Page Jump        Next Page »  

How to Update or Reinstall PunkBuster in v3.0+ 

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 11 Jul 2009 11:14 Profile United States

Premeditated wrote:

Ok,

So a stupid question but I feel I need to ask it....

How do I know if PB is enabled? Is it when the PB box is White or Black? It's not like it states "on" or "off".

Thanks

White

Nova_Prospekt

Recruit

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 11:18 Profile

I'm using windows vista 64bit, and I get booted from every game before it even starts, even after doing all this PB crap. Anything else I can do? Or am I just beat on play AA3...

-=Maj.Woody=-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 11:28 Profile United States

FOR ALL THAT HAS UPDATED PB AND STILL GET KICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also try manually enabling PB by opening you console(F12) and typing

PB_CL_Enable (case sensitive)

[russ]_Lamb^of^God

Recruit

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 11:33 Profile Canada

Hey fellas anyone know how I can reinstall the svcs file into the binaries folder I accidentally deleted it and can't seem to get it back?
Right now I'm getting kicked from PB servers after about a minute,or sometimes can't join.
Thank you for any help.

AKMadNav

Private

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 12:19 Profile United States

King Fisher,

Could you delve in just a bit about the 'Bin\pbsvc.exe' program too?

Edit-Inserted Found some additional info here:
{FMZ}T-Dawg wrote:

Finally, Go back to your PB Folder and run PBSVC.exe and Instal/Reinstal PB (Default Option)
If all the tests from PBSVC come back fine you should be all set to play on PB enabled servers in AA3

Of course, I have manually been maintaing PB for both AA3 & Dedicated Server using the DL from Evenbalance.com too but I just recently found this and couldn't help but run it .. if nothing else, it was nice to see it's test feedback.

On a seperate note about PB services, I'm dissapointed with the fact that pbA/B are set at 'Automatic' making them startup at system start as opposed to 'Manual' which does work on demand very well.

I personally change the service start-type to 'Manual' for them but keep in mind, after each update from PB you'll have to set this again.

Cheer!
DaveZnotHere!

MKC

Recruit

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:35 Profile

Come on...somebody please post how(from beginning) to install PB and be able to play on pb servers(for steam or non-steam users).
it says to me right now, when I join server..."PB is up to date and bla bla bla" and than it kicks me out and says, you were kicked by PB etc.
Do i need a "magic stick" or what Very Happy

Lp

Premeditated

Private

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:42 Profile United Kingdom

Hey,

Hope this is the appropriate place.

Since the latest update PB kicks me from game after a while asking me to either check "Server Browser PB is enabled or verify PB".

Any ideas or simmilar issues?

Thanks

As was AA1 and AA2. Nothing new to this. All the versions were a constant work in progress and will always be that way since new content is being added, new engines being used.

^ What a joke......

Wolf Hawker

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 19:40 Profile

Premeditated wrote:

Hey,

Hope this is the appropriate place.

Since the latest update PB kicks me from game after a while asking me to either check "Server Browser PB is enabled or verify PB".

Any ideas or simmilar issues?

Thanks

I ran into this issue after updating today....although I would get in game, it tell me that PB was ok, spawn and get kicked.

I solved it, by removing AA3, and reinstalling it, then downloading PBsetup from punkbuster, replacing the one installed and following the steps in the original post.

Hope this helps.

Jamson

Recruit

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 00:56 Profile

I follow the instructions on page one but, when i go to agree terms it ask for an update search. So i let it search but each time it times out and i can't do anything after step one.

Jamson

Recruit

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 00:56 Profile

I follow the instructions on page one but, when i go to agree terms it ask for an update search. So i let it search but each time it times out and i can't do anything after step one.

.maD-TheDevil.

Recruit

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 18:13 Profile

-=[RBF]=-SnipeKill wrote:

Ok I am running the game on Windows 7 64 bit and this is what i did cause i had the same problems few weeks ago.

I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries
and looked for pb folder and pbsetup and i deleted the pb folder and the pbsetup as it shows on the image below

Embedded Image

then i run the pb setup click add game and browse the path
Code:

C:\Program Files (x86)\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries

and it creates a new pb folder with all the actual updates
I hope this helps some of you ,
Its the same for windows xp

Code:

x86 (32bit) Windows
C:\Program Files\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries

Code:

64bit Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries

on steam

Code:

x86 (32bit) Windows
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\Binaries

Code:

64bit Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\Binaries

if you see its the same as King Fisher posted at the first page of this topic. If you follw this steps as its posted you should get pb working correctly also on windows 7 like xp

Thank you.. Now it works

SnakeDoctor-LSG

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 00:47 Profile United States

for most of you that the above stuff does not work do the following because none of that worked..

c/windows/system32/logfiles/punkbuster. all of those are folders. when you get into punkbuster folder you should se PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB. click on them and see if you see an error then maybe start a maint ticket on evenbalance(which never works either.) I found my problem was this. PnkBstrA was fine and shows logs of it working. PnkBstrB shows starting up and starting up and so on. in the ( ) that shows the game that is running shows !!!??? BF2042... LOL i have never had that game or any BF series on this computer. now NO i didnt accidently install the wrong one because PnkBstrA. There was a mess up on one of these quick fixes ppl kept telling me to do in these forums. So even if you uninstalled and reinstalled check and see because I deleated evey PB or PNK file and still did this.

L!ga

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 13:06 Profile

I see alot of people, including me, getting kicked by this error. Any fix?
Embedded Image

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 21:57 Profile

Delete your pb folder.
Run a register cleaner.
Run pbsetup

Try it again.

The registry key gets corrupted and and deleting pb won't remove the key and new install doesn't write over it.

Registry cleaner removes or you can try repairing registry, but I think removing and new install of key is better.

Good Luck...

.maD-TheDevil.

Recruit

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 12:42 Profile

Every time I join a server I get removed by PB. It was working fine since the beginning but stopped working yesterday and I don't know why. I did what -=[RBF]=-SnipeKill said to do but this time it didn't work.. Any help plz ?

How to Update or Reinstall PunkBuster in v3.0+ 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: