Common Solutions
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 19 of 19     
  Page Jump     

America's Army 3: Version 3.0.7 Released 

I,m fartgas blowfart

Private

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 15:04 Profile Ireland

[quote="Bozy"]Have you ever thought... maybe we say these things to you people because the game some how works fine for some of us fartgas, it has nothing to do with fanboy-ism or defending the game. It's perfectly fine for people to post their issues they have with the game, I actually believe it to be helpful and following protocol when done right. It's when people start talking crap about wasted tax dollars and Dev's not caring or knowing how to fix things... that's when I think to myself, why do these people constantly moan and whine about a game when they can consciously "choose" not to play it?

You guys obviously don't agree that these sorts of pointless posts create bad karma in a community and that they paint the forums with un-needed spam. Do you think the Dev's will take notice of people who choose to rip into their hard work with insults? I can tell you that posting hurtful comments and un-educated guesses at how America's Army is run and managed will get you nowhere, who wants to listen or read it? not me.

Call me whatever you like... fanboy, bozo, butt-kisser whatever... ultimately the fact remains that the game works for me and many others.. yeah I feel sorry that it don't work properly for others, there's nothing I can do about that but offer help anyway I can... that's what I try to do around here, not preach or big-up anything.... I guess that makes me a real "bozo butt kissing fanboy", huh?[/quote

How you can even say this game works for you is beyond me.
Are you saying that it works perfectly with no bugs whatsoever?

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 15:05 Profile United States

I,m fartgas blowfart wrote:

Bozy wrote:

Have you ever thought... maybe we say these things to you people because the game some how works fine for some of us fartgas, it has nothing to do with fanboy-ism or defending the game. It's perfectly fine for people to post their issues they have with the game, I actually believe it to be helpful and following protocol when done right. It's when people start talking crap about wasted tax dollars and Dev's not caring or knowing how to fix things... that's when I think to myself, why do these people constantly moan and whine about a game when they can consciously "choose" not to play it?

You guys obviously don't agree that these sorts of pointless posts create bad karma in a community and that they paint the forums with un-needed spam. Do you think the Dev's will take notice of people who choose to rip into their hard work with insults? I can tell you that posting hurtful comments and un-educated guesses at how America's Army is run and managed will get you nowhere, who wants to listen or read it? not me.

Call me whatever you like... fanboy, bozo, butt-kisser whatever... ultimately the fact remains that the game works for me and many others.. yeah I feel sorry that it don't work properly for others, there's nothing I can do about that but offer help anyway I can... that's what I try to do around here, not preach or big-up anything.... I guess that makes me a real "bozo butt kissing fanboy", huh?

Is that beyond all possibility?

I,m fartgas blowfart

Private

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 15:06 Profile Ireland

I believe so

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 15:17 Profile United States

No, not really. It is possible for a game to be working smoothly for one person than the other. Well, I mean, Devs wouldn't bypass the Beta testers in the first place and not notice it. I'm sure most of the Betas reported few issues outside of the stuff reported here as "new" problems, but the old stuff would have already been fixed for this patch. Even the next one would be the same thing. I'm sure the Devs also had theirs perfectly running on their system.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 15:38 Profile United Kingdom

So far I have yet to come across a bug that has not been already reported, such as the dreaded gunface for example, but then the difference between me and some "nameless" others are that I don't come here to complain about them or tell stories based on presumptions.

Yeah I get lag on non-European servers and yeah I get a bit miffed when I do get gun-faced, or my reload fails to put any rounds into my gun... I just get on with it. If I was to come across something wrong that was not already reported then I would be quick to report it, properly.... certainly not come here and whine about it.

Call it a respectful mature attitude rather than a "fanboy" one please... actually branding me a fan-boy feels like it's taking 10 years off of my age lol.

Embedded Image

Joatm0n

Private

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 19:11 Profile

Phoenix wrote
Quote:

Everyone's situation is different, and using a solution that worked for someone else, may not work 100% for you. If you don't mind, please send a copy of your Dxdiag report to aacm@americasarmy.com. This report will allow us to examine, in great detail, the specifics of your system and help us identify a solution.

We're here to help.

I sent two after 3.0.6 and after 4 months I am still waiting for a reply. Since I have not received any, I can only conclude they have no clue how to fix it. The reason for my previous rant.

Lilith wrote
Quote:

I don't care if my honor is even 1. I only registered to test different systems to see which work, and I know why things work well than others. I don't have to, or need to, play AA3. However, I've been here for a couple years (WAAAAAY before AA3 even existed!), and so far I'm honor 68 (equivalent of an NCO - E6 Staff Sergeant) in AA2

Complaining about people with issues in AA3 when you do not even play it!!!!!!
Man you are pathetic.

Razorback718

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 08:13 Profile Iceland

I wonder how many times I will have to reach 100 wins before I get that achievement.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 12:29 Profile United States

Joatm0n wrote:

Lilith wrote
Quote:

I don't care if my honor is even 1. I only registered to test different systems to see which work, and I know why things work well than others. I don't have to, or need to, play AA3. However, I've been here for a couple years (WAAAAAY before AA3 even existed!), and so far I'm honor 68 (equivalent of an NCO - E6 Staff Sergeant) in AA2

Complaining about people with issues in AA3 when you do not even play it!!!!!!
Man you are pathetic.

Defending them is pathetic. It's not about playing the game (btw when I tested AA3 when it was first released, I did not see the problems you were talking about), it's about respect for the game. It's a free game. You are not fulfilling any obligation to the Army by playing it, and they in turn aren't obligated to listen to your rants. They care about the problems more an the solutions in how to fix it. If there's any constructive feedback, they'll note it, but otherwise it's pathetic and a waste of space to whine and doesn't do anyone good but to incite and inflame others - a no-no in these forums.

BTW, I've not had problems contacting AACM in the past and they have quick responses. Maybe it was your wording or attitude they didn't like, or maybe they didn't get it, or maybe you didn't get a response because it didn't go through. If you had issues via email, tell them that is not a good medium for communication and that you would prefer the form of PMs to rectify the issue.

PapaBear=VX9=

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 14:44 Profile United States

Joatm0n wrote:

Hey papa, I have played this game for a solid 8 months and have earned this rant.
Unlike you with your rank of 18 who tells eveyone to go play the game and stop complaining.

We are tired of hearing you complain about the people who have problems with this game since day one.

I read all the reports of this problem and some were told to update thier drivers. They update, have same problem, report back and there is no reply. Why? because they have no clue how to fix it.

Maybe if you played the game the way you tell everyone else to, you would have these problems.

Rank 18, that takes about two weeks to get, so how about you stop complaining about the people with problems and go play the game.

http://login.aa3.americasarmy....ar=VX9=

LOL, well excuse me for having a job, a wife, a few kids and a life outside of gaming. As much as I'd like to, I don't exactly have the luxury of spending hours and hours every night playing games. I have, however, been playing America's Army since the very beginning in 2002 and I have been in the software development and hardware business for many, many years, so I think I can consider myself a bit of a general subject matter expert when it comes to the software development process and how to resolve problems when they crop up. And while I may not have as many tracked playing hours as you (which based on your elitist attitude, I'm guessing in your "solid 8 months" of play you've probably already capped out at 100 Honor, right?) I can assure you that I do have a pretty solid grasp of this game and the problems that some people are seeing and others aren't.

I have tried to point out the fact that if it works perfectly on one system, and doesn't run on another, then there is OBVIOUSLY something different about the two systems that causes the disparity in performance. But rather than listen to this advise, too many people want to say, "No way! It's not my system! I'm running an I12 processor with 400 terabytes of RAM and an nVidia GTX595 prototype videocard that can render real life graphics in Battlefield 1942. It should run AA3 just fine!" No. SOMETHING about YOUR system is causing a conflict. Now, is it the game's fault or is it your fault? Both. But the Devs can't fix it if they don't know it exists. And sometimes they can't fix it even if they do know it exists. As I've pointed out to you with you running Norton, there are just some software applications that are NOTORIOUS for not playing nicely with other things installed on your box. BTW, have you tried completely disabling / uninstalling Norton yet to see if it fixes your problem?

So on that note, if you TRULY want to help make this game better, then do what the Devs have asked and make clear, concise bug reports rather than simply complaining about something without offering any details. Make sure to include as much information as you can about your system, including your hardware and any software you are running in the background. Feel free to complain, but try to make it constructive. And try to keep the rant posts to a minimum. You complain about not getting a response on messages you've sent, but with all of the garbage that has been posted, it's no wonder that your messages got lost in the deluge. But I'm pretty sure that they are working through these messages as best they can. There are just a ton of them to go through. And also keep in mind that this is still not a huge studio like EA or Infinity Ward. There aren't a couple hundred developers plugging away at this. It is still a small team with limited resources. So again, how about showing them a little bit of consideration. Regardless of what you may feel, there's not some big conspiracy to ruin this game for you.

PapaBear=VX9=

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 14:52 Profile United States

I,m fartgas blowfart wrote:

It works fine for me, and has for quite some time. Not perfect, but I'm not expecting absolute perfection from any game, including games that have a higher office supply budget than this game has cost. Every piece of software will have some bugs somewhere. And those bugs will ultimately be fixed if they are reported properly. The issues that I have had have been minor, or they have been issues that I was able to rectify myself by:
1) Finding a server that was closer.
2) Shutting down unnecessary tasks running in the background.
3) Not Alt-Tabbing out of the game.
4) Restarting the game (usually necessary when I've Alt-Tabbed out for more than a minute or two, as I'll start getting PB issues.)
5) Rebooting my computer.

Last edited by PapaBear=VX9= on 24 Feb 2010 14:53; edited 1 time in total
PapaBear=VX9=

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 14:53 Profile United States

Oops. Double post.

Rabb_de

Recruit

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 16:00 Profile

no, tripple post

Sry for spam, but I had to say it Very Happy

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 16:00 Profile United States

Ok, I think that will just about wrap up this discussion. Please take your arguments to the PM system or to another forum.

Joatm0n wrote:

I sent two after 3.0.6 and after 4 months I am still waiting for a reply. Since I have not received any, I can only conclude they have no clue how to fix it. The reason for my previous rant.

If you sent in a support request to AACM you certainly should have received a reply, even if it was to say that we did not have a solution to the problem. That said though, please feel free to email us as I suggested earlier and we'll do our best to resolve any problems.

America's Army 3: Version 3.0.7 Released 

« Previous Page        Page 19 of 19     
  Page Jump     

This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: