AA Challenge Winner
New Videos YouTube
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

more than 1 server 

ferlandez

Private

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 11:17 Profile Canada

hello i would like to know i can i host 2 server on the same machine.. I tried to change the port something like

server1= ipaddress:1716
server2=ipaddress:2000

but the server has the same query port of server 1 (1717)

how can I change this query port for my server 2 or how can I host more than 1 server on the same machine and Ip address

Thank and Sorry for my very bad english .. Confused

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 12:53 Profile Finland

query port is always +1 to the server.ini setted game port so if youre using 2000 as game port, query port will be 2001

you can change it from your server.ini

look for [url] and search for the Port= here you can see the default game port for AA2.XX, change it pretty much whatever you like, for other server Smile this should be found from the very beginning of the server.ini file Smile

suggestion, make ports to be like 1716 (for primary) then 1720 (for secondary) with 10 incement, this way those will work without any conflicts Smile OH and remember to start the server with MULTIHOME param to avoid the servers trying to run on same IP/port ;) the best way to keep servers separate on linux envinronment, is to install them to differend username, or AT LEAST to different folder, for example /home/aao/server1 and /home/aao/server2 unless you do this, servers try to dump pbsvss to same folder by default and they share same pb configs, which can cause problems later on Smile of course these can be somewhat be changed from the server.ini files but it canb e tricky and not 100% guaranteed to work A-Ok Very Happy

Embedded Image

more than 1 server 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: