HOT TOPICS  

AA3 Known Issues
AA3.0.6 Update
AA3 On Facebook!
Name that AA map!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

FAQ for Support Issues with AA3 (Referred from IRC) 

Webs961

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 13:56 Profile

Greetings. Odds are you have been referred here by someone assisting the IRC staff because you have a commonly asked question.

I know a number of users are having issues with America's Army 3.0, even after the hotfix was posted. Below you will find resolutions to the problems users are experiencing most often. If your problem does not appear in this list, please check back here later to see if your issue has been added, as this post and thread will be continuously updated with new information.

Please be advised, as of the writing of this post, there is currently no estimated time until the authentication server will be fixed. Please be patient.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

General Questions:

What are the system requirements for America's Army 3?

To ensure you have the best gameplay experience, make sure your computer's hardware is supported by checking the minimum system requirements here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/

Why is my question on IRC being ignored?

Odds are, we are not intentionally ignoring you. There are often times more than 200 people in #aa-support, and there is no possible way the four [HELP] volunteers are able to answer every possible question. Just wait a little while, and if we still don't answer your question, PM one of the voiced help volunteers by double clicking one of their names (These volunteers have a + in front of their names). Please do not contact the IRC staff (%, @, &, or ~ in front of their names) as they most likely will not be able to assist you with game issues right now due to their attention being focused on other issues.

Is the current version of the game 3.0.0 or 3.0.1?

We're not quite sure. All the volunteers on IRC have the hotfix installed and are showing only version 3.0.0. Some users, however, are showing 3.0.1. As of right now, we do not have an official answer, so stay tuned.

Why can't I join a game from the server browser?

Unfortunately, it would seem that connecting to servers via the browser has a few issues. To connect to a server, open the console and type "open SERVERIPADDRESSHERE". This should manually connect you to a server.

Why can't I see any servers in the server browser? It always says there are zero servers.

Most likely, you have a firewall which is blocking communication with the Master Server Browser. Please be sure you have the following ports properly forwarded through your firewall(s):
Code:

Deploy Client   TCP/IP   Outgoing   80, 8080, 7305
Authentication   TCP/IP   Outgoing   8338
Attribute Tracking System   TCP/IP   Outgoing   3030
Statistics Tracking System   TCP/IP   Outgoing   5050, 5051
MBS   TCP/IP   Outgoing   3040
MBS-Browser   UDP   Incoming   39300 through 39320
Game Server   TCP/IP   Outgoing   8777

How do I perform a DXDiag?

Watch the following Youtube video which details how to perform a DXDiag and post the resulting information on the forums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...BsxuYdw

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Authentication Server Issues:

General preface: The authentication server is responsible for the majority of issues found in America's Army 3.0. Therefore, many issues in this category will not resolve themselves until maintenance on the authorization server is completed. As of the time of first writing, the issues regarding the auth server have yet to be resolved by Pragmatic.

Why can't I log into the game?

Since the authorization server is experiencing extremely high load, some users may not be able to connect. While some can, they have essentially gotten one of the limited connection slots on the server. It may work for you later on, so if you must play, try again later. Ensure that you have the hotfix installed before attempting to connect.

Why is my training not saving?

The authentication server is overloaded right now and unable to process every request immediately as it comes in. Wait a few hours and your training should appear.

My training says I'm a No-Go, even when I got a really high score.

This is also due to an authorization issue. See the above for a resolution. If the training does not save after a few hours, you may need to create another soldier.

Account Issues:

Why have I not received my activation e-mail for my new account?

This is also related to the authorization server being overwhelmed. Users are not being sent e-mails for new accounts right now due to the issues with the authorization server. Please continue to wait.

How do I link my AA2.x account to my AA3 account?

As of right now, the authorization servers are preventing account links from working properly. Please wait until the authorization server is fully operational to attempt to link your account.

What advantages are there to linking my AA2.x account to my AA3 account?

If you have an AA2.x account with greater than 20 honor, you will be awarded the Veteran Service Ribbon in AA3.0. It will not transfer any Honor or Training as the structure of both is radically different.

Game Crashing and Freezing Issues:

How do I fix my game locking up during training?

However, at this time no soldiers should be performing training as this causes an unnecessary strain on the authentication server. This is a request from the development team.

Unfortunately, this, too, is an authentication server error. If you wait for a few minutes the game should unfreeze and allow you to progress. If not, please report it in the freeze thread: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=298865

However, at this time no soldiers should be performing training as this causes an unnecessary strain on the authentication server. This is a request from the development team.

My game crashes when I try to launch it from Steam.

Odds are good you have a corrupted file somewhere in your install. To check for this, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Steam and navigate to the My Games tab.
    2. Right click on America's Army 3 and select Properties.
    3. Navigate to the Local Files tab and then select "Verify integrity of game cache." This should force the game to check all your files against the Steam master server and also force a check for updates.

If this does not fix your issue, please request additional support.

Graphics Errors:

My HUD isn't showing up; how do I get it back?

Odds are you have forced antialiasing enabled in your graphics card settings. To get your HUD back, please disable that option. If you do not know how to do this, please contact a member of the help team on IRC.

I'm having weird colors and shapes show up on in-game textures. How do I fix this?

Usually this means your graphics card is not supported by AA3. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements, located here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/

The IRC volunteers greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience. If you feel that this should be updated, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you require further assistance, please seek out one of the help volunteers in #aa-support.

Last edited by Webs961 on 27 Jun 2009 22:36; edited 3 times in total
UrbanBound

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 14:01 Profile

Very nice. Good job! Very Happy

Sameer "UrbanBound" Ahmed
America's Army IRC Network > Official America's Army IRC Staff
Embedded Image

SAW_Maniac

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 06:43 Profile Australia

Gee for a second post,
that's great!

I have never made a post like that.

HOOAH!

This should be a sticky

SuperPete

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 09:44 Profile

That post answered a lot of questions. I'm still on 2.8.5 and I think I'll stay there for a little while until AA3 dust settles. I still can't logon to my old 2.8.5 account...does that mean it has gone away for good? I didn't link to an AA3 account yet.

lightshield5375

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 21:50 Profile

HOWTO setup a aa3-server as global?

my command line(failed)
aa3game.exe server Ranch_day_fog?AuthServerIP=auth.aa3.americasarmy.com?AuthServerPort=8777?AuthServerUserName=XXX?AuthServerPassword=XXX?MissionType=ao?MaxPlayers=26?MaxSpectators=2?TimeLimit=7?MULTIHOME=x.x.x.x?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?GLOBAL

[EW]Sgt.David

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 22:50 Profile United States

With the Authentication server being overloaded the following can be effected: Multiplayer May not work (Sometimes it does), and Training Recording (WILL say no go when you do pass it), The Authentication Server being overwhelmed also may cause Black screen and or freezing of the computer/game, failure to link AA2 account to AA3, failure to create account, Failure to change your password/email, Failure to change your name, Longer Loading Screens, and so MUCH more! NOTE: This takes effect ON or Offline - There is also NO ETA on a fix

Some people have been complaining that when they press space bar that you can't heal your fallen team mate, here is what to do:

You have to turn anti-aliasing OFF on your computer, this is so you can see your HUD, you then would press and HOLD space bar on your fallen comrad, you would then move your mouse in the direction of the arrow, once you have the correct one selected click your mouse button. You can turn anti-aliasing off by doing the following:

VISTA:
NVIDIA Graphics Cards (By Steps):

1 - Start
    2 - Control Panel
    3 - Additional Options
    4 - NVIDIA Control Panel
    5 - Manage 3D Settings
    6 - Set Antialiasing - Setting to 'Application Controlled'
    7 - Adjust image settings with preview
    8 - Use the Advanced 3D image settings
    9 - Start the game and go play, you should now see your HUD!
Two fixes in one!

I assume XP is almost the same

Other cards I'm not sure of.

Login Issues:

AA3 WEB has encountered an application error.

Error Message:
Incorrect Login

Additional Information:
Date/Time: 22:50:41 America/New_York
IP Address: *************
Request URL: /index.php

The error has been logged. Please hit the BACK button on your browser to return to the previous page.

Cause:

The cause of this issue is most likely due to the Authentication server being wrong, it is also a result when you put in your account information wrong, IE - Password/Username. Please double check that you have the correct information.

Have the correct password emailed to you when you linked your AA2 account with your AA3 Account?

Please stay calm! That is also most likely due to the Authentication server being overloaded at this time, please try again later when it is back up and running smoothly, currently no ETA on when it will be fixed

Please do NOT engage in ANY training missions, you will be given completed training this way you can engage in Multiplayer using any class that you please! We ask you to do this so the stress on the Authentication (auth) server is lowered.

SuperPete

Recruit

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 06:04 Profile

I was able to sign on to my AA2 account finally, albeit 6:45am. Maybe that means things are starting to get fixed. Thanks for the good posts above. Very Happy I'm still going to wait a few weeks before trying to download AA3, but I will say the new Deploy Client worked great on downloading 2.8.5 last week. The prior Deploy Client was horrible. With 2.8.5 I now see a ton more servers with diff maps an lot more people playing. I assume it is because I now have 2.8.5 and not that I just cleared 20 Honor.

Diggz795

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 20:17 Profile

I have not a found a solution to this in the sticky's. Whenever i click multiplayer tab it says that there was a problem detected retrieving servers list

dynamic.zman

Recruit

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 13:14 Profile

I have yet to join a multiplayer server and play a SINGLE ROUND OF AA3. I CAN LOG IN PERFECTLY, but I cannot join a server, I've tried every single one on the list. Same thing, back to the main menu with no message at all. You know, a failed to connect or server full message would be hugely beneficial, because as of now I do not know why or what is wasting my time.

I have had zero support on this, no one has any answers on the forums or IRC.

All the attention is on the freezing or crashing, guess what I don't freeze or crash!

Sorry for the tone, just a tad bit frustrated.

This has happened all the way back in the open beta. I tried using Steam and Deploy, same thing. I've opened all the ports required. My connection is fine, [TOS Violation] is going on lol....

[NlCK]

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 00:27 Profile Australia

How can I stop the game from crashing at the login page? There's a good question to add Smile

Smodo

Recruit

Posted: 05 Jul 2009 00:38 Profile

This is one helpful post, definitely helped me in one or two areas.

Spl1nt

Sergeant Major

Posted: 07 Jul 2009 05:43 Profile United Kingdom

Only 1 or 2 maps work.

FIX: Download and install the latest video card drivers and turn Anti Aliasing mode on application controlled
or off.

---------------------------------

Soldier spinning in circles -
Unplug your joystick/gamepad as their drivers are not supported by AA3 at the moment and therefore it is clashing.

keepitsimpleengr

Recruit

Posted: 07 Jul 2009 10:01 Profile

Webs961 wrote:

Greetings. Odds are you have been referred here by someone assisting the IRC staff because you have a commonly asked question.
………
My game crashes when I try to launch it from Steam.

Odds are good you have a corrupted file somewhere in your install. To check for this, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Steam and navigate to the My Games tab.
    2. Right click on America's Army 3 and select Properties.
    3. Navigate to the Local Files tab and then select "Verify integrity of game cache." This should force the game to check all your files against the Steam master server and also force a check for updates.

If this does not fix your issue, please request additional support.
………………
If you feel that this should be updated, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you require further assistance, please seek out one of the help volunteers in #aa-support.

I am unable to launch AA3/STEAM in Vista 64 Ultimate, although it will launch on the same hardware with WinXP x64. Verifying the cache and other "fixes" offered in this and other forums have not resolved this issue. This problem has been posted repeatedly in these forums, and no substatntive help or acknowledgement received. AA3 locks itself in an infinite loop while displaying the splash screen. Infinite loops are almost always the result of inept programming and inadequate testing. It may well be that the inept programming comes from Micorsoft, but AA3 definitely is responsible for testing.

EvL_OnE

Recruit

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 12:21 Profile

Player name deleted!!!!!
How can i Retrieve it , account ok but now no point or badges,
and can,t recreate same player name.

vetteslayer

Recruit

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 12:18 Profile

Silly question. When i play training, i get to the part where you can play, but i am constantly spinning. Anybody have any remedies?

FAQ for Support Issues with AA3 (Referred from IRC) 

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: