Page 1 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

AA3 Server Admin Information 

LS-Para

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 00:48 Profile

For player admin and or admin commands for AA3 please read the following

1- You must add player admins via the super-admin commands. So you'll have to log into the server as an administrator (using an administrator password). Then type "help" to get a list of commands. Player Admins are stored in the authentication server.

2- Players who are in the authentication server as a player admins for a particular server gain that right automatically as they log into the server as a normal player.

3- Player Admins can also type help to get a list of commands (which is a subset of the "super" admin commands). However, you should consider Player Admins as essentially full admins because there's a lot of functionality that could cause problems, if used inappropriately.

Logging into your AA3 server as admin

To join a server as an admin type in the game client's console.

open x.x.x.x?Name=xxxx?AdminPW=xxxxx

Name is the sAdminName varible in the DefaultGame.ini
AdminPW is the AdminPassword varible in the DefaultGame.ini

4. Once your name has been placed in the .ini file you should then do the following;

5. Connect to your server: open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?adminpw=xxxxxxx
NOTE: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = your server IP || xxxxxxx = the adminpw that is located in your .ini file

6. Once you have logged into the game as an administrator (and it will tell you), you can then press F12 to bring up the big console screen.
NOTE: If you see a scrolling message that says something about incorrect PB version, PB errror or any other message related to PB you will have to UNCHECK the PunkBuster box which is located in the Multiplayer > Internet section.
Once unchecked exit the game & steam / deploy and restart the game. then log back in as an admin.

7. once you have your console up type: adminhelp
This will bring up a list off commands that you can use.

Additional Commands not posted under AdminHelp

Administrator Message

adminsay <message> || This will post your message in the middle of the screen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to setup your own Non-Auth Server

Obtaining Server Files
It appears that there really isn't a dedicated server package for this game, but rather the client itself can be altered to run as a server. This being said, you just need to get the game downloaded to the computer you wish to use as your server and install it.

You can get the game from the following:
Deploy Client
Steam
*Note: I have no idea why there is America's Army 3 Dedicated Server in Steam's Tools menu.

Configuration
The configuration files are HORRIBLY overwhelming. I will list the most common configuration options you should set to initially get your server up and running but the rest of the fine tuning you will need to figure out yourself.

The configuration file for the server is located in /AA3Game/Configs/ and is called AA3Game.ini. Open up this file with Notepad (or your favorite text editor) and make the following changes. Use CTRL+F to find the option you wish to change.
Code:

MaxPlayers=26
ServerName="My Awesome New AA3 Server"
ShortName="AA3 Server"
MessageOfTheDay="Thanks to Al Capwn from AwpaholicA.com for helping me set this server up!"
AdminPassword=mypass
TimeLimit=10
bEnableMapRotation=true
iMaxRoundsPerMatch=10
iAutoSwitchSidesRound=6
bAllowOTRoundOnTies=true
bAutoBalanceTeamsSizes=true
bDisableForceJoinTeam=true
bUseTS3VOIP=true
TeamSpeakCodec=2
TeamSpeakVoiceQuality=10

Start Up
In the /Binaries/ folder, right click aa3game.exe and create a Desktop Shortcut by going Send To -> Desktop. This will create a link to the game executable and allow you to specify command line options to start the server.

Right-click the newly created shortcut on your desktop and go to Properties.
In the Target textbox, go to the end of the path and add the following:
Code:

server <MAPNAME>?MissionType=<TYPE>?MaxPlayers=<#>?MaxSpectators=<#>?TimeLimit=<#>?MULTIHOME=<x.x.x.x>?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Of course you need to change all of the parameters to match your desires, the finished Target should look something like this:
Code:

C:\Servers\AA3\Binaries\aa3game.exe server Ranch_day_fog?MissionType=ao?MaxPlayers=26?MaxSpectators=2?TimeLimit=10?MULTIHOME=72.249.94.82?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Apply the changes to the properties and close the window. All you need to do now is double click the shortcut and your server will load.

Connecting
Since your server is not global, it will need to be connected to via console. To do this:
Open console with F12.
Type open <ip>?Name=<name> (Example: open 72.249.94.82?Name=Al_Capwn)
Press enter.
If you wish to log in as admin, add the parameter ?adminpw=<password> to your connect line, where <password> is the password you specified in the aa3game.ini file earlier.
I have written a guide on using AA3 server admin which can be found HERE

This is all you should need to get your own non-auth AA3 server up and running. All you need to do now is spam the connection information to get people to join.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to setup your .ini files

Edit the following (put your info in the places which are marked in red)

AA3Game.ini

[Engine.AccessControl] (This can be found towards the top of the file)
IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
AdminPassword=ANY_PASSWORD

[MOD EDIT-Removed invalid playeradmin entries, see #3 at top of post]

[AA3Baseline.AA_GameReplicationInfo] (This can be found at the bottom of the file)
bMPCheatsEnabled=false
SpectatorMode=SpecMode_All
TS3ServerMode=TS3SM_TEAM_CHAT_DEADRULES
sServerOwnerName=MPlayerLeague.com
sServerOwnerWebsite=MPlayerLeague.com
sServerHostingCompany=MPlayerLeague.com
sAdminName=YOUR_IN_GAME_NAME
sAdminName=YOUR_BUDDIES_IN_GAME_NAME
sAdminEmail=YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS

How to Kick a Player

To Kick a player type the following (You must have admin rights)

playerlist (This will give you the names and assigned number of players in the server)

AdminKickPlayer <Players Number> <True> <Reason>
Example: AdminKickPlayer 5 True Idle Player

Unlock All Slots - Thank You SgtSVJones

Inside AA3Game.ini -- bRestrictFTRolesByTeamSize=true .... Change this to false and all slots will unlock.

VOIP Options
Quote:

[AA3Baseline.AA_GameReplicationInfo]
TS3SM_TEAM_CHAT_DEADRULES - live players chat with live players on team, dead players with dead players on team, spectators with spectators.
TS3SM_TEAM_CHAT - players on each team talk separately from each other (but live and dead may talk).
TS3SM_ALL_CHAT - all players share one channel for chatting.

TS3ServerMode=TS3SM_TEAM_CHAT_DEADRULES

In-Game Voice, Voice Activated - Thank You SgtSVJones

Enable your servers to allow VOX as well as VOIP. VOX is simply transmit by voice not by pressing a hotkey and is a lot easier to use.

bTS3UseVOX=true --- in AA3Game.ini and DefaultGame.ini. change them both to True.

Password your Server - Thank you chicago

Quote:

In the AA3Game.ini look for [Engine.AccessControl] ..... under that place the following; gamepassword=YOURPASSWORDHERE

You will then have to join the server by typing the following; open x.x.x.x?password=YOURPASSWORDHERE

Example:
[Engine.AccessControl]
IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
GamePassword=***************
AdminPassword=***************
PlayerAdmin=[MPO]Punish3r
PlayerAdmin=[MPO]Para
PlayerAdmin=[MPL]MrChainsaw.
PlayerAdmin=[MPL]Nikooo111

Join Your Passworded Server As Admin

Quote:

start x.x.x.x?adminpw=xxxxxx?password=xxxxxx

Change the default map

In your server's CMD Startup Editor by default you should see;
Quote:

server Ranch_day_fog?GLOBAL?MissionType=ao?MissionSize=large?MissionVariant=dev1?MaxPlayers=?MissionTourID=inf?AuthServerIP=8.12.22.49 MULTIHOME=YOUR_SERVER_IP_HERE

All you need to do is change the Map, MissionType and MissionVariant ... I changed mine to;
Quote:

server Impact_day_cloudy?GLOBAL?MissionType=tah?MissionSize=large?MissionVariant=dev?MaxPlayers=20?MissionTourID=inf?AuthServerIP=8.12.22.49 MULTIHOME=8.12.22.49

Here's a list;
(Map="Alley_day_cloudy",MissionType="tah",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="east",LevelName="Alley",MissionName="Take&Hold")
MapRotation=(Map="Alley_day_cloudy",MissionType="vip",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Alley",MissionName="VIP")
MapRotation=(Map="Alley_day_cloudy",MissionType="co",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Alley",MissionName="Extraction")
MapRotation=(Map="bridge_night_clear",MissionType="classic",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Bridge",MissionName="Classic")
MapRotation=(Map="bridge_night_clear",MissionType="ao",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Bridge",MissionName="Assault")
MapRotation=(Map="bridge_night_clear",MissionType="co",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Bridge",MissionName="Extraction")
MapRotation=(Map="Impact_day_cloudy",MissionType="vip",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Impact",MissionName="VIP")
MapRotation=(Map="Impact_day_cloudy",MissionType="tah",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Impact",MissionName="Take&Hold")
MapRotation=(Map="Impact_day_cloudy",MissionType="ao",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Impact",MissionName="Assault")
MapRotation=(Map="Pipeline_dawn_clear",MissionType="ad",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="classic",LevelName="Pipeline",MissionName="Classic")
MapRotation=(Map="Pipeline_dawn_clear",MissionType="tah",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev",LevelName="Pipeline",MissionName="Take&Hold")
MapRotation=(Map="Pipeline_dawn_clear",MissionType="vip",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Pipeline",MissionName="VIP")
MapRotation=(Map="Ranch_day_fog",MissionType="vip",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Ranch",MissionName="VIP")
MapRotation=(Map="Ranch_day_fog",MissionType="ao",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Ranch",MissionName="Assault")
MapRotation=(Map="Ranch_day_fog",MissionType="co",Size="large",TourID="inf",Variant="dev1",LevelName="Ranch",MissionName="Extraction")

Show Death Messages To All Players

Look For: [AA3Baseline.AA_GameInfo]

Default Setting:
Quote:

bBroadcastDeathMessagesToAll=False

Change To:
Quote:

bBroadcastDeathMessagesToAll=True

Demo Rec

demorec name
demostop

demoplay name

Installing and Setting Up PunkBuster on owners AA3 Server's .

First go to Evenbalance and download one of the file's listed below (use the OS for your Server) and place it into your SERVERS PB Folder. Your PB folder is located in the binaries folder, EX: Mine is ----> aah3\binaries\pb

Link to PB files http://www.evenbalance.com/ind...av3.php
Download appropriate files (either for Windows OS, or Linux OS) located under the PunkBuster (AAv3) Server Files heading.

*Below are the file you want to install into your server pb folder
(WINDOWS)
PB Server v1.741 for Win32 Filename: pbsvnew.dll - last updated 06/22/2009
(Linux)
PB Server v1.741 for Linux Filename: pbsvnew.so - last updated 06/22/2009

*Before you exit your FTP server pb folder you should also enable PunkBuster.
This is done by editing your pbsvgame.cfg file.
Open pbsvgame.cfg in edit mode and change sv_punkbuster 0 to sv_punkbuster 1
save the file and allow it to overwrite.

NEXT restart your server.

Now Login to your AA3 server as Admin
Once you have logged in as admin on your server, Open the admin panel (F12). In the command line type adminpb_sv_restart and wait for the PB client to finish the install and update.
Your server should now be Punkbuster enabled with the latest files.

REMEBER ALL MEMBERS AND PLAYERS MUST HAVE THERE PB INSTALLED PROPERLY AND UPDATED. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PUNBUSTER box checked in the multiplayer server list before entering a PB enabled server.

Automatically Kick Idle Players
Set the option as shown below;
Quote:

bKickIdlePlayers=True
bDynamicNetSpeed-Change to FALSE (Default is TRUE)
bKickIdlePlayers-Change to TRUE(Default is FALSE)

Change Server Name & MOTD
Quote:

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]ServerName=America's Army 3.0 Server
ShortName=AA3 Server
MessageOfTheDay=Welcome to an AA3 Server!

Planning, Role Selection, Preparation Time
Quote:

iMaxBattlePlanningTime=15
iMaxRoleSelectionTime=15
iRoundPreparationTime=10

Change Spectator View For Dead People
Quote:

[AA3Baseline.AA_GameReplicationInfo]
Spectator Modes
SpecMode_All - Can spectate players (3rd and 1st person) and viewpoints
SpecMode_PlayersOnly - Players only (3rd and 1st person) <----- PLEASE DEAR GOD USE THIS ONE ONLY RIGHT NOW GUYS!
SpecMode_FirstPersonOnly - Players only in 1st person

Change the number of spectators allowed
Quote:

MaxSpectators=2

Set time limit per round (in minutes)
Quote:

TimeLimit=10

Set how long the scoreboard (at the end of the match) displays (in seconds)
Quote:

iScoreboardDisplayTimeSeconds=20

Enable Map Rotation
Quote:

bEnableMapRotation=true

To disable the odd effect of assigning specific spawn points to squads and then having them spawn elsewhere
Quote:

bPlayerSelectOnly=true

Fix For Bad Hit Detection
Finding the following values in DefaultGame.ini and AA3Game.ini

Quote:

bEnableHotbox=false

Quote:

bHotBoxActive=false

Quote:

bAutoCenterHBOnWeaponRaise=false

-- Change to ......

Quote:

bEnableHotbox=true

Quote:

bHotBoxActive=true

Quote:

bAutoCenterHBOnWeaponRaise=true

I will update as soon as i have more info .....

*** I would like to say a BIG thank you to SgtSVJones for helping me try and stay ontop of this list while im deployed to Iraq .... Thanks!

Last edited by LS-Para on 26 Jul 2009 09:01; edited 20 times in total
[-R-]Whoopass-SF

Sergeant

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 01:43 Profile

Confirmed this works - Excellent - I love you man!

[-R-]Whoopass-SF

TG-Vulcan

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 12:24 Profile

you may want to include pb enabling.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=298142

Kenny66

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 12:48 Profile

I'm not seeing where you set up an "authorized" server like you did with AA2.

You can still set up an Authroized server without having to pay to set up an Honor server right?

bullock269

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 15:39 Profile

Im not able to get this to work, are the quotes needed by sAdminName and such? password correct I auth but not as an admin? any ideas?

P1cwh0r3

Private

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 18:05 Profile Australia

bullock269 wrote:

Im not able to get this to work, are the quotes needed by sAdminName and such? password correct I auth but not as an admin? any ideas?

Are you wanting to be a super admin or normal admin?

Syntax is:
sAdminName=yournamehere
(no quotes)

So for me it would be: sAdminName=P1cwh0r3

dpgrim

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 18:21 Profile

This is also not working for me i have added the admin name in the defaultgame.ini and the admin password i then try and join my server using this i will type exactly what i do but name and pass will be false
open 217.163.10.67?Name=billy?adminpw=thekid
can someone see whats wrong?
It dos get me into the server but it doesnt say im admin.

I then also try this
open 217.163.10.67?adminpw=thekid
again takes me to the right server but not as admin.

Also whats the difference between the two methods ive been trying to use, please help i have now got my sever in the list but really like some control over it.

P1cwh0r3

Private

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 18:34 Profile Australia

man I'd delete the PW from the forum if that's the real thing.

Anyway... When you jump in the server, go to console, pres F12 and type ADMINHELP
What does it say in the console?

The second method is used when you set your name in the Defaultname.ini file under the subheading "[AA3Baseline.AA_GameReplicationInfo]"

There you will see an entry: sAdminName=

Enter your name there and all you need is the second option. Open XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX?adminpw=XXXXX when joining your server.

All from my own experience which isn't much. A Dev will be able to answer this/correct me.

Last edited by P1cwh0r3 on 20 Jun 2009 02:24; edited 1 time in total
dpgrim

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 19:23 Profile

Ok so i have added the admin name to that part of the ini so i only need to use
open 217.193.10.67?adminpw=thekid

ill try agian now and the pasword and name are made up.

bullock269

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 20:37 Profile

ON SOME SERVER SCRIPTS I'VE NOTICED A CUNNINGLY HIDDEN " ; " SYMBOL, THIS WAS PREVENTING ME LOGGING ON AS AN ADMIN ON MY SERVER, IT COMES JUST BEFORE THE " AdminPassword= " BIT.

bullock269

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 20:38 Profile

oops scuse the shout...

Silent^Reaper

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 23:31 Profile United States

Good job on the info there m8 Smile

Embedded Image
IRC || Forum TOS || Forum Help || EULA

[JaV].Insane

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 01:46 Profile New Zealand

yea this is great alright...

still looking for a similar topic on setting up honor server...

Asheda

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 01:53 Profile United States

[JaV].Insane wrote:

yea this is great alright...

still looking for a similar topic on setting up honor server...

I know a lot of people don't read Bat files so I will post the portion that pertains here...

@echo ---------------------
@echo To configure a dedicated server to always run a particular map
@echo and not prompt this menu, edit myrunserver.bat located in the Binaries folder.
@echo ---------------------
@echo Currently you cannot successfully run a server unless it is authorized.
@echo For questions regarding server authorization, contact aacm@americasarmy.com

So, I presume with that information that to get an honor server or any server you need to send an email to

aacm@americasarmy.com

I do wish that it was as easy as AA2 but until it is we do what we must.

P1cwh0r3

Private

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 02:41 Profile Australia

I've already emailed them about this. They are apparently setting up a webpage where server admins can set their servers up to be authed properly, when it's ready... well who knows.

AA3 Server Admin Information 

Page 1 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: