More search options

HOT TOPICS  

Common Solutions
Training Missions
Name that AA map!
Deploy/AMW Features
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Fluffybeaver Wins America's Army Mission Challenge 1! 

ChalkTroop

AA Community Manager
AA Community Manager

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 14:00 Profile United States

America’s Army is pleased to announce the winner of our first YouTube video mission challenge is Fluffybeaver. After submitting several video entries, Fluffy clocked an unbelievable time of 1 minute 39 seconds using some speed techniques that even we didn’t think of. Another America’s Army fan, BlackThunder7, also put up a time of 1:39, but Fluffybeaver edged him out by submitting his video a few hours earlier. We asked Fluffy a few questions about his winning video entry and America’s Army

AA: How long have you been playing America’s Army?

FB: I have been playing AA since 2005.

AA: Why do you enjoy playing America’s Army?

FB: It is the best first person shooting game I have ever played. Loved to be the sniper with M24 on bridge and rush, often got called a hacker (heh). I must say I really miss my M24 on AA3.

AA: Do you have a clan of players that you regularly play with?

FB: I usually go where the ping is low and the server is not too packed. I was a member of the MFF clan for 4 years but when the AA division ended I decided to try the single life.

AA: What is your favorite AA mission and why?

FB: Well in AA2 Bridge was my favorite of all because although it didn't seem to be the most challenging map, with good players on OpFor it was both challenging and fun. In AA3 Alley and Ranch are fun ones, and after this mission challenge I find myself looking for a nice Pipeline server.

AA: How did you find out about the Mission Challenge?

FB: I saw the ad for it on the americasarmy.com.

AA: What was your strategy for the Mission Challenge?

FB: To cut every corner and every second shorter, with one thing on my mind - to win! And it seems that the saying "if you set your mind to something, you can achieve anything" is true. Tried over and over and over again and thanks to blackthunder7 I pushed myself even harder

AA: Did you share strategies with other YouTube users in trying to record the fastest possible time?

FB: Me and blackthunder7 worked on getting the max out of this route and we did.

Congratulations to Fluffybeaver on winning the first America’s Army YouTube video mission challenge. We hope to see more from you and other AA players as we release more mission challenges. Mission Challenge 2 is currently underway. Check it out at www.youtube.com/americasarmy.

Embedded Image

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 15:50 Profile

Congrats Fluffy.
Razz

Blackthunder7

Mentor
Mentor

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 15:52 Profile Belgium

Nice job for fluffybeaver its a hard player
but He finished the race in 1.39, but I finished in 1.38
copy of my comment aa3 youtube channel
iriminage67 (6 days ago) Spam Marked as spam Blackthunder7 v12 sent
copy youtube
AAMC1 Blackthunder7 v12
AAMC1
Added: December 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
Strange no ...... 1 second less and i lost ......
Regards

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 16:00 Profile United Kingdom

Congratulations Fluffybeaver, a very nice run Smile

Embedded Image

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 17:10 Profile Lebanon

Congrats man Very Happy

VeiX

Recruit

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 23:30 Profile Estonia

What can I say ... they ruled that I won ... I'm very happy

charognard - for your information I'm not an American either ... I'm a foreign student from a country called Estonia

Blackthunder7

Mentor
Mentor

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 06:01 Profile Belgium

i am happy for you too VeiX , its not thats the problem you are good player and you have good skill too
For that alone you have the right to have the gift but not victory
but for me December 23 is December 23 and i post my video on 23 th that's all I see
they made a mistake proof is on youtube, when we were on a mission when have said extraction point charly to 1330 it was not 1100

Your honor is safe because you're well defended, it is not YOUR fault VeiX , this is not true of everyone here, when they made a mistake, has apologized

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 06:33 Profile Lebanon

Blackthunder, I understand what you're saying, but the sad thing is that your last video was posted just hours after AAMC1 was closed Confused

Blackthunder7

Mentor
Mentor

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 07:06 Profile Belgium

no no no Bachim the challenge say 2 december until 23 december , i receive confirmation by americas army youtube private message its 23 december at 23h59
i post my video youtube at AAMC1 Blackthunder7 v12 Added: December 23, 2009, 01:28 PM <<==== copy youtube
were doing when an error has apologized

Lepardi

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 08:29 Profile

I wish I had known there was such a contest and I would have attended Sad

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 10:56 Profile United States

Hi BlackThunder7,

We've carefully gone over your latest entry again to double check ourselves and the final decision. We believe we've made the correct call in declaring Fluffy the winner as the time you and he posted is exactly the same, or so close that no difference can be detected.

If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, please email us at aacm@americasarmy.com and we'll be happy to answer any questions.

Blackthunder7

Mentor
Mentor

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 12:38 Profile Belgium

Copy Phoenix

Fluffybeaver opens the door on this video at 21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...TKBj6Vs
i open the door at 22 on this video http://www.youtube.com/user/ir...-AC81b4 From: iriminage67 | December 23, 2009 | 81 views
1 seconde less not difficult to see that there is a second i think

Email sent Phoenix i stop my post for the moment

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 13:17 Profile United States

BlackThunder7,

We did review the video you reference below, and found that the goal was not reached until 1:39. Our criteria may be different from what you are using. If you would like to discuss this or get a more detailed explanation, let's do so through email, but please, let's free up the forums of this discussion.

Thanks!

Fluffybeaver Wins America's Army Mission Challenge 1! 

Page 1 of 1     

This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: