AA Challenge Winner
Deploy/AMW Features
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Fluidly-moving Movers 

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Jul 2009 11:38 Profile United States

I'm trying my hand at a map, and while everything is coming along nicely I had a question regarding movers. Among other things that I'd like to have move on a constant loop, I have a UAV that circles the map by going to different keyframes around the border of the map. That part works great.

But the problem is, when it gets to a keyframe, it pauses for a sec, then continues moving to the next keyframe. I'd like to have it reach a keyframe and keep moving instead of the 1s pause it is doing now. I've tried looking at other movers like the fan in the vent of Pipeline but it didn't really help out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Contrails

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Aug 2009 10:40 Profile United States

Try having the mover set to 'move by time' rather than 'glide by time'. (Or vice versa... can't remember which)

Another thing to watch out for is the distance between your keyframes. Remember that the time the mover moves between each keyframe is constant so if you have excessive differences in the distance between keyframes, then you'll end up with a mover speeding up and slowing down to catch up.

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Aug 2009 12:02 Profile United States

Thanks Very Happy

Fluidly-moving Movers 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: