Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posted: 12 Jul 2009 10:56
Windows 7 Release Candidate 32-bit / Punkbuster Kick
This procedure “may” help if you are getting kicked by PunkBuster:
Note: Make sure PunkBuster is up to date.
1. Launch AA3, Select a Soldier, then 'Exit Game'. This is to activate the PunkBuster B Service.
2. Open 'Control Panel'. Goto 'Appearance and Personalization'. Goto 'Folder Options'. Select 'View' Tab. Under 'Hidden files and folders', choose 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'. Click 'OK'.
3. From 'Control Panel', goto 'System and Security'. Goto 'Administrative Tools'. Goto 'Services'.
4. DblClck on 'PnkBstrA' (or RightClck and select 'Properties'). Select 'Log On' Tab. Check 'Allow service to interact with desktop'. Click 'OK'. Repeat this step for 'PnkBstrB' then, Close 'Services'.
5. In '[RootDrive]:\Users\[CurrentUser]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\AAV3\pb', RightClck on 'PnkBstrB.exe' and select 'Properties'. Select 'Compatibility' Tab. Check 'Run this program as an administrator'. Click 'OK'.
6. Using 'Notepad', create a batch file that contains the following code:
regedit /s pba.reg
regedit /s pbb.reg
7. Name the batch file 'aa3pb.bat' and place it in the directory: '[RootDrive]:\Users\[CurrentUser]'
8. Open a 'Command Prompt' with this method: Click on 'Start', 'All Programs', 'Accessories', 'Run'. Then type 'cmd' in the' Open' field. Click 'OK'. The 'Command Prompt' should open in the directory as in step 7. If not, goto that directory using the 'cd' commands. (Google 'cd commands' for help).
9. Type 'aa3pb' then hit 'Enter'. Leave the 'Command Prompt' window open.
10. Launch AA3 and enjoy.
When you are done with AA3, go to the 'Command Prompt' window and hit 'Ctrl-C', then 'y', then 'Enter' to stop the batch file. (Note: The text may step on itself, but that is OK). You can now close the 'Command Prompt' window.
You can repeat step 2 and choose 'Don't show hidden files, folders, and drives' any time after step 5.
Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10 each time you want to launch AA3.
*Extra-Credit: Check Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Security for Audit Failure of PnkBstrK.sys file. This procedure should help reduce Audit Failures so you won't get kicked.