» See more topics

Page 1 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

New Deploy & AMW Features Released 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 10:08 Profile United States

We are pleased to announce the release of exciting new features available through the Account Management Website (AMW) and the Deploy Client. These features will allow you instant access to important information and tools to help you and your team plan each mission.

Unprecedented in America's Army, the tools offered on AMW allow you to see maps in a whole new way and gain critical insight that will enhance your team's ability to dominate each challenge increasing your chances for success. Additionally, player personnel jacket information is now conveniently available directly from the Deploy Client which affords you valuable Intel about your opponents.

Here's a summary of some of these great new features:

Embedded Image
Leaderboards

The all new leaderboards display the top players in a wide variety of categories. Learn who the best of the best are with stats such as Highest Match Score, Accuracy, Objectives Completed and a whole lot more.

You can also filter this information to see just the lists you desire or select a specific Soldier. Clicking on a Soldier's name will call up that player's personnel jacket allowing you to assess his or her strengths or weaknesses.

Embedded Image
AMW: Combat Maps

If you've ever looked at an atlas population map, then Combat Maps will be simple to understand. Simply put, Combat Maps display a small colored dot in the exact position where a player has been eliminated. The more densely colored an area of the map, the more players have been eliminated in that area.

Use this information to learn where most of the action occurs on a specific map - - - which routes are most favorable and which tend to offer the most resistance. Identify where the best places are to set up an ambush and when to make sure you move carefully under cover.

Studying these maps will allow you the best chance of successfully completing your mission by helping you to better understand the dynamics of each map. This brings us to the next feature...

Embedded Image
AMW: Battle Planner

Acting much like a whiteboard, the new Battle Planner allows you to draw directly on top down overview images of AA3 maps. Gone is the confusion of trying to tell a teammate to go to a particular corner of a specific building. With Battle Planner, you can draw the route right on the map for your teammate to see and execute.

Simply by clicking points onto the map overview you can draw routes for up to three different fire teams (Alpha, Bravo and Charlie). Each team's route appears in a different color. If you make a mistake, it's simple to undo the last point in your route, or just clear the routes and start over.

But what good is your plan if your teammates cannot see it? Battle Planner handles this too by allowing you to email the plan to your squad. You can choose to type in each player's email address manually or, even easier, select the player names from your MyAA3 buddy list.

Embedded Image
Deploy Client: Personnel Jacket

Every Soldier's statistics are right there at your fingertips. Access by the top most of the three gold buttons on Deploy (the one that looks like a graph) you'll have your own detailed stats, as well as every other America's Army player's stats. At the click of a button, you can review things like:

• Soldier Advancement
  • Training History
  • Mission History
  • Achievements
  • Accuracy & Performance
Just type in your Soldier name, or the name of a player you'd like to learn more about and these comprehensive stats are instantly available to you. never enter battle again without knowing who you're up against!

Embedded Image
Deploy Client: Server Browser

Last but by no means not least is the all new Deploy Server Browser. This powerful tool allows you to see all AA3 servers available to you but it doesn't stop there. You can also filter your last with some handy drop down windows to find a server you like. Filter for things like Map Name, Player Count, Mission Type, and a whole lot more.

Clicking the middle of the three gold buttons (the one that looks like a globe) returns a pop up window with a complete list of all AA3 servers. Click anywhere along the row on a server reveals another pop up with every detail about that server. Its name, mission, game type, number of players, who those players are, and much more.

Clicking on a player's name will call up yet another pop up with all the statistics for that player. You can even click on several players' names to review all their stats at the same time.

Once you decide which server you'd like to join, simply click on the server and then click the Join Server button. As long as you have your game client user name and password saved and set to automatically log in, you'll be in the action in no time.

So fire up the all new Deploy Client and head over to AMW to check out all the terrific new AA3 features that are "Powered by Pragmatic" and get the edge you'll need to ramp up your squad's effectiveness to the next level!

Silent^Reaper

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:18 Profile United States

Pretty cool updates

I like the: AMW: Combat Maps

And the Server browser

Embedded Image
IRC || Forum TOS || Forum Help || EULA

Neuenhoff

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:23 Profile United States

Cool, keep up the good work!

The new features for the battle planner will be useful.

Wonder if this was why auth and MBS where off and on the last few days...

Neuenhoff

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:36 Profile United States

dotexe wrote:

[MOD Edit: TOS Violation]

Different DEVs can be working on different things. There might be developers who only work on deploy client. Why should they just be sitting around doing nothing?

Lady Amethyst

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:36 Profile United States

Silent^Reaper wrote:

Pretty cool updates

I like the: AMW: Combat Maps

And the Server browser

Yeah, I love the new Combat Maps feature.

To quote my fellow AACM:

Trouble is a heat map for my games will just show a lot of dead Pats about 5 yards out of spawn Smile

Embedded Image
Embedded Image

Silent^Reaper

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:48 Profile United States

Lady Amethyst wrote:

Yeah, I love the new Combat Maps feature.

To quote my fellow AACM:

Trouble is a heat map for my games will just show a lot of dead Pats about 5 yards out of spawn Smile

I like that last part haha

Doba(CDN)

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:53 Profile Canada

hmm its neat.. interesting but I rather have the Lag fixed.. non the less good stuff.. however its been inaccurate for some time now, before this official release... oh oh who sees me ranked #16 in EMN Neut.. lol

=Doba= 3840kills 930deaths = 4.129 Noice Very Happy but I dont think its accurate.. either this or in game stats.

PinkPanther

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 13:57 Profile United States

This is not going to be very helpful for those on Steam that couldn't get Deploy to work because fo the missing manifest error code and/or missing C++ files and/or it's other various issues.

I also think the battle planner would be far more useful in the game itself rather than in Deploy and having to email the team even, geez.

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:04 Profile United States

Folks, we have several different teams working on different aspects of America's Army simultaneously. This work by Pragmatic in no way took away any effort from the actual game. Personally, I think the new features are pretty cool.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:12 Profile United States

dotexe wrote:

[MOD Edit: TOS Violation]

Drop and beat your face...........................

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

longjon76

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:16 Profile United States

That is all really cool... now I can see all of the places where I get owned by basically everyone.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:20 Profile United States

This Combat Sim is getting better and better.

-=Maj.Woody=-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:40 Profile United States

longjon76 wrote:

That is all really cool... now I can see all of the places where I get owned by basically everyone.

Me too LOL but great work guy keep it up!!! Don't listen to these whiners as you can see they are still here when they said they quit LOL.

Great work, I likes!!!

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 14:57 Profile Lebanon

Awesome work guys Very Happy But the bad thing is, I use Steam Sad Well, I'll just have to open AMW through the in-game browser every once in a while Smile

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 15:22 Profile

delete me

Last edited by Don Quixote on 06 May 2010 15:18; edited 1 time in total

New Deploy & AMW Features Released 

Page 1 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: