Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
AA3 YouTube Videos
Deploy/AMW Features
Come Back Stories..
2nd Video Challenge
» See more topics
  

    « Previous Page        Page 25 of 25     
  Page Jump     

 Give us your feedback! 
 

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 27 Feb 2011 14:02 Profile Satellite Provider


Lilith wrote:

... THAT, also weakens your argument.



My weak argument is my money that I spent to support this game and keep it alive.
What is your argument?

Note that I'm not complaining about the money I spent on this game. I just do not want to see this game in this currently sad condition.

My point is, if there are people willing to financially invest on this game and if some of these people have enough knowledge to help on development, why not take advantage of this help?

psych.clw

Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: 28 Jun 2009

      Posted: 27 Feb 2011 16:17 Profile


bout community help on the development: there was an idea early... just to make some sources open to let community optimize them, answer was NO

Lilith

Sergeant Major
Posts: 7172
Joined: 08 Dec 2007

      Posted: 27 Feb 2011 16:51 Profile United States


There's the thing - people mostly like to play on honor servers, so yes, servers are paid to get honor. That still doesn't contradict the fact (and I am calling it a fact) that it's "free to play". Anyone that would try to argue against that, will find that futile. Playing in itself doesn't require any form of payment. You can play without honor, and that doesn't require to get honor. Actually if you do play without honor, I'll commend you either way. Doesn't mean that he who hath the dough, gets the bread. What people have been mostly concerned with rarely has to do with server issues. That was all it is, so it's a completely different subject.

My ideas were to distract players with the details that appear to hinder their ability to play the game, but that's as far as it goes. As far as I feel about playability, if Devs loosened up on the system requirements, make it similar to AA2, then I suppose you could attract more players. A little too much focus on the "HD" thing, and the fancy stuff makes it a little too much, and a little too different. But that's just my opinion. A lot of bugs could be triggered by the way the game works with certain set ups, which is why certain systems that don't exactly have the right amount of power, won't exactly create the same performance as the ideal system. Otherwise, the game would only be good if it were on console, but that's just my own conclusion.

_____________________
Embedded Image
Cheezburger Operator 2007 -

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 27 Feb 2011 17:28 Profile Canada


Every other game that comes out and has come out in 2010 focuses more on this "HD" as you like to call it.. (and its working for them).. taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.

These days as much as gameplay, graphics are a HUGE part of the game, esp. since where so close to the 3D era. you simply cannot take a step back.. it will mean the end

psych.clw

Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: 28 Jun 2009

      Posted: 28 Feb 2011 04:33 Profile


=IK=Doba= wrote:

taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.



Unreal Engine (which is used now) is very good with proper use there is tons of games on it with good graphics and perfomance, look at Gears of War, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Army of Two, Rainbow Six

Lilith

Sergeant Major
Posts: 7172
Joined: 08 Dec 2007

      Posted: 28 Feb 2011 20:03 Profile United States


=IK=Doba= wrote:

Every other game that comes out and has come out in 2010 focuses more on this "HD" as you like to call it.. (and its working for them).. taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.

These days as much as gameplay, graphics are a HUGE part of the game, esp. since where so close to the 3D era. you simply cannot take a step back.. it will mean the end



Did that ever help people getting purple windows? it's one thing to go forward, but entirely another to muck it up that it's two steps back, just for trying to fix what they were doing the first time. Not all games ever needed it, and they're still enjoyable. A good game uses that because the way they approach it is evolutionary. Hence, people end up making "standards" and expecting AA3 to look like other games.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 28 Feb 2011 20:05 Profile Satellite Provider


Lilith wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Every other game that comes out and has come out in 2010 focuses more on this "HD" as you like to call it.. (and its working for them).. taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.

These days as much as gameplay, graphics are a HUGE part of the game, esp. since where so close to the 3D era. you simply cannot take a step back.. it will mean the end



Did that ever help people getting purple windows? it's one thing to go forward, but entirely another to muck it up that it's two steps back, just for trying to fix what they were doing the first time. Not all games ever needed it, and they're still enjoyable. A good game uses that because the way they approach it is evolutionary. Hence, people end up making "standards" and expecting AA3 to look like other games.



I agree.

I would be extremely pleased to have the concept of AA3 with AA2 technology.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 28 Feb 2011 22:30 Profile Canada


greeneyes wrote:

Lilith wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Every other game that comes out and has come out in 2010 focuses more on this "HD" as you like to call it.. (and its working for them).. taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.

These days as much as gameplay, graphics are a HUGE part of the game, esp. since where so close to the 3D era. you simply cannot take a step back.. it will mean the end



Did that ever help people getting purple windows? it's one thing to go forward, but entirely another to muck it up that it's two steps back, just for trying to fix what they were doing the first time. Not all games ever needed it, and they're still enjoyable. A good game uses that because the way they approach it is evolutionary. Hence, people end up making "standards" and expecting AA3 to look like other games.



I agree.

I would be extremely pleased to have the concept of AA3 with AA2 technology.



purple windows and other bugs are a result of poor game execution not because you try to move the game forward with todays technology.. personally after 1.5 yrs of reading about AA3 while playing AA2 I was a bit dissapointed.. I was hoping for more BC2 graphics and physics and AA2 game play.. but that didnt happen, just saying in todays world it should happen and the game should run smoothly with no bugs..

just saying other games are moving forward .. seems every 5 months theres a new solid game.. like I keep hearing on vent and AA3 in game chat.. everybody cant wait for BC3 in November... you think they took a step back ?? you know they didint.. and you know its gonna be pretty sick.. and you know what if AA3 by that time doesnt improve about 10x.. it might see a HUGE drop in players.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 28 Feb 2011 22:31 Profile Canada


greeneyes wrote:

Lilith wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Every other game that comes out and has come out in 2010 focuses more on this "HD" as you like to call it.. (and its working for them).. taking a step back isnt an option, how about taking a step forward and starting over with a newer more user friendly engine or whatever it is thats giving them problems.

These days as much as gameplay, graphics are a HUGE part of the game, esp. since where so close to the 3D era. you simply cannot take a step back.. it will mean the end



Did that ever help people getting purple windows? it's one thing to go forward, but entirely another to muck it up that it's two steps back, just for trying to fix what they were doing the first time. Not all games ever needed it, and they're still enjoyable. A good game uses that because the way they approach it is evolutionary. Hence, people end up making "standards" and expecting AA3 to look like other games.



I agree.

I would be extremely pleased to have the concept of AA3 with AA2 technology.



dont know why.. especially from someone with such a powerful computer.. funny you like to stay on top of the technology but play games made in 2001

dont get me wrong I loved AA2 fron day one I started playing.. no other game had me hooked like this one.. now playing over 8 yrs strong.. but it was time to move on.. however no one knew the move forward will be such a disaster

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 01 Mar 2011 14:27 Profile Satellite Provider


For me, graphics quality of a game are important, there are games that I play only because of graphic quality. I have a pre-order of the latest CryEngine 3 production, i only play these games because of its amazing graphics innovation.

What I seek at AA3 is something completely different, i seek for a simulator that comes close as possible to the true U.S. Army, true Soldiers, true Warfare. In AA3 I look for a game that can pass through game play the true essence of U.S. Army, graphics quality becomes a secondary desire in this particular situation.

Currently, and unfortunately, AA3 is not able to provide neither of.

Lilith

Sergeant Major
Posts: 7172
Joined: 08 Dec 2007

      Posted: 05 Mar 2011 13:18 Profile United States


=IK=Doba= wrote:

purple windows and other bugs are a result of poor game execution not because you try to move the game forward with todays technology.. personally after 1.5 yrs of reading about AA3 while playing AA2 I was a bit dissapointed.. I was hoping for more BC2 graphics and physics and AA2 game play.. but that didnt happen, just saying in todays world it should happen and the game should run smoothly with no bugs..

just saying other games are moving forward .. seems every 5 months theres a new solid game.. like I keep hearing on vent and AA3 in game chat.. everybody cant wait for BC3 in November... you think they took a step back ?? you know they didint.. and you know its gonna be pretty sick.. and you know what if AA3 by that time doesnt improve about 10x.. it might see a HUGE drop in players.



After reading the "bug" reports about the purple windows, I find that in most of those cases (I don't think I've ever read one that was NOT the case), where the graphics card that was used when this was executed were unsupported ones, which is why that occurred. I'm pretty sure they SPECIFICALLY listed the supported cards ahead of time, which was well before release. Whatever that is on the market now (which would have been future releases for prospective players), would have been left much to speculation. If the game had faulty coding, I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

If you're talking about the games moving forward, they're pretty much designed on machines that AREN'T built in 2001. The software and hardware aspect go hand in hand. The original team, I am sure already considered that, which is why they wrote it from scratch with a new engine. I can't say for sure if this was an evil ploy to get people to use certain computers for the future. I do know they had designed it so that it worked in few with some kind of combination. I do know they also had part of the design on the Mac, though ironically the game is NOT Mac supported, and hasn't been since 2.5ish. That's pretty much the picture I got the whole time. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the 2 years of rumors and premature spoilers included that.


 Give us your feedback! 
 

    « Previous Page        Page 25 of 25     
  Page Jump     

  

Jump to: