Name that AA map!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Rise to the Challenge 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 16:01 Profile United States

Answering the call, the U.S. Army is deployed to provide humanitarian aid. When an ominous plan is discovered, American Soldiers demonstrate courage and strength like no other in this ground-breaking graphic novel.

In part two, Rise to the Challenge, you'll watch Roy Lacroix go from a confused youth to a trained Army Medic. Follow him as he demonstrates honor, integrity and rises to the challenge as he is put to the test in combat.

Read it now at www.americasarmy.com/graphicnovel

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 16:04 Profile Argentina

Yes !! I have not read it yet, but it will be awesome if it is at least half as good as the first one !!

JoeRifle

Private

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 16:18 Profile

To really fight terrorism, humanitarian aid may sound like a plan also. Not to fight the terrorists but to help overcome the problem. HOOAH for helping in any way if it comes from the heart.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 16:46 Profile United States

I like the depth.

Silent^Reaper

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 17:21 Profile United States

sweet gj been waiting for another one Smile

Embedded Image
IRC || Forum TOS || Forum Help || EULA

UFF_count

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 19:57 Profile United States

Reading it now. By the way, if this is released, and it stars the medic, maybe that means medic update is close... Shocked

Read it all. Awesome. When's the next one? Razz

Last edited by UFF_count on 25 Feb 2010 20:41; edited 1 time in total
Arrgh

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 20:00 Profile

Well done!!! Smile

Neuenhoff

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 05:03 Profile United States

UFF_count wrote:

Reading it now. By the way, if this is released, and it stars the medic, maybe that means medic update is close... Shocked

Never know.

Very nice novel, looking forward to reading the next one.

Also, "Buckets" must be a huge chain, they are everywhere.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 05:26 Profile United Kingdom

It sure was an inspirational read, nice storyline and very well put together, kudos to the writers and creators Smile

Leaves me waiting for the second episode.... what's gonna happen to Roy?, time for a brainstorm methinks.... will he finish his active duty and become a successful Doctor outside of the Army?.... or will he infact sacrifice himself for the survival of another soldier or his even his squad? So many outcomes...

I can't wait to see how things pan out for him.

Embedded Image

UFF_count

Private First Class

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 09:43 Profile United States

Neuenhoff wrote:

UFF_count wrote:

Never know.

Well, the first graphic novel was released the 5th of last June, and the game was released the 17th... And why would they give us a sneak peek of the medic if they're going to wait a while longer before they add it... Confused

The possibility is there!

Of course, I know I'm setting myself up for a major disappointment when medic doesn't appear soon. But I can dream...

Bozy wrote:

It sure was an inspirational read, nice storyline and very well put together, kudos to the writers and creators Smile

Leaves me waiting for the second episode.... what's gonna happen to Roy?, time for a brainstorm methinks.... will he finish his active duty and become a successful Doctor outside of the Army?.... or will he infact sacrifice himself for the survival of another soldier or his even his squad? So many outcomes...

Agreed. Maybe next one won't take so long to get to us? Cheesy Grin

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 12:33 Profile United States

Bozy wrote:

That WAS the second book. It's the third one you're waiting for lol. I don't know if you realized that the two stories were merged together in the end. The second book introduced a new main character, and connected him to the last book at the end with his role and involvement. Each of these stories are beginning with character development and backstory then melding them together to a much bigger picture of the storyline. The more important fact isn't the characters, but the intel that was gathered in the story (the intel was taken as part of the operation that was planned as briefed in the first book). Perhaps the third novel will shed some light in what that info is. It'll probably explain why the NME is going rogue.

DougSimpson48

Private

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 14:56 Profile

Wondering if, when they implement a dedicated Medic MOS, if killing the NME Medic will have a ROE penalty

Thoughts, troops?

// Doug //

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 15:02 Profile Argentina

DougSimpson48 wrote:

Wondering if, when they implement a dedicated Medic MOS, if killing the NME Medic will have a ROE penalty

Thoughts, troops?

// Doug //

Nah, I think that it is called Medic Training but you will perform as a CLS, not as an unarmed Medic.
In my experience, playing as unarmed will get you killed fast. When I played Project Reality Mod, nobody used the insurgent informants, 'cause everyone just shot at you instead of arresting you. And that class only had a cellphone and stones to fight with, lol.

-={IFF}=-Brein

Private

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 08:57 Profile Netherlands

Glad this was about 68W Im thinking about going into the Dutch army as a medic...not really in the mood to go take the normal civi nursing classes...can anyone motivate me xD???

Dutch_Leader

Recruit

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 12:18 Profile Netherlands

Nice novel mate Keep it up. The people are enjoying them!

Rise to the Challenge 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: