Open Letter
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

MIssion Challenge 3, 4 & 5 Winners 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 17:03 Profile United States

In our largest America's Army YouTube channel contest to date, we challenged you to compete in three different events. Each of these challenges were based on our virtual Basic Combat Training missions and included Fit To Win, Basic Rifle Marksmanship, and MOUT Training. These missions were chosen for challenges to coincide with the reactivation of training levels within America's Army 3. We are pleased to announce the following winners' names:

Fit To Win
Time: 00:46:10
Winner: Toyamagakusei

Basic Rifle Marksmanship
Post Date: February 18, 2010
Winner: Fluffybeaver

MOUT Training
Accuracy: 100%
Time: 00:00:03
Targets Hit: 74/74
Winner: decasT

We had a chance to talk with all three winners to learn a bit about them and how they managed their remarkable scores.

AA: How long have you been playing America's Army?

Toyamagakusei: I have been playing America's Army since 2003.

decasT: If I can remember, when I discovered America's Army the client version was version 2.4. Recently I found that AA was a completely new game built on the Unreal Engine 3.0 and gave it a shot. To my surprise I really liked it so I have been playing it since that moment.

AA: What do you like most about America's Army?

Fluffybeaver: Making more friends because of the AAMCs!

decasT: I like the overall feeling of realism and seriousness that leads to other values to be evidenced – like responsibility, care for your teammates, and planning ahead for your actions. To do things the right way.

AA: What is your favorite AA mission?

Toyamagakusei: My favorite map for AA3 currently is the Pipeline. For AA 2.8.5 it was Insurgent Camp. I'm sure there will be others though. I think I enjoy these maps because there are multiple objectives you can complete and different strategies you can use.

decasT: I choose between Take and Hold and Activated Objective missions, however I think my top choice is Take and Hold. Take and Hold really seems to be the most balanced mission and the one I enjoy the most. My final answer is Take and Hold on Impact.

AA: If you could change one thing in America's Army, what would it be?

Fluffybeaver: Being able to revive more people because only a few do it, and since the medic training has been completed maybe stop your own bleeding.

AA: What was your strategy for this Mission Challenge?

decasT: I uploaded two videos. When I uploaded the first one I didn't know that confirming fallen enemies would lower the final time, so my first video was just a run and gun. Then my knowledge was broadened when I saw some of the videos being submitted by other guys and they had much lower times then me and I thought I could do better. I have to say a major slice of my results was thanks to the different tactics I saw in other players videos.

Toyamagakusei: My strategy for the Mission Challenge was to break down every section of the Fit To Win for the best time. Add a little luck and having Bozboz82 for an awesome competitor also helped.

AA: How much time did you spend creating your video?

Toyamagakusei: You only need about 10 minutes to create and post a basic video. If you want to post a high quality video or get fancy with it, you are looking at a few hours. I need to brush up on my artistic side to post some videos like Boz did.

AA: Which video capture application did you use?

decasT: I knew about FRAPS for some time however it is not free and I didn't want to purchase a license, so I googled for some recording software and found WeGame. I used WeGame to record the footage. Besides being out of synch with the audio it seemed pretty straight forward to use.

AA: Can we look forward to seeing your videos in future Mission Challenges?

Fluffybeaver: You sure can, and I hope more people will try the challenges.

Congratulations to the winners of Mission Challenges 3, 4 & 5, and be sure to watch our America's Army YouTube Channel for more exciting AA Mission Challenges and a chance to win cool AA3 prizes!

Also this week, check out the great new America's Army Mentor Program tutorial video on Activated Objectives on the Impact map. See how the pros play!

Silent^Reaper

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 17:45 Profile United States

Good job.

Is that 3 seconds for the MOUT Training? If so, that's pretty fast....

Embedded Image
IRC || Forum TOS || Forum Help || EULA

Blackthunder7

Mentor
Mentor

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 17:56 Profile Belgium

Congrats all Winner , and thank you all for participation

All The Best

Blackthunder7

M.Carter

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 18:23 Profile United Kingdom

dam those are some pretty fast times! congrats guys

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 18:29 Profile United States

The 3 second time was a result of accruing an enormous amount of time deductions for confirming enemy (targets) kills. decasT, and a few others, realized the possibility for time deductions was there and the rest was AA MOUT training history!

M.Carter

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 18:38 Profile United Kingdom

In that case im off to redo my MOUT Razz

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 19:14 Profile United Kingdom

Good jobs guys Smile

Congratulations to you all on the cracking achievements,

'Fit To Win' was a hard nut to crack and as Toyamagakusei (aka -JesseJames-) pointed out, it was indeed a greatly fought out battle for the fastest time. Infact all the challenges were hard fought, many videos were uploaded for each challenge everytime bettering a persons submission before it. Man I must have ran that obstacle course a thousand times Shocked

All of the challenges were fuelled by each others sportsmanship, friendship and collaboration, it was my pleasure taking part. Admittedly I have never been much of a graceful loser especially when it comes to a FPS title (I'm sure were all a little guilty of that lol) but there is a sense teamwork on the YouTube channel and it's brilliant to be part of, I too hope to see some more people having a go in the future Smile

Now then.....I can't wait for the next one Smile

Congrats again guys Cool

Embedded Image

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 23:56 Profile Lebanon

Congratulations guys ! I really gotta watch that Mout MC, and try to do better Razz

Spl1nt

Sergeant Major

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 02:33 Profile United Kingdom

Thank you to all participants and congratulations to all winners.

Look forward to the next competition.

MIssion Challenge 3, 4 & 5 Winners 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: