Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
AA Challenge Winner
Name that AA map!
AA3 & NASCAR
New Videos YouTube
» See more topics
  

    « Previous Page        Page 23 of 25     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

 Give us your feedback! 
 

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 1330
Joined: 05 Oct 2007

      Posted: 23 Feb 2011 21:40 Profile United States


if you still see a bug report it by bumping a thread or making a new one...


no updates? there have been several. as we are at 3.0.8.2... started at 3.0 then 3.0.1...

the more people play the less they come to the forums...so user data is still unknown look at the players every day and you will see a patern. as the game improves the more returning players and new players we will get.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 24 Feb 2011 08:22 Profile Canada


[VGO]mmchaos wrote:

if you still see a bug report it by bumping a thread or making a new one...


no updates? there have been several. as we are at 3.0.8.2... started at 3.0 then 3.0.1...

the more people play the less they come to the forums...so user data is still unknown look at the players every day and you will see a patern. as the game improves the more returning players and new players we will get.



Those were not updates.. those are improvements to a faulty game, a game that should have NEVER been released the way it was....Lets say for a second that AA3 wasnt released.. Im convinced that the current 3.0.8.2 still is not ready for release date.. thats how much has changed over the last 2 yrs.

The first actual update might be 3.0.9 .. from the sounds of things anyways

GREENEYES and BUD .. both good posts !!

blint

Private First Class
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 May 2010

      Posted: 24 Feb 2011 17:19 Profile Hungary


=IK=Doba= wrote:

... Im convinced that the current 3.0.8.2 still is not ready for release date...



The current game is ok as an initial realease, no serious or frequent annoying bug in there.
Now we're looking forward to new content (well, we're waiting for it for 1,5 years now). Cheesy Grin

_____________________
Embedded Image

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 24 Feb 2011 19:01 Profile Canada


I dont think a game this laggy and still full of bugs should be considered "ready" for release.. yes the bugs dont happen as often.. but in my mind they shouldnt happen at all and no lag for a game to even think about being released..

blint

Private First Class
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 May 2010

      Posted: 24 Feb 2011 19:19 Profile Hungary


Most of the bugs comes with high latency, and its true that AA3 is more laggy than other games on servers with higher ping (greater distance from server and/or 20+ players), though playing on a server close to you, pays out. As for me, I'm playing on hungarian or german low-latency servers, and with and average ping of 70-80 the game is just great.
Btw, my ISP is overloaded at peak times (150+ latency and packetloss), and yes, the game is quite a nightmare this way, with "unique" bugs (double-thrown grenade, empty mag, autoshooting... ).

Bottom line, on low ping servers the game is OK. Cool

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 24 Feb 2011 20:09 Profile Satellite Provider


Do not want to start another discussion repeating the same thing for the billionth time but we may have luck if a Developer or a AA "Official" Community Manager can read this

I agree with Blint, most bugs occur because of high latency on the servers but the rub of the question is.. in a server with 16/18/20 players latency is always high so we have a problem here, we cant have low ping servers with 20 players inside.
(I could spend some of my time explaining the cause(s) but probably would be a waste of time)
Your bad/good/excellent Internet connection does not have nothing to do with overloaded servers or with what we try to discuss here.

I agree with Doba, the game should never have been released in these conditions.
Let's wait for the next update, probably will be the last chance for AA3.

Dangall

Private First Class
Posts: 116
Joined: 29 Apr 2003

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 05:12 Profile Italy


greeneyes wrote:

...Let's wait for the next update...



Will be an update? Are you sure? I'm not so sure honestly, and in any case when will be released will be some player yet?

blint

Private First Class
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 May 2010

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 08:43 Profile Hungary


greeneyes wrote:


Your bad/good/excellent Internet connection does not have nothing to do with overloaded servers or with what we try to discuss here.


It does. If I play eg. AA2 or other games during this highping period, it is laggy as well of course, but there dont just appear bugs and the game doesnt become unplayable.
The same goes for the servers a bit further away from you. As for me, in aa2 UK servers are just a bit laggy, in AA3 bugs appear more often and it becomes hard to vault/mantle objects.

And yeah, the other known problem is player number, though around 18 players servers are just fine, above 20 lagg rounds appears depending on server config.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 12:48 Profile Satellite Provider


I will give BC2 as an example because is the most played game at present.
Playing on a 32 men server located in French Polynesia or on my server, where I'm sitting on top, is basically the same thing.

With AA3 i have lag/bugs/errors, even in my server if the number of players exceed 12, the game becomes a lag fest.

What really makes me angry or sad, I can not define my feelings exactly about this subject, is to see a project of this quality being thrown by the sewer pipe.
Honestly, if I were to lead this project, would lay off the whole current staff team, with no exceptions.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 12:54 Profile Canada


They say the game is free.. trust me its not.. not for a lot of us who supply the people with servers.. the =IK= server is ~ $40/month.. do the math over the past 2 yrs (nearly)... and for what?

A LOT of servers already disappeared.. if this continues there might be players left.. but no where to play because there are no Official AA3 servers.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 13:37 Profile Satellite Provider


I was paying $35.00 every month just for the honor to Pragmatic.
This month I canceled the service, the individuals who are managing this project does not deserve my financial effort.
My server is now a 32 men BC2 server.
If in the future and if this weird management policy change, maybe I'll endure this game again.
However I think nothing will change, if to become beta we need to have friends in it or else we are automatically excluded without taking into account the extent of our knowledge or skills, how can we expect any change, the management of this game looks like the captain of a sinking boat trying to convey his sailors to calm.

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant
Posts: 3049
Joined: 19 Feb 2005

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 19:05 Profile United States


Sadly, most of, if not all my friends surrounding this game have already thrown their hands in the air and said, "enough". Perhaps the oldest unit (clan) supporting this franchise, the 75th Rangers Regiment, closed its doors and disbanded just last year. Many other fine operations followed suit, while not disbanding, are playing other games now. Some operations have taken a 'wait and see' approach, and also play other games while they bide their time.

I'd like to see this franchise solidify itself as a contender once again. However, unless there is a fundamental shift in their priorities, GreenEyes's example may be closer to the truth, than the exception.

_____________________

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 19:41 Profile Satellite Provider


I'm deeply disappointed with this, so I apologize for my previous words.. a bit exaggerated.

I understand that the Army Studio does not have the necessary funds to hire people enough, with the necessary knowledge, so that this project can move forward.

My appeal goes to the following, let the community help.
If you have doubts about people honesty, create a very restricted NDA, ask criminal record, ask curriculum, ask previous experience do whatever it takes for these people with knowledge and willingness may be able to help this great game. Refresh Beta program, allow the entry of a new fresh and responsible feedback.
Above all open your minds, do not let this project die, surely you will find dozens of people able to help.

Lilith

Sergeant Major
Posts: 7172
Joined: 08 Dec 2007

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 20:38 Profile United States


=IK=Doba= wrote:

They say the game is free.. trust me its not.. not for a lot of us who supply the people with servers.. the =IK= server is ~ $40/month.. do the math over the past 2 yrs (nearly)... and for what?

A LOT of servers already disappeared.. if this continues there might be players left.. but no where to play because there are no Official AA3 servers.



Free to play. Of course you have to pay for a private server. But it's really no cost to you just to register an account and download the game and do training. There are even some official servers out there still not costing you extra.

_____________________
Embedded Image
Cheezburger Operator 2007 -

blint

Private First Class
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 May 2010

      Posted: 25 Feb 2011 22:48 Profile Hungary


greeneyes wrote:

I'm deeply disappointed with this, so I apologize for my previous words.. a bit exaggerated.

I understand that the Army Studio does not have the necessary funds to hire people enough, with the necessary knowledge, so that this project can move forward.

My appeal goes to the following, let the community help.
If you have doubts about people honesty, create a very restricted NDA, ask criminal record, ask curriculum, ask previous experience do whatever it takes for these people with knowledge and willingness may be able to help this great game. Refresh Beta program, allow the entry of a new fresh and responsible feedback.
Above all open your minds, do not let this project die, surely you will find dozens of people able to help.


Back in 2002 it was a great flash not just in the gaming industry that the US Army developed a game, this simple fact made made sure, that this news hits the newspapers even here in Hungary as well. A lot of people tried it from curiosity and many of them became a regular players.
Such a buzz in the news would be great for AA3 as well: like make it semi-open source or something. Take the lead of the development but involve the community even in coding.
Cmon it would make great titles, like us army working with volunteers from Nato countries or such. Cheesy Grin
I know if im realistic that such thing never happens , but... I should go now and sleep some. Neutral


 Give us your feedback! 
 

    « Previous Page        Page 23 of 25     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

  

Jump to: