S4BL3

Recruit

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 10:28 Profile

I finally got AA working, I am currently running it in the following Machine:

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala (i386)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+
2 GB of RAM
NVidia GeForce 6410 Video Card

The game starts and loads fine, but when I attempt to log in, I get the unable to connect to the authentication server. Where do I go to change the settings. I connect to the internet using a cable modem and have never had this problem before.

Any help is appreciated!

~Sable

Deafboy

Recruit

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 12:21 Profile

Having same issue on Ubuntu karmic, armyops 2.5.0
After installation of aditional package libstdc++5 game works fine, but i cannot log-in with my account. (deafboy2v1)
Login on http://login.americasarmy.com/ works fine, I also see there my completed trainings.

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 08 Dec 2009 09:42 Profile Finland

double check firewall setup to allow proper ports for the game, those can be found from manual.americasarmy.com AND u need to setup firewall allow auth ports (those are propably in linux server manual) to allow game to access AA authentication system and that way to connect your AA account Smile

Embedded Image

Deafboy

Recruit

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 15:36 Profile

I am not using any SW firewall. I am behind the router, but using active connections is unussual in games, especially when I am requesting connection to some server. By the way page manual.americasarmy.com does not contains any manual, there are only two picture links to blank wiki pages. Is there any port forwarding, or special settings needed? I have played Americas Army on ubuntu before on the same HW and everything works fine. (Expect, on previous version of ubuntu there was all dependencies satisfied right after installation of game, so it is posible that some important package is missing in the system.)
A Im trying to run AA because I am writing a topic about linux games, so S4BL3, if you find out anything new about this issue, keep us informed. I will try to google more info or wtire a post to ubuntu forum.

edit____________________________________________________

My mistake, the text links under the pictures on wiki works fine.
Ports forwarded on router, but no change in game. Still cannot connect.
http://deafboy.cicolina.org/ig...rum.png

Is there still support of armyops 2.5.0 on official server? ("Please ensure that you're using the most current version of America's Army")

Deafboy

Recruit

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 20:23 Profile

Now I can say that error is in ubuntu. When I finaly get my nvidia card working under Arch linux, I tryed to run AA and login. There is no problem with login to game on Arch linux.

jillyronald

Recruit

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 06:08 Profile

Now I also solve my ubuntu error. Earlier It the ubuntu application was showing so much errors but still, it does 't showing any errors. It is because of above useful details, It is very needed and useful information for me.

Cannot connect to Authentication Server 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: