AA Challenge Winner
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

[WIP] Urban Assault SE 

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 04 Aug 2009 16:39 Profile United States

This is my first toying with the editor, so be gentle guise Cool

I've always wanted to "remix" Urban Assault a bit, being as its my favorite map... and what better way to learn the editor while I'm at it?

Since I got a ton of animated stuffs I don't really take screenshots of the map, (for better or worse) I just upload YouTube videos. Here's the latest one from a few days ago...

Embedded Image
(at this point I had the editor for 5 days or so)

If there's a limit as to how many movers you can have in a map, I'm probably going to find it. I'm in the process of animating all the clotheslines so they move with the wind, I started @ North/Delta and I'm working from there.

I'm debating whether or not to make the obj's spawn in different locations and require an informant to get them (a la SF Courtyard) but I'm probably just getting ahead of myself. Babysteps!

Loadout is changed to Weapons Cache-style M4's with the reflex sight, and all riflemen have an M9. The snipers on the map may also carry SPR's instead of M24's, since they operate more of a squad designated marksman than a sniper. I also want to assign everyone sunglasses because it is bright out. Every detail counts.™

Oh and this is planned for a 2.5.0 release.

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 22:57 Profile United States

A ton of updates later, running entirely on 2.5.0...

Embedded Image

• Yes, you can really flip tables over (don't count on a thin wooden table completely stopping bullets tho Razz)
  • FPS is same or better than regular Urban Assault, due to the fog and lighting optimizations
  • Everything's working great, even on low end (meaning early 2000-era PPC Mac's) machines
  • Yes, its for 2.5.0... but it should be pretty easy to convert to 2.8.x if someone wants to spend the time applying textures and stuff to the brushwork.

[WIP] Urban Assault SE 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: