Remember when...
AA3 YouTube Videos
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

[RC] AA Star Warz 

-=NAM=-Monsoon

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Jul 2009 01:56 Profile

Sup all! Another new map from -=NAM=- is ready to go. In this spoof scenario, you have been sent into space to infiltrate an enemy space station. There are reports that the station is heavily defended by enemy star fighters, and there are also rumors of a high ranking enemy commander visiting the station.
This map is a bit different as it is unfortunately a single player only. Some of the best tools just don't seem to work correctly on a real server, but it does give you an idea of what may be possible if we can figure it out later. You will not be able to pick a weapon slot, and if you die or complete the map you will have to reload it. The bonus is all you have to do is drop the map in your map folder, open AA, and type "open AAStarWarz" . If you complete the map we have ensured you will know you have won. Sorry all, no carryable laser guns possible, but your ship does have a big laser cannon!
Possibly we may be able to get a multiplayer co-op version working in the future, keep an eye on our map site at www.monsoon-maps.info for recent updates and downloads, or to make requests. The AA Star Warz download link is www.monsoon-maps.info/mapdownl...arz.aao Have fun!

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 01 Jul 2009 10:38 Profile United States

lolz ... nice

Contrails

Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2009 21:41 Profile United States

Interesting to say the least.... got stuck on a couple parts Smile

What's the problem with multiplayer?

-=NAM=-Monsoon

Private First Class

Posted: 05 Jul 2009 05:42 Profile

I used the matinee editor, i think that's what did it.. it lets you move objects in curves instead of just straight lines. Not sure if it's just not working or if it's been disabled, but it sure makes it easy to make planes and such fly around.. i'll have to take an existing multiplayer map and add a matinee, then test it to see. If it works still, then we goofed on star warz somewhere, and it's back to the ol' drawing board Cheesy Grin

D2-Punish3r

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 06 Jul 2009 16:27 Profile United States

Any screenshots? I looked on the site didn't see any.

Embedded Image
Mplayer Online | Mplayer League | Mplayer Media | Forums
MPlayer Online Teamspeak: ts.aaintel.net:8888
"Cry havoc! and let loose the dogs of war"

Contrails

Sergeant

Posted: 06 Jul 2009 17:15 Profile United States

Yeah I remember there were some problems with matinee on servers (although I remember blackhawks without rotors - shouldn't affect spaceships like yours)... although I myself never dabbled in it.

What's wrong with movers? Just a few more keyframes around the bends and you have curves.

-=NAM=-Monsoon

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 00:22 Profile

Could probably do it, would take some time, but it would never loook as fluid as the matinee editor, and the ships probably won't want to face the right direction.. but i'll work on it Cool unfortunately, it looks like the matinee has been disabled for mulitplayer.
Screenshots will be up soon on our site.

UrbanSnipor

Recruit

Posted: 02 Sep 2009 20:05 Profile

Haha! Thoguht it was funny. Kinda good actually, and it was neat that if you shot a window you could fly out of space

IronWarrior

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 04 Sep 2009 12:39 Profile United Kingdom

Would really like to see some screenshots. Razz

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 04 Sep 2009 13:07 Profile United States

Should be able to use movers. Just remember to change the MoveByTime or GlideByTime (whatever it is by default) to the other option, so it doesn't pause when it reaches a keyframe. The other option keeps it moving. I also did a bunch of measuring (Shift + drag mouse) to keep the keyframes around the same distance from eachother, else it will slow down and speed up depending on how much ground it has to cover in x amount of time.

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 04 Sep 2009 13:33 Profile United States

IronWarrior wrote:

Would really like to see some screenshots. Razz

some screen shots would be nice.
but you want to try this out iron... it a very nice map, clean and well made. and with a couple twists i didnt think was possible.

i cant wait for this users next map.

matter of fact if the op wants me to. i would like to mirror this map on my personal site.
if they could pm me that would be great.

[RC] AA Star Warz 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: