Name that AA map!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

AA2.8.5.0 Linux server 

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 03 Oct 2009 16:38 Profile

thanks so much for your help!!

I downloaded the files and got everything working perfectly!

THANKS!

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 04 Oct 2009 09:23 Profile Finland

nice to hear m8 Smile

Embedded Image

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 04 Oct 2009 14:52 Profile

one last thing.. to run punkbuster it seems there is a snag with pbsv.so

To get PB running, evenbalance has a command prompt app to get PB working.

I am getting an error saying "Invalid ELF Header"

Any thoughts on what would cause this or how to fix it?

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 05 Oct 2009 09:56 Profile Finland

never heard, but tricks to get pb working are quite simple, u can pretty much download new game specific package from evenbalance and overwrite existing (old) files, then restart server, works almost every time.. also one can delete .htm files from the /htm folder and replace those files by copying em from working server, those files are not server specific and can be copyed from almost everywhere Very Happy also windoze server files work with linux punkbuster if were talking about update files like .htm .. that header thingie sounds so much to be like some corrupted pb file, which needs to replaced with working one.. never used promp pbupdate softwares myself, could say u save your efford a lot while learning how to do raw copying and replacing those files needed by manually updating em, linux punkbuster (once it starts properly) is so stable software, it seldom makes mistakes, so once it fires up, it updates itself and works like a lavatory in old trains Smile

one last thing, punkbuster sometimes has difficulties to start with linux server, so just simply restart server process few times and it pretty much fixxes certain problems.. restart server, not once, not twice but many times if pb starts to annoy you Smile

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 05 Oct 2009 14:27 Profile

thanks for the help and information

I will fix punkbuster with feils from a windows server.

Everything has been working fine except when I close my SSH console it shuts the server down even tho I add "&" at the end of the command line which DOES seperate it from the console and tried ctrl-a-d as instructed in the manual but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll figure that one out eventually myself

Thanks for everything!

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 10:33 Profile Finland

free hint: start server in screen, that way u dont need to worry about what key to press when exiting, not to kill server by mistake Smile OR better to add cronjob to watch over server and make script for server starting Smile OR use script below to easen up your life Very Happy

Code:

#!/bin/sh

# User which the script is run from CRON
GUSER="USERNAME HERE"

# Game directory
GDIR="$HOME/aa.2.8.4.0/System" <= change the path here!! (prolly not going to succeed with my old linux box data inside :D )

# EXEcutable binary names
GBINARY="server-bin"
GPARAMS="global $1 -nohomedir multihome=IP.IP.IP.IP ini=server.ini log=server.log"

###### Do not touch below ######
ISPROCS=`ps U $GUSER`
cd $GDIR

ISRUNNING=`echo "$ISPROCS"|grep $GBINARY`
if [ "x$ISRUNNING" = "x" ]; then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GDIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec screen -dmS SERVER ./$GBINARY $GPARAMS
fi

just create .txt file for example using nano editor, edit username, IP and path to reflect your server and name it as start.sh, copypaste the edited lines inside the file and save it Smile usage: ./start.sh <mapnamehere> for example ./start.sh SFHospital.aao

voila Smile

another usefull script to be used with cronjob
Code:

#!/bin/sh

# User which the script is run from CRON
GUSER="USERNAME HERE"

# Game directory
GDIR="$HOME/aa.2.8.4.0/System" <= change this path

# EXEcutable binary names
GBINARY="server-bin"
GPARAMS="global SFhospital.aao -nohomedir multihome=IP.IP.IP.IP ini=server.ini log=server.log"

###### Do not touch below ######
ISPROCS=`ps U $GUSER`
cd $GDIR

ISRUNNING=`echo "$ISPROCS"|grep $GBINARY`
if [ "x$ISRUNNING" = "x" ]; then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GDIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec ./$GBINARY $GPARAMS
fi

so basically usage is the same, just fire up the server ./runserver_real.sh or let cronjob do it, i used cron to check whether server is running or not every 5 minutes and it fired up the serveer, incase it crashed for some reason, also we did use script to kill server-bin every 24h to prevent lagging issues and also script automatically downloaded current banlists and checks automatically just coule minutes before the daily reboot.. hope these little lines help you to manage your server more easy way Smile

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 08 Oct 2009 01:28 Profile

thanks for the cronjob scripts

I don't really know anything about cron or how it works. I created the files and uploaded them to the server but I am not sure where they should be placed or how to make them run through cron

I attempted to set a cronjob to run every 3 minutes using the second script you mentioned but it doesn't seem to be working.. I changed the user, IP and directory that points to the game files, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

These scripts will really help once I get it fixed up

-- I copied the PB files from one of our windows servers and got that fixed up.. thanks!

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 08 Oct 2009 08:48 Profile Finland

u need to learn how to use cronjobs for the linux, and theres loads of good tutorials found from google for example Smile i first suggest you to learn how to use that "raw" bootup script for your AA server, aka ./start.sh <mapname> and then when you got the basic idea how cronjobs work, add server more automated Smile

# Game directory
GDIR="$HOME/aa.2.8.4.0/System" <= change this path

these lines point the place where script should be and its your for example /home/aaserver directory, dunno where you have installed your server but these scripts are pretty much easiest to use when on the base folder of AA server, aka if full path to server system folder is /home/aaserver/2.8.4.0/System then you implement scripts to /home/aaserver Smile
i used different usernames for the server, because we ran 3 AA2 servers and CoD5 on same iron, to prevent messups with server starting and user previliges, so its prolly good way to maintain ur server, you can also run multiple instances of server from same folder, but then you need to spesify the configs etc to reflect those different servers and sometimes it can be a bit confusing Smile

sorry i havent had time to create full tutorial/manual for the AA2 linux server but i promise its on its way when i get some time off from rl duties and all this will be explained there Smile

check this link relating to cronjob:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/man...ks.html

it pretty much covers all what u need to know how to setup job for server autostart Smile OH and forgot to say, the command which u can execute for editing crontab is crontab -e (as user) or crontab -eu (as root) Smile
export EDITOR=nano before that will make your life a LOT easier when editing crontabs Smile

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 20:41 Profile

got everything worked out. cron is making sure server stays running and everything works smooth

thanks so much for your help!

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Oct 2009 13:52 Profile Finland

glad to hear u got it tuned up Smile

AA2.8.5.0 Linux server 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

Jump to: