More search options

HOT TOPICS  

Community Sites
Remember when...
AA3 Known Issues
Training Missions
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

New soldier! Couple of inexperienced player questions! 

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 02:50 Profile

Hello everyone I'm a new AA player. So far after a couple days of play I'm loving it and gathered a couple questions up.

How well does the bullets penetrate walls and objects?

How many hits from melee to kill someone?

I want to communicate like a soldier, where can I find the legit terms for things I will encounter in AA3???

I have seen there are a lot of tweaks one can do to this game, which are the recommended MUST DO tweaks???

Is there anyway to save a server to favorites from the history tab, instead of finding it under multiplayer? I ask because sometimes it is confusing if a clan has more than one server up and I cant seem to figure out which one I'm in! From within the game I will try to add server under favorites but seems I can only do so from under multiplayer?

I have some more but got to think of them so I'll post back in a bit!! Thanks!

Danlo

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 06:39 Profile United Kingdom

Badwish wrote:

Hello everyone I'm a new AA player. So far after a couple days of play I'm loving it and gathered a couple questions up.

depends on the objects and walls

Quote:

depends - from behind then you might do it in one - otherwise three or there abouts - just keep whacking til they go down

Quote:

I want to communicate like a soldier, where can I find the legit terms for things I will encounter in AA3???

I don't think there are any - try reading the manual it might help

Quote:

I have seen there are a lot of tweaks one can do to this game, which are the recommended MUST DO tweaks???

as long as you have Anti-A switched off for the game there NO recommended tweaks they are all entirely up to you - just don't do too much like switching foliage off as its classed as cheat as you will get booted from a few servers for it

Quote:

Is there anyway to save a server to favorites from the history tab, instead of finding it under multiplayer? I ask because sometimes it is confusing if a clan has more than one server up and I cant seem to figure out which one I'm in! From within the game I will try to add server under favorites but seems I can only do so from under multiplayer?

just add a server to your favourites in the browser list - this function should be working now - you can only add a server from the browser list I'm afraid.

hope that's what you want

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 06:54 Profile

Works for me! Thank you for all of your answers.

So for an example if someone was behind a wooden door and I loaded it up, they should get shot up decently as well? I would really like to test it out some myself to save the questions but just do not have the spare time. Frowning

About tweaks just know I seen some for cpu core, priority, lag, and like fps limits. I'm definitely not into any tweaks that can cause any problems!

Thanks a lot!

Danlo

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 09:07 Profile United Kingdom

Yeah shooting through wooden doors you'll probably get them - you can shoot through some thin walls as well

the tweaks you have mention should be ok - I'm using Win 7 myself so I'm not sure what the commands would be to do the core and priority and I'm trying the lag ones myself

good luck and don't be afraid to ask

[XIII]Wrath

Sergeant

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 09:21 Profile Poland

Buildings on Ranch map are wooden.

All shots get through walls.

Watch out for grenades also.

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 11:07 Profile

If you dont mind me asking how has your experience with Windows 7 gaming? Would you recommend it for a gamer? I've been thinking about upgrading to it!

Great to know about the bullet penetration! Thanks a lot!

Danlo

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 12:09 Profile United Kingdom

Win 7 uses dx10 as its native graphics thingy instead of dx9 and runs it about 100% better than vista does - most games run much better and smoother than vista - I don't think vista was ever correctly optimised for gaming

another thing about grenades you will get concussion damage as well as physical damage - so even if the nade goes off on the otherside of a car the concussion wave will knock you out

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 13:12 Profile

I think I'm going to get Windows 7 very soon then, that sounds nice Very Happy

I see about grenades, thats nice information thank you very much!

Avager

Private First Class

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 19:38 Profile Poland

I will answer to the questions once again, because I have done few tests with my mates from clan.

Quote:

Some walls (usually most) are able to be penetrated with bullets, sometimes bullets are flying through objects like they weren't even on line of these bullets (illusionary walls), example of that (illusionary wall) is big wooden fence which leads to wester balcony on Impact on southern spawn. While illusionary walls let bullets pass like there was no obstacle, normal walls spread bullets like crazy, it doesn't matter if it's 15 cm thick wall or 75 cm one, both spread bullets in same way.
Also you should be warn that there are some walls or even props (small tables, fences) that should be penetrated but aren't able to... so watch out... example is a bed (or fence, whatever it is) in debris of destroyed building in middle of Impact.

Quote:

2 hits from front.
1 hit from back or side.
You are not able to kill moving target with melee if you don't train a bit with some friends... it's REALLY hard, and most kills in melee fights are being made on static targets. So don't bother using melee on someone who runs, just reload and shot him instead.

Rest was answered in Danlo's post.

Embedded Image

Embedded Image

PinkPanther

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 23:27 Profile United States

Badwish wrote:

From what I've seen one if you actually hit them in the head as intended.

Badwish wrote:

Best you can do is keep the VOIP short and to the point while in play to relay enemy positions or warnings about grenades, etc., try to use the other buttons as intended, for example, don't beg for a medic in VOIP, use the medic button and don't use it over and over either, unlike the enemy spotted button when you press medic you will show up as wounded on the minimap for the rest of the round or until you get a medic so there is no need in spamming it, we also don't need to hear your every move as some have done in the past and try to learn the map positions as displayed below the minimap, there is no "Coke room" in Alley, in fact there is no "Coke" in the entire game and if you look below your minimap you'll see that this is the first floor office, consistancy matters as does keeping it short and simple, like "two enemy rushing north in east alley", or "enemy second floor apartment balcony", just remember you have to share the channel and while your mumbling a bunch of stuff we don't need to hear or that you could have taken care of with a radial you might be missing something you wish you didn't.

Bad VOIP examples:

"I'm firing my M320 across the map, I'm switching back to my M16, I'm going to burst mode, I'm moving to another location."

Yes, people have done that, we don't need to know every move you make. Laughing

"OMG! the enemy or right on top of me, someone help me pleaseeeeeee."

Senseless without hitting the report button we don't even know where your at.

"One enemy here, ohh wait here's another, one has a saw, the other has"

Who cares what weapons they have, again, where are you?

If your reporting enemy on you use the report button, if not then tell us where they are as quickly and as accurately as possible, or even "I have three in the east alley, need backup".

The main point again, is that we are all sharing this channel, so don't tie up the channel too much or too long, you just might miss something that will save your characters life.

Badwish wrote:

Depends on your system, I for one run on all low settings, I disable dynamic lighst and extras like ambient occlusion, but I enable dynamic shadows and dynamic decals, I've also found that if your running on the minimum 1GB of ram you should cut your memory pool in half ( 256x2 as opposed to 512x2 ) so your harddrive doesn't spin all of the time.

Badwish wrote:

Sadly I believe this feature is still broken, as one of the newest beta testers I invite you to file a bug report on it in the bug reporting section or searching for the previous report and commenting on it.

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 00:58 Profile

Great replies I thank you both loads.

The bullet penetration comment is very interesting, I definitely will have to do some testing myself and learning in that area.

I see about melee, I had asked because I swore I landed a hit or two on someone once before but got nothing. I see I should just basically reload and shoot until I get good with melee!

As with communication I'm usually very quiet and spot enemies with button instead of VOIP. I've been focusing on the location names here recently, hopefully I can learn fast!

Thank you all for the replies!

PinkPanther

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 16:03 Profile United States

And don't forget the report in key, very useful, particularly if you don't know where you are at enough to tell someone before your secured.

Badwish

Recruit

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 06:19 Profile

That is true, I use it a lot when I'm first incapacitated! I haven't gotten loads of play time in AA3 yet but I've become a good bit familiar with it.

mikeasi

Recruit

Posted: 11 Nov 2009 18:18 Profile

hey, I've been trying to complete training but I always fail. What time do we have to havee to be able to pass?

Manning[75thR]

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Nov 2009 21:50 Profile

Badwish wrote:

Unlike Call of Duty 4, there are scarse objects that you can shoot through... I'm not sure if there are any objects in AA3 that you can shoot through as most as metal/concrete or walls. Or some combination there of. You might try several wooden plywood boards.

It takes one hit from a melee to kill somebody, though you may have trouble hitting the guy.

You might want to use V and try talk as efficiently as possible IE "One behind the dumpster!" "Hostiles right!"
Or if you launch a frag, do it silently so the enemy wont hear "FRAGZOON!" but then use voice chat to yell "Frag out!"

Id recommend you visit http://www.sandlineclan.com/in...emid=69 and go through things as you see fit.

Basically, the main thing in AA3 is to take things slowly. Due to the low FPS most encounters wont be the "Rush in guns blazing and get the guy with crosshairs". You will want to go in grenade first most times. Take the entry briskly but not to fast. So you have time to register that certain parts of the room is clear.

New soldier! Couple of inexperienced player questions! 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: