AA3 On Facebook!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Game can't connect to the internet!!!!! 

neinmeansno

Recruit

Posted: 06 Jan 2010 00:34 Profile

OK... this is ridiculous. America's Army was my favorite game.. then my old dell broke. Got a mac thinking wow my frame rate will be great now and no lag because I got this great 2k dollar computer... but oh wait I can't play this game on mac. Then I saw you could still play 2.5, OK better than nothing. Wrong. I can't play 2.5 because there is not one clear description on how to actually install the game. Patches here, patches there, 25assist whatnot which you can't get to anymore anyways, and all this bologna about opening ports. I hate to sound like a complainer, but there needs to be someone out there that can give a "do this, then that" walk through to someone who does not know about firewalls or ports. An appeal to the AACMs: Can you please post something such as this or find someone who can? Because I think the creators (us army) of this game want us to play it as much as we do... (ijustwannaplay Crying or Very Sad)

with great appreciation,
nein

p.s.
just to be clear, I am having the same problem originally presented by cj_the_dude.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 07 Jan 2010 22:55 Profile United States

2.5 is no longer supported.
Just through the third party groups like 25assist.com

Defkon

Recruit

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 23:48 Profile

Bogus! I have the same exact problem, and I tried to use one of the servers on their list, but it still didn't work. I also checked my Mac's firewall settings and they are set to accept any incoming connections. Save me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope! Haha. No but seriously, this is bogus.

Silver-Flux

Recruit

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 15:04 Profile

UG I have the same problem to exept I'm not new to this game, been playin it for like months and it doesn't let me play as of about 3-4 months ago! Also I can't use assist, it went offline, I've tried those sites to auto track stuff and it just doesn't work!!! It sat there taking like 20 minutes to update PB when I tried to join a server. I don't understand, (I'm running on a 2008 Macbook) I love AA but this is just killing me!!! Please HELP!!!!!!

KNlFESHARK

Recruit

Posted: 08 May 2010 14:29 Profile

acco457 wrote:

same thing how can i fix it?

I think it is as easy as registering for americas army, not americas army 3, thats what id did and it loaded straight away... hope this helps Very Happy

KNlFESHARK

Recruit

Posted: 08 May 2010 14:33 Profile

neinmeansno wrote:

OK... this is ridiculous. America's Army was my favorite game.. then my old dell broke. Got a mac thinking wow my frame rate will be great now and no lag because I got this great 2k dollar computer... but oh wait I can't play this game on mac. Then I saw you could still play 2.5, OK better than nothing. Wrong. I can't play 2.5 because there is not one clear description on how to actually install the game. Patches here, patches there, 25assist whatnot which you can't get to anymore anyways, and all this bologna about opening ports. I hate to sound like a complainer, but there needs to be someone out there that can give a "do this, then that" walk through to someone who does not know about firewalls or ports. An appeal to the AACMs: Can you please post something such as this or find someone who can? Because I think the creators (us army) of this game want us to play it as much as we do... (ijustwannaplay Crying or Very Sad)

with great appreciation,
nein

p.s.
just to be clear, I am having the same problem originally presented by cj_the_dude.

It's as easy as downloading aa, install, then add patch, and then register for aa, NOT AA3, thats the mistake i made....
Hope this helps

FW5Efars4CQHU

Recruit

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 05:48 Profile

This is really starting to get annoying i try and save the marksman ship and i can't ive tried all thouse things and not working ive changed all of the the type of connections ive changed the firewall and nothing still plz get back to me i really need it im getting so bored im using a mac BTW Yours senselessly FW5Efars4CQHU

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:51 Profile

I'm working on bringing back 2.5 Assist in the next couple of weeks because so many people still want to play this version and are having problems. Hopefully using this will then solve your problems.

.50cal_Plague

Recruit

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 20:43 Profile

ha i had the same problem and i looked at this thread and it made me look into my emails to see wat i signed up for and found out i accidentally signed up for AA3 instead of AA and i re-signed up but for AA this time it fixed it

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 17:50 Profile

Good to hear. But here again, reading the stickies the first time usually solves all of these problems and saves your time.
Cool

jimfaster

Recruit

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 00:30 Profile

Still i m waiting for best answer.

Last edited by jimfaster on 20 Feb 2011 22:01; edited 1 time in total
nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 19:28 Profile

If you need to play missions or want to bring up your AA2 personal jacket to the game sign up on this link here
http://login.aa2.americasarmy.com/.
Signing up the new website will not work because it is registration for AA3 not AA2.
Once you have signed up you need to activate your account and CHANGE your password under account settings on the website. This is the way to play the trainning, missions, and games online.
However, 2.5 is still unsupported so you will still need to type in the i.p address from either http://www.draat.net/servers or http://battletracker.com/index...verlist. Then, type "~" to enter the game console and type "open xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (this is the I.P. (address you just found in the server list)".
Also make sure you have PB updated. If you cannot automaticly update PB for AA2.5 download the manual updated version here: http://www.evenbalance.com/ind...tup.php.
Finally, to download the full game go to http://www.macgamefiles.com/de...m=17749
Any questions contact nicecrew.
Make sure you have downloaded the game to applications too!
Hope this Helps!
nicecrew

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 08:18 Profile

If you need to play missions or want to bring up your AA2 personal jacket to the game sign up on this link here
http://login.aa2.americasarmy.com/.
Signing up the new website will not work because it is registration for AA3 not AA2.
Once you have signed up you need to activate your account and CHANGE your password under account settings on the website. This is the way to play the trainning, missions, and games online.
Had this problem for ages too!
nicecrew Smile

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 03:15 Profile

Yeah, Or you could just let 25Assist do ALL the work for you... Game will work first time... http://AA25.org

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 19:08 Profile

Yea, that too Smile
He said Assist was not workin for him so i just decided to throw something else out there. Its all cool though.
nicecrew

Game can't connect to the internet!!!!! 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: