Come Back Stories..
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Few questions about map editing. 

DeLuca[1CD}

Recruit

Posted: 05 May 2010 17:22 Profile

Hi all.

1. Is it possible to change the texture (Skin) on the drivable Humvee? I'd like to put on a forest skin instead of the plain old sand color.

2. is there a way to make all buildings have light instead of adding them? I tried adding lights to a classroom I built but ingame, its just all black :S

3. Is there an easy way to import a building from another map? Trying to import the FLS.aao warehouse but manually selecting the stuff leaves some out and selecting all actors/meshes selects ALL of them on the map...

PingWing / Christiaan

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 07 May 2010 14:04 Profile Netherlands

1. No .. Atleast not as far as I know.
2. -
3. Go to the screen in which everything is drawn in lines and select it there by pressing CTRL and Shift and then selecting an area. (or CTRL + Alt, I don't know it anymore it was a long time ago when I used the editor).

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 12 May 2010 20:58 Profile United States

1. You can assign different skins to any staticmesh in the game, but odds are they won't come out the way you want. But, I believe there is a woodland Humvee already in the game. The easiest way to find things to use imo is to open existing maps, and you can copy & paste them into your own. SF Courtyard has woodland style humvees scattered around the border of the map.

2. When you add lights to a classroom, you need to not only add the staticmesh (the object players see in-game) but also a light source. If you look in existing maps, they appear as lightbulbs.

3. PingWing's answer should work. Just remember that anytime you make a BSP change (things that are brush-based), you need to rebuild the map to see the changes.

PingWing / Christiaan

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 13 May 2010 05:24 Profile Netherlands

Your first answer only works for the non-drivable hummers.

Few questions about map editing. 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: