sincerest of condolences. Although I never had the privilege of meeting any of them, I can tell how much he must have meant to each of you. He's someone that won't be replaceable in the AGP or in the hearts of his friends here at America's Army.

- Cameron "GhostfromTexas" Ferguson

Last edited by GhostfromTexas on 04 Jun 2010 00:31; edited 1 time in total
+3ngli$h+

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:12 Profile

Very sorry too hear this news...my condolences go too his family and friends
+3nGLish+

TigerD7

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:13 Profile United States

I never had the privileged of working with Ryan much, but on the few times we did he was a real gentleman and a pleasure to work with, I know we will all miss him very much. RIP and prayers for his family.

Spl1nt

Sergeant Major

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:16 Profile United Kingdom

It has abruptly been acknowledged that when a person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.

Simply because Ryan Lewis "ChalkTroop" was a substantial unit as one of the main ambassadors of the Army Game Project. Ryan strived to put as much effort in to everything he did for the AGP as he could. In addition, the time he used up to support the community and his staff was countless. Ryan was a superb aspect to the community due to his humourous personality, intelligence, and ultimate dedication.

For the short time that I have known Ryan, it has proved to be unforgettable. Whichever time it was, whichever day of the week, or weather it was, ChalkTroop was there to assist. Sometimes it would extend much to the outside of the Game Project, but ultimately he was there.

It is a tragedy in regards to what has happened, and it's a shock to us all.
I sincerely hope Stephanie his wife, and his two children Madeline and Jonathan can succeed in their lives and excel at everything they do, just like Ryan. I would also like to immediately send out my condolences to them and the rest of Ryan's family and friends.

I, on behalf of the AA community Ryan, appreciate all of your hard work you have done for the AGP and I hope to speak to you again, and hopefully see you someday. God Speed Ryan 'ChalkTroop' Lewis.

RIP Buddy.

- Sam Schofield "Spl1nt"

Last edited by Spl1nt on 03 Jun 2010 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Lady Amethyst

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:22 Profile United States

Ryan was like a brother to me. Was always kind and there when I needed a helping hand.

My heart goes out to his wife and children. They meant the world to him.

Here's one last 'nudge' to you Ryan.

Will miss you.

Becki

Embedded Image
Embedded Image

GodSp33d

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:29 Profile Netherlands

Even though we hadnt spoken in some time, this news impacted me greatly...

Noone expected this sudden event...

CT, my thoughts are with you and your family...

God Speed Ryan "ChalkTroop" Lewis.

MajorWinters

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:40 Profile Belgium

After hearing this I am still shocked and I just cannot describe how I'm feeling. He meant a lot to the project and was a good friend. I'll miss being able to talk to you about pretty much anything.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Ryan you'll be sorely missed, rest in peace.

- Stijn

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

Last edited by MajorWinters on 03 Jun 2010 13:43; edited 2 times in total
-=Maj.Woody=-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:40 Profile United States

Ryan has helped a lot of people and will be missed greatly my condolences to his wife and children, the world just lost a great guy.

[SCI]Topgun

Private

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:46 Profile

What a very large loss. I remember when he was hired. He always had a great sense of humor and back when I worked for the game he always made the work day better. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:47 Profile United Kingdom

I have 2 PM's from " Chalk " Crying or Very Sad

I will never delete them and leave them as a monument to his memory Crying or Very Sad

REST IN PEACE M8 Crying or Very Sad

amrtommy

Private

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:47 Profile Poland

I was so sorry to hear about the passing away of ChalkTroop. My
thoughts go out to family and friends
R.I.P

frankof

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:48 Profile Norway

This was a shock

My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Ryan

Odin[DK]

Recruit

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 13:49 Profile Denmark

Very sad. My deepest sympathy and condolences to his family.

Tragedy Befalls Game Project 

Page 1 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: