» See more topics

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Problems & Work Arounds - Using and Posting your Logs 

RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 11:11 Profile

Introduction:
We all know about the authenticating issues; however there are a lot of underlying bugs after that. From these some people are finding work-arounds and temporary solutions while the AA3 team works on fixing them. Even if we just identify the problems it should make the fixing process easier, because of this the log files prove to be a valuable asset in finding our solutions.

Preparations:
To prepare for your dangerous travel into the world of AA3 you’ll need to prep your computer to make sure you don’t have to reboot your computer to get out of a freeze or crash.

Emmortal wrote:

Like many of you, my game froze whenever trying to enter trainings or multiplayer servers. This will also let you Ctrl+Alt+Dlt and terminate game when freeze.

(musts)
In VIDEO menu change DISPLAY MODE to WINDOWED

In AUDIO menu change SOUND DEVICE to Generic Software or Optimal

HEATLoE wrote:

Install Stuck At 99%
This seems to work for those who installed the beta previously like myself

1. Close AA3Deploy
2. Delete your game install directory. Usually \Program Files\USArmy
3. Start Regedit (Start -> Run ->Type regedit and press Enter)
4. Press CTRL+F to bring up the find box
5. Type army and search for it under all types
6. Delete the sub-folder AA3Deploy and its parent folder Pragmatic
7. Restart AA3Deploy and install
8. ENJOY!

Note: Whenever doing registry changes, make sure to make a backup of your current registry and only make changes you feel comfortable doing. Any wrong move can make your computer inoperable.

Cut and paste the games "movie" folder inside your AA3 folder to your desktop (Found in Steam/Common/AA3 usually). This speeds up the loading process (the game seems to wait for the movies to finish before they load you in to prevent you to see graphical bugs while loading up. It looks funky but it speeds up loading by a small margin if your computer is decent.
Note: Don't lose this folder, once everything is done you'll want to put it back where you found it in case they check for tampering with files later.

Common Solutions and Work-Arounds:
[red-vex] wrote:

If no soldier shows up on the list, hit create a new soldier, wait a couple of seconds, then hit cancel and it will refresh that list. If it doesn't try again.

Pressing the “~” key brings up the console, and typing “disconnect” may get you out of some loops, especially authenticating issues.
Kenny66 wrote:

If you get stuck somewhere, but can get to the console, you can type "quit" and it will exit the game.

Please update with any new ones you have, but the Preparation above is your biggest asset here.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, since the patch a large ammount of the problems were fixed, however there still seems to be authentication issues, everyone seems to have problems with the servers not pulling up their profiles as well.

Authentication Server Timed Out (can't or don't want to use Browser for Servers):
"Authentication server timed out while retrieving you personal jacket. Please try again later"

Work-Around:
Bring up the console with '~' and type
"open 98.242.87.111?Name=YOURNAMEHERE"
Then again if you just type:
"open 98.242.87.111"
that will do the same thing (without changing your name), type it without the quotes and replace YOURNAMEHERE with whatever screenname you want and hit enter. This will join servers people have set up already (you need to get the IP from the forums or something someone told you so you connect via LAN)

A great list people are compilling are here, if one is full just go to the next one in the list:
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=297834

There is a guide to create your own non-authenticated servers while this is down as well:
gadonj18 wrote:

Obtaining Server Files
It appears that there really isn't a dedicated server package for this game, but rather the client itself can be altered to run as a server. This being said, you just need to get the game downloaded to the computer you wish to use as your server and install it.

You can get the game from the following:
Deploy Client
Steam
*Note: I have no idea why there is America's Army 3 Dedicated Server in Steam's Tools menu.

Configuration
The configuration files are HORRIBLY overwhelming. I will list the most common configuration options you should set to initially get your server up and running but the rest of the fine tuning you will need to figure out yourself.

The configuration file for the server is located in /AA3Game/Configs/ and is called AA3Game.ini. Open up this file with Notepad (or your favorite text editor) and make the following changes. Use CTRL+F to find the option you wish to change.
Code:

MaxPlayers=26
ServerName="My Awesome New AA3 Server"
ShortName="AA3 Server"
MessageOfTheDay="Thanks to Al Capwn from AwpaholicA.com for helping me set this server up!"
AdminPassword=mypass
TimeLimit=10
bEnableMapRotation=true
iMaxRoundsPerMatch=10
iAutoSwitchSidesRound=6
bAllowOTRoundOnTies=true
bAutoBalanceTeamsSizes=true
bDisableForceJoinTeam=true
bUseTS3VOIP=true
TeamSpeakCodec=2
TeamSpeakVoiceQuality=10

Start Up
In the /Binaries/ folder, right click aa3game.exe and create a Desktop Shortcut by going Send To -> Desktop. This will create a link to the game executable and allow you to specify command line options to start the server.

Right-click the newly created shortcut on your desktop and go to Properties.
In the Target textbox, go to the end of the path and add the following:
Code:

server <MAPNAME>?MissionType=<TYPE>?MaxPlayers=<#>?MaxSpectators=<#>?TimeLimit=<#>?MULTIHOME=<x.x.x.x>?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Of course you need to change all of the parameters to match your desires, the finished Target should look something like this:
Code:

C:\Servers\AA3\Binaries\aa3game.exe server Ranch_day_fog?MissionType=ao?MaxPlayers=26?MaxSpectators=2?TimeLimit=10?MULTIHOME=72.249.94.82?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Apply the changes to the properties and close the window. All you need to do now is double click the shortcut and your server will load.

Connecting
Since your server is not global, it will need to be connected to via console. To do this:
Open console with F12.
Type open <ip>?Name=<name> (Example: open 72.249.94.82?Name=Al_Capwn)
Press enter.
If you wish to log in as admin, add the parameter ?adminpw=<password> to your connect line, where <password> is the password you specified in the aa3game.ini file earlier.

I have written a guide on using AA3 server admin which can be found HERE

This is all you should need to get your own non-auth AA3 server up and running. All you need to do now is spam the connection information to get people to join. Good places to do that are:
AA IRC Channel
Steam Forum
AA3 Forum

Can't get into a Browser Server (most of the time):
Most people say they can't login to any servers in the browser, instead it seems that is simply difficult to do so (requires 20 or so tries at some points) to do so, and a bit of luck. However it doesn't change the fact that the community has found the solution to the problem GREAT JOB GUYS!

Work Around:
In an excellent example of the community working together, Kopatch started off the idea of a fix by comparing installed versions of before and after the patch and finding the edata file to be corrupt and needs replacing. With Andy302's ingunuity, SoldierOfTruth finally found the answer, I'll let them explain what to do though Very Happy

Kopatch wrote:

[UPDATE]
ok so tx to SHutch and SoldierOfTruth, we found a permanent fix for this problem. what Shutch did was taking the aa3_edata.client.fmap file from his friend which never had problems with the game. and as soon he replaced his file with his he had no problems.

he was kind enough to upload it for share. so i downloaded to try and it works perfectly , no more need to delete or exit game to go in servers. ( now i must worn you, inside the file its only gibrish and no one really knows what it contains, i personally doubt its something important BUT I DONT REALLY KNOW).

he hosted it in rapidshare i uploaded it to a direct link which you can find here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2...nt.fmap

just copy and paste it in the the binaries folder and it will work.

**not taking any responsibility of dmg which it may or may not cause to .... anything? ^^

if you do not trust this file its understandable, just ask someone you trust with a working file to send you his file version.

incase you do not wanna download the file or take from a friend. [TeC]Hitman.pl has made a program which deletes the file automaticly: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=300425
[/UPDATE]

just dont forget DO NOT GO IN TRAINING, as the dev requested.

This seems to work, please let us know if it doesn't for anyone. After you replace the files through Steam, go ahead and Freeze the game once (make sure in windowed mode) and then delete the file. This seems to re-write the edata file to its correct larger form (3KB or larger usually) when the server next starts up again instead of 1KB when it bugs out.

FPS Lag Problems? Here's a Tweaking Guide
I don't have these problems so I'll let someone else do the talking this time around Smile
NOTE: I did try some of these options and I don't see a difference so may be it works for extremely overloaded systems, just wanted you guys to know there is no garuntee for this one, but try it if your desperate.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=299658

Comments and Thanks
To everyone that has helped contribute with this post in the past and in the future, thank you.

Last edited by RaskVann on 24 Jun 2009 07:23; edited 29 times in total
RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 11:13 Profile

How to find your log files:
Via Deploy Client:
[red-vex] wrote:

Logs are in "\Program Files\USArmy\America's Army 3\AA3Game\Logs"

or
Windows XP:
Find your logs in your steam folder “steam/common/AA3/logs”. Thanks -{Casper}-

or
Vista 64:
DELTA=CPT=Hoot wrote:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\AA3Game\Logs

While the AA3 team has cited the log files are in your “My Documents/My Games/AA3/logs” no one has yet found it there. If these are incorrect for you, there are more configurations out there, please let us know if anyone finds their log files?

Posting your logs:

Note from Admin:

WARNING LOG FILES CONTAIN YOUR USER NAME & PASSWORD
    BE SURE NOT TO INCLUDE THE LINE CONTAINING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN ANY POSTS
    NOTE: Make sure to remove your password from the AA3Launch.log. It is located in the following line:
    ScriptLog: Trying to login "USERNAME" with password "PASSWORD"

Please post the last few lines of your log file (3-10 lines depending on the problem) just to be safe that you’ve gotten the problem picked up (most likely the very last line will have your problem though). It would be helpful if you reported the following though.
    *Offline or Online mode
    *Training Mission/Joining Multiplayer/Accessing Settings/etc. – details of what training mission or map etc. may be helpful but very unlikely at this point
    *When it dropped (on loading screen, during gameplay, upon exiting the mode or game, just entered the mode)
    *Method of exit (task manager, consul command + command + result, through main menu
    *If something besides a freeze happened, please elaborate

Logs We Don’t Want:
Please keep in mind not all logs won’t be useful, anything that ends in the last two lines:

Code:

Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 06/17/09 20:44:08

Minus the date and time being different, means with this log, the program closed correctly and you shouldn’t look at these any further. We also want fatal errors only, we realize there are a lot of errors in the logs themselves but only logs that suddenly end (don't quit like above) are the ones we are looking at. Of those logs please take the last 1-9 lines (depending on the error) and post them hear. Hopefully someone can help you or at least tell if it can be worked around or not.

Issues:
The important information in the logs is what you’re looking for and are highlighted in red. Additional information is posted for the AA3 team’s convenience.

Multiplayer:
No one can get onto multiplayer at the moment for any extended period of time and while we can hope this is due to authentication issues there are other issues as well.

Multiplayer log after joining a game and resulting in a freeze:
    ScriptLog: INFORMATION: Initializing MBS client access
    Log: Initializing AA3 Master Browsing System (MBS) on port 3040 and ip mbs.aa3.americasarmy.com
    Log: MBS LAN Server Listener port: 9001, Client Listener port: 9000
    Log: Authenticating MBS with mbs.aa3.americasarmy.com
    Log: MBS server init result: 0
    ScriptLog: INFORMATION: MBS system initialized.
    Log: MBSEngine Error -1
    Log: MBS Error: -1 (length 33):
    Log: error -1 (general error) occurred

Known solutions:
None – trying again sometimes yields better or worse results
Known work-arounds:
Pressing the “~” key and typing “disconnect” may get you out of the loop
I’ve also found that double clicking the server doesn’t always join and hitting “Join” usually solves this problem

Training (Online):
Many issues here, mostly authenticating usually occur on startup of a mission can cause a crash however lengthy authenticating after finishing the mission usually solves itself and on rare occasions need to be quit by the user. Other issues consist of the mission saying “You’re a NO GO” or not giving you credit after you pass a mission. These usually update themselves and give you credit after a few hours (although attempting a few times doesn’t hurt). Please note if you fail one section of a mission and try the mission again immediately after and pass that section, the first updates in a few hours will report the sections you passed and you’ll have to wait a few more updates for the next round to update your next section.

Known Authenticating Logs after mission startup freeze:

Log: Invalid field detected "MA_WeaponBarGrenade"
    Log: Invalid field detected "MA_WeaponBarM9"
    Log: Script call stack:
    Function AA3Baseline.AA_UI_Timer:UITimer
    Function AA3Baseline.AA_MainUI_Soldier_Overview_GfxMovie:UpdateSoldierInformation
    Function AA3Baseline.AA_Authorization:QueryActiveSoldierProfileValue
    Function AA3Baseline.AA_Authorization:QuerySoldierProfileKeyValueByName

ScriptWarning: AA_Authoriz
And
    Log: Scaleform loaded new movie AA_InGame_UI.InGameUI.AA_MapKickVoteDialog and will start it normally
    ScriptWarning: AA_AuthorizationLocal UI_bink_Master.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AA_AuthorizationLocal_4 (Function AA3Baseline.AA_Authorization:GetAuthorizationData:00CF) Accessed None 'Player'
    ScriptLog: (AA_AuthorizationLocal_4) AA_Authorization::NeedToReloadSoldierData Needs to reload data: False

Log: Transmitted STS events, result 0

Known Solutions:
None - Pressing the “~” key to bring up the console and typing “disconnect” may get you out of the loop
Known Work-arounds:
See the preparations above to get out of this or more popularly start again.

Other startup training freezes:

ScriptLog: (AA_AuthPostPrideMomentSeqEvent_0) AA_AuthPostPrideMomentSeqEvent::Activated activated
    Log: Kismet: Hiding non Home Station sub-levels
    Log: Activated UI_bink_Backdrop_VRS 1 0 1
    Log: Activated UI_bink_Backdrop_BCT 1 0 1
    Log: Activated UI_bink_Backdrop_DS 1 0 1
    Log: Activated UI_bink_Backdrop_HomeStation 1 0 1
    Log: Activated UI_bink_Backdrop_Rifle 1 1 1
    Warning: Warning, Material Backdrops.Backdrops.R

Solutions:
None known at present
Work-arounds:
None known at present

Miscellaneous log (Any time you don’t have a clue why it crashed):
    Log: Using ATS IP of "ats.aa3.americasarmy.com"
    Log: ATS Debug Logging is Disabled by [OnlineSubsystemAA3.OnlineSubsystemAA3] DebugATS
    Log: ATS using ATS Server files (Flag: 0)
    Log: ATS Game server IP "127.0.0.1"
    Log: ATS SCoringEngine::Init entered.
    Log: ATS Init on Ver 3.0.0, Engine 4206
    Log: ATS init at 16795103.821011
    Log: ATS init took 0.017389 with result 0
    Log: Initializing ATS in parallel
    Log: ATS init thread started 19a0

Work-arounds or solutions:
???

Training (Offline):
While I don’t have logs here, your all welcome to post your own, I do however know of some work-arounds for authenticating crashes. Disable your internet before entering a mission, it seems the game still authenticates even if you’re in offline mode, this should solve some issues in offline freezes.

Last edited by RaskVann on 22 Jun 2009 12:00; edited 5 times in total
gerwim

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 11:43 Profile

Nice one mate. Keep it up.

RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 12:40 Profile

Thanks, hopefully someone can at least double check the log location since a lot of people can't seem to find it (probably because of them saying its in My Documents and its not.

[Coe]

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 12:50 Profile United States

Sticky'd

Kenny66

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 12:53 Profile

Nice. Very helpful.

Also, if you get stuck somewhere, but can get to the console, you can type "quit" and it will exit the game.

[red-vex]

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 13:24 Profile

I installed via deploy client, and my logs are in \Program Files\USArmy\America's Army 3\AA3Game\Logs.

Hope this helps. I also read somewhere about a nice trick that'll get you to double your chances of logging in Smile If you get through the first step of username and PWD, but no soldier show up on the list, hit create new soldier, wait a couple of seconds, then hit cancel and it will hopefully refresh that list. If it doesn't try again.

Another issue you might list is the one that makes you keep spinning around when a device like joystick or wheel is connected to computer.

=WFC=K4killer

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 13:41 Profile United States

I found an error in my log you dont have posted...
Not sure what it means perhaps you can figure it out

ScriptLog: (AA_AuthorizationLocal_1) AA_Authorization::AuthUpdateSoldierProfileTimer using OnlineSubsystemAA3 OnlineSubsystemAA3_8
ScriptLog: (AA_AuthorizationLocal_1) AA_Authorization::AuthUpdateSoldierProfileTimer using OnlineSubsystemAA3 OnlineSubsystemAA3_8
ScriptWarning: AA_BulletWeapon_M249 MultiRange.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AA_BulletWeapon_M249_1 (Function AA3Baseline.AA_Weapon:DecrementInvCount:003C) Accessed None 'Controller'
ScriptWarning: SkeletalMeshComponent MultiRange.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AA_AmmoContainer_200x556mmBall_Box_1.SkeletalMeshComponent_575 (Function Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:PlayAnim:002C) Accessed None 'Animations'
ScriptWarning: SkeletalMeshComponent MultiRange.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AA_AmmoContainer_200x556mmBall_Box_1.SkeletalMeshComponent_575 (Function Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:PlayAnim:00BB) Base animation node is not an AnimNodeSequence (Owner: AA_NPCPawn_MAT_12)
Log: error(-2) - '[sdk->execute_transaction():461] 'fa

RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 13:44 Profile

Thank you for the help, we're looking for the last few lines of the logs though, if that's the last line of the log then yes we don't have it and I'll add it. There are a lot of errors in the logs but we're looking for fatal ones at the moment.

If it is a fatal error, you mind listing the options I have listed above (when it happened, what you were doing, how you closed out etc.)

Elite0x33

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 13:56 Profile

Critical: appError called: Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)

Log: === Critical error: ===
    Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a6b (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1433_x-ww_5cf844d2\MSVCR80.dll]
    GImage::GImage() Address = 0xd5f381 (filename not found) [in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\Binaries\AA3Game.exe]
    Address = 0xe0fb8308 (filename not found)

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
    Log: FaceFX shutdown.
    Exit: Exiting.
    Log: Log file closed, 06/18/09 21:29:26

Now I before I state any changes I made before this error occurred, I was able to be in-game and playing the training missions, I completed the Fit to win training course, and finished the basic rifle marksman training (29/40, I blame my pc)

These are my system specs: (Which do meet the minimum requirements)

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGC-RB40
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1534MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

After some googling and reading similar issues others had with UT 3, I still have found no solution to my issue.

I know my computer is not high-end at all, and very out-dated as far as RAM and graphics card wise. But I can play games like Call of Duty 4 and Left 4 Dead perfectly fine on low/med settings.

I noticed in AA 3.0 there is really no difference between high/low settings, so I decided i'm going to go through my config files and edit it to where I can maximize performance..

After a good 15 minutes of editting, I try to run AA 3 and I get the Don't Send/Send error box ( Don't know the tech name for it) and I highly doubt it was due to my editing of the config file since I just disabled shadows, lighting and the bloom/blur effects.

Now what I think it is, is that I had older drivers on my graphics card, because when I downloaded AA, I had also installed a new driver for my card, 1.8585 I believe. They released another update, 1.86 and I thought that would fix my issue, but to no avail, it didn't.

I will come back and edit this post and see if i'm successful with reinstalling older drivers and see if AA 3 still runs.

Hope this is helpful to some.

Last edited by Elite0x33 on 19 Jun 2009 14:11; edited 5 times in total
RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 14:05 Profile

It looks like you pointed out the problem exactly (try list instead of code tags since they allow the /red flags). I've heard around that Nvidea has mixed problems with AA3 and actually rolling back to an older graphic driver helped some problems. Considering the game is in an unstable point as it is I hope you saved that file and transplated it just in case (although that's probably not the problem). I can't tell you what Nvidea cards are supported or what graphic drivers work or not though (ATI Radeon guy myself).

If I run into anything though I'll send it your way.

Last edited by RaskVann on 19 Jun 2009 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Elite0x33

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 14:13 Profile

Edited post,

I can tell you it's not the configs since I deleted the configs folder, and allowed steam to replace them for me. That elimated that problem, i'm sure it's hardware related.

RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 14:23 Profile

2 Questions:

Can you get into your game right now, in other words does it crash on startup or at another point (elaborate)?
Where you able to play your game after you changed your settings? Can you change them back and be able to play again?

.sqwurl.

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 15:19 Profile

i dunno if its just me, but i noticed that AA3 only starts up running on one core. i have to set the affinity to 2 cores through task manager. it also helps if it seems to lock up at the splash screen.

RaskVann

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 15:31 Profile

Considering games have to be specifically programmed to use two or more cores and the game is in its current state. It's pretty safe to assume dual cores arn't supported.

Problems & Work Arounds - Using and Posting your Logs 

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: