» See more topics

Page 1 of 28     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Training Missions & Multiplayer 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:27 Profile United States

Part of the difficulties we've all been seeing stems from the large number of training missions being run with everyone trying to save their results. This is putting a sizable strain on the Authentication servers. We have a plan to temporarily improve this situation.

Within the next couple of hours we'll be updating everyone's statistics to indicate all training levels have been passed. This will allow you to enter a server and enjoy the full range of Soldier weaponry and abilities.

However, for this to have the greatest effect, we need your help...

Please do not engage in any training missions. Doing so will defeat the purpose of what we are trying to accomplish in the short term, which is to get everyone playing. If this initiative is successful, you'll be able to enjoy multiplayer gaming while we can work at long term solutions.

Once again, please, DO NOT engage in any training missions, but feel free to join a multiplayer server.

Also, please note that if you are kicked from a server, it’s probably due to the server being full. With so many players trying to join at the same time, the number of players in a server may not be accurate. Just try joining another server.

betaaao

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:38 Profile Austria

yes yes yes, they speak!!! Very Happy good stuff, there is a plan. i wont take any train i just want to see the AUTH back on and join a server *grins*

rip25436

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:48 Profile

oh thanks!!!~~~

Panzer830x

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:48 Profile

Please make another thread adressing the freezing at login screen with the Steam versions

tanpanther

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:50 Profile

Does it include advancement training? I've just noticed all AT has been unlock while I haven't got any AP left after unlocking SDM serveral days ago.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:51 Profile

what about the aa3 locking up due to the hot fix, i cant even join a server cause aa3 stops responding, it wasnt doing that till the hotfix was released, and i cant even join a server that its 0 cap

Necrobob

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:53 Profile

m2 i still cant join a server to then be kicked from b/c its full. i still get. .exe not responding.

DJ24966

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:54 Profile

If you unplug your internet and try and join a map, you'll notice it does not freeze. The issue is still related to the servers being over run. That is the only reason you are freezing. It's not something with the steam version.

[SOFW]LTC._Tiger

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:55 Profile United States

What does this mean long-term? Are we going to lose all of the training that we have already completed when they reset things, or do we get to keep the shiny new unlocks as a result of our patience?

Grawgg

Private

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 20:59 Profile

Will this me logging in better? I have yet been able to log in on the authentication servers. I reserved my user name and got a password a few months back. I even pre-loaded the game from steam. Steam even updated with the patch that came out but I still can't log in,

I can still log in to AA2 and play on the servers there so I know it's not my net connection.
Somebody was asleep at the wheel on this one.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:00 Profile

[SOFW]LTC._Tiger wrote:

What does this mean long-term? Are we going to lose all of the training that we have already completed when they reset things, or do we get to keep the shiny new unlocks as a result of our patience?

Within the next couple of hours we'll be updating everyone's statistics to indicate all training levels have been passed. This will allow you to enter a server and enjoy the full range of Soldier weaponry and abilities

read the fine print everyone gets its that has ciompleted it so it can update

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:01 Profile Argentina

Great idea AGP !! I did my training this morning and unlocked all badges at the same time, guess I was lucky then Cheesy Grin

I hope this really works, but with the intelligence some of the new members of this community are showing to NOT have, I don't know Razz

[SOFW]LTC._Tiger

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:05 Profile United States

Kratos and Kanshi.Arg,

As I read the above post, the following jumped at me: "Doing so will defeat the purpose of what we are trying to accomplish in the short term, which is to get everyone playing. If this initiative is successful, you'll be able to enjoy multiplayer gaming while we can long [sic] at long term solutions."

There is no fine print here. In the short term, this will get everyone playing. Fine by me! No complaints. But there is no indication of what this means for the long term as of yet, hence my question. Also, just because my forum account is new, that does not mean that I haven't been playing AA all that long. I remember upgrading to v1.7.

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:13 Profile Argentina

Dear Tiger, please notice that I have stated that SOME of the new members are showing intelligence levels well below the average, not all.

The people who this is directed towards will know....or maybe not Razz

engel556

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:14 Profile

well unfortunately i didn't read this until after i went and checked out the AIT training that was unlocked. thought they changed it so we didn't need training points or something Cool but i suppose it has come back to bite me in the you know what, now i can't log into my account after SDM training locking up on me

Training Missions & Multiplayer 

Page 1 of 28     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: