Open Letter
Name that AA map!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

AA2.8.5.0 Linux server 

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 08:08 Profile

I downloaded the Linux server copy of 2.8.4.0 and then applied the update for 2.8.5.0 and made changes to the server.ini file as shown on the online manual page http://manual.americasarmy.com..._Server and on first run it seems to be running but I can't connect to it with the client. After I shut it down and try to restart it I get the error "CommandLet SERVER not found"

I also noticed that after first run, most of the data in the server.ini is gone with nothing left showing the IP or admin info.. where does it go and why is it busted? A friend told me it should create an ArmyOps.ini file after first run but it does not exist. I use the -nohomedir command to ensure all fies stay within the local folder and do not attempt to go to the users /home folder.

I noticed all help in the manual is for version 2.7 and 2.1

Any idea what is wrong or how to fix it?

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 18:08 Profile United States

moving to linux server support

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 07:22 Profile

I resolved some issues since the past post which was mostly caused by the server.ini file being modified.
My new problem is below.. I read up on some posts about similar problems which related to changing to an older RPM that would be compatible. The main thing is, all the posts are from 2004-2008 and the new 2.8.5.0 version is different from older versions from what I can tell by what others have said. My current error is below:
[root@myserver System]# ./server-bin GLOBAL Interdiction.aao -nohomedir ini=server.ini log=server.log
Encryption key located and validated.
Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Cheat protection disabled
Browse: Interdiction.aao?Name=Recruit?Class=AGP_Characters.AGP_Character?;Character=Recruit?team=255
No localization: Engine.Progress.LoadingMap (int)
Assertion failed: Ptr [File:../Core/Inc/FMallocAnsi.h] [Line: 32]
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Assertion failed: Ptr [File:../Core/Inc/FMallocAnsi.h] [Line: 32]

History:

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 18 MByte 867 KByte 862 Bytes from HD took 2.158667 seconds (2.158667 reading, 0.000000 seeking).
FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Name subsystem shut down

Anyone know how I can fix this?
I am running Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise with CentOS 5

dispatcher

Private

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 14:52 Profile

try another map (no coop) and post complete log

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 25 Sep 2009 07:14 Profile

I managed to get past these errors.. thanks for mentioning to try a PVP map.. I used Border.aao

./server-bin GLOBAL Border.aao -nohomedir ini=server.ini log=server.log

when I try to login to server it tells me that T_AA2_FX is not available for download with DCDS

isn't that a textures file? any idea what is going on there??

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 18:00 Profile Finland

you dont bind it to spesific IP use multihome=ip.ip.ip.ip option to bind it to certain address.. then one small thingie is that AA linux server is somewhat picky for startup map, so you need to check if yur default map "suits" for the server Razz working ones are SFHospital.aao, Csar, Dockside, steamroller at least some for you to pick, pipeline on the other hand causes the server to crash when playeradmin changes map, not always, but it does it every now and then Very Happy

Embedded Image

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 19:19 Profile

I tried Border and Bridge and got the same problem. I tried SFcsar this last time and it seemed to load faster with less junk on startup.....

I also found out that the T_AA2_FX.utx file it was trying to download locally was a different size then what was on the server. It seems the server's copy did not match what we have on one of our windows servers on clanservers.com. I uploaded my local copy and now with any map I start on my local game says it is unable to download T_AA2_Liquids from DCDS.

I was also wondering.. if this is a dedicated static IP do I still need to put multihome=xx.xx.xxx.xxx in the startup command?

Thanks for your help so far!

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 06:57 Profile Finland

well that multihome option is used (by the manual) running more than one instances of server on same iron, BUT it kinda also directs the right info to right server (manual is not all correct under linux section), so we ran our linux dedi box our two aao servers starting em both with the multihome option, even they were listening to different IP:s and NIC:s, so make your own conclusion on that one Very Happy also id like to remind that AAO server needs to have proper previliges when running under linux, cannot remember the accurate values but as far as i remember it needs _at least_ 775 to run okay, because punkbuster makes all the time some sort of alterations to server folder and if it cannot access data as it likes, it WILL crash the server.. (could be 665 or so, just test em with bigger values and reduce the previliges to the point server dont boot anymore Razz ) also it needs bunch of ports opened correctly to the linux/windows firewall and those in the manual dont include all ports it needs, so u need to have them all open to make it run properly.. again it WILL crash and whine if some port is missing from the firewall rules Very Happy sorry i cannot help you out atm with the ports u will need, but asap we get our email system back online, i can provide all the information you need concerning this issue, im setting up our AA2 server on windoze and need also the same port information from my email box, so all i can is sit and wait until our other admin puts mailserver back online Very Happy

suggest u first change the previliges for the server username/AA folder and then double check the ports in rh firewall.. contact me via msn or pm, whatever and ill try to help you out with this one Smile

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 13:07 Profile

firewall rule is set to passive for this application. Any port it needs is wide open. All file and folder permissions are set to 755 which allows the system to make any changes necessary.

The server runs and shows up in MBS and I can connect to it but when I do it says it can't download the map T_AA2_Liquids from DCDS which is a textures file not a map.. I need to find out why it would do that.

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 12:19 Profile Finland

what ports are open? i just want to make sure and compare em to the list i have, like i said AA2 needs MORE ports to be opened than just those on manual..

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 12:59 Profile

UDP - 1716-1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 20025-20047

the firewall is passive and should allow any port even if not set as a rule

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Oct 2009 08:24 Profile Finland

test this as bootup command: ./server-bin global SFhospital.aao -nohomedir multihome=ip.ip.ip.ip ini=server.ini log=server.log if u already havent.. then i get only one solution and that is u dont like it: download fresh copy of server package and reinstall server.. :/ as far as i remember, ports look correct..

here is couple fast links where u can find needed packages:
http://download.polarbears-fin.../linux/ for installation package
http://tactical-shooters.net/h...st38231 for updating it more better way than (you can also get the all files from here)

hope this helps you Smile

Phantizmo

Recruit

Posted: 02 Oct 2009 23:10 Profile

ran that command with same result.. server loads but when you connect to it, it says can't load map T_AA2_Liquids

I went to http://tactical-shooters.net/h...p=38231 as you mentioned below which shows that there are new Textures, StaticMeshes, Breifings and Maps.. all of those links are dead / do not exist

I searched everywhere for them but can't find anything.. any chance you might have an active link to those files?

[-PB-]Punisher

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Oct 2009 01:34 Profile Finland

with ruepels permission those files can be found from our download site Smile

http://download.polarbears-fin.../linux/

=]ES[=Ruepel

Recruit

Posted: 03 Oct 2009 14:05 Profile Germany

hooah... thx punisher, to upload it also, so we have now 2 serverĀ“s with the files

more instructions can also be found here

http://www.elite-shooters.com/..._id=175

AA2.8.5.0 Linux server 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: