Come Back Stories..
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 22 of 25     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Give us your feedback! 

soundz

Recruit

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 18:30 Profile

Now that we are able to play ( still with some problems but hey, maybe they're fixed with the next update ) I want the M24 back soooooooo badly!!! I pushed it to the max back in the days when I played AA and now its gone? [TOS Violation]!

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 18:33 Profile Satellite Provider

I also want a true sniper's rifle instead of the M16DMR, but for my own selfish reasons, for which I even started a thread recently.

Embedded Image

xxx_king_kaos_xxx

Private

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 18:43 Profile Antarctica

only feedback i have is to downsize the installers of the game for maximum speed on downloading future or current versions of this game.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 13:19 Profile Satellite Provider

Cant wait for the updates.

Good job and excellent game, almost perfect.

Jezzer123

Private

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 04:53 Profile

Very good game, though i THINK its out of date slightly with whats used as operational gear, Not clued up that much with the american operational kit.
Could definatly do with more training missions to do, even if they were just advanced ranges, as in Close Quarter Battle range, Section Defense range, I know our guys do them in phase one or phase two training. Even as an army cadet i've used both types of ranges.
If people had to do more training, and able to unlock more add ons, etc, things that have been issued more in the latest conflicts, it would be better...
Things like, ability to get ACOG scopes on any weapon, that could simply be pass on the sec defense range
Operational foregrips, complete CQB range in XYZ time.
Please do correct me if im wrong, but are NVGs not issued en mass to troops that need them?
Which you could also say, if you do get issued, the AN/PEQ 2A IR/Laser thing.

Im probably going too SF with some of that, but just saying Smile Reject, slam it down, or whatever.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 17:27 Profile United States

Jezzer123 wrote:

Very good game, though i THINK its out of date slightly with whats used as operational gear, Not clued up that much with the american operational kit.
Could definatly do with more training missions to do, even if they were just advanced ranges, as in Close Quarter Battle range, Section Defense range, I know our guys do them in phase one or phase two training. Even as an army cadet i've used both types of ranges.
If people had to do more training, and able to unlock more add ons, etc, things that have been issued more in the latest conflicts, it would be better...
Things like, ability to get ACOG scopes on any weapon, that could simply be pass on the sec defense range
Operational foregrips, complete CQB range in XYZ time.
Please do correct me if im wrong, but are NVGs not issued en mass to troops that need them?
Which you could also say, if you do get issued, the AN/PEQ 2A IR/Laser thing.

Im probably going too SF with some of that, but just saying Smile Reject, slam it down, or whatever.

I think what would be close to CQB training is what MOUT is all about. Particularly the shoothouses. Granted, that's individual training. If you're talking about team-based training, I'd be all for it.

NVGs are issued to troops - but if you're talking about AA3, that wouldn't be included in any of the missions; none are actually night maps per se - therefore, making their use a moot point. Certain units also get issued other types of equipment, but I believe the mission dictates what you can [authorized to] bring with you.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 06 Feb 2011 19:42 Profile Satellite Provider

In the last days I spent some of my time trying to defend the indefensible, this game.
The reason why I did it was because I was honestly sick of seeing so much negativity around him, at moment I thought he deserved a chance but, as a war veteran, I thought I owed him a tribute.I keep my tribute but I will not defend the game no more, especially when I am penalized for doing so, by comrades in this forum and by guardians of this forum.

Having said that, the game has really serious problems most of them have already been mentioned here, I will not waste time to mention them again.

If I do have a computer above average, if have a server with a capacity to house 10 equivalent games and yet the game is not more than a load of problems, not much more to say.

Good luck to all.

God Bless America

branco

Recruit

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 07:28 Profile

I would like to know when new maps will be out? great game but a few maps.
When is the new update?

[NoL]!c3.coLD

Recruit

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 18:56 Profile Slovenia

Would be nice if you could be able to change your nickname in game. I made a mistake by putting this name up in my nickname, now i'm stuck with it and it stinks. AA2 had a better system about this, if i'm completely honest.

frankof

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 19:08 Profile Norway

[NoL]!c3.coLD wrote:

Would be nice if you could be able to change your nickname in game. I made a mistake by putting this name up in my nickname, now i'm stuck with it and it stinks. AA2 had a better system about this, if i'm completely honest.

Delete and create a new, imho, AA3 has the better system.

[NoL]!c3.coLD

Recruit

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 10:03 Profile Slovenia

frankof, the whole idea of the system is good, but it lacks this basic feature to be able to change your nickname. That's just imo.

PatriotDB23

Recruit

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 01:30 Profile

Love the AA3 Game. Game has helped to rekindle my interest in possible joining the military later in my life.

Some Notable Achievements:
Love the Deploy Client Work w/ Server Browser, Buddy Tracking, Stat Lookup, etc.
Graphics
Love the new Maps for AA3
Command Menu
TS integrated

Some things to Consider Fixing:
Being able to take screenshots
Enabling Forcing Anti Aliasing Option so Hud will work with 3rd Party Anti Aliasing Controlled Software
Fixing Bugs like.... gun not appearing to reload but hearing the sound, grenade randomly disappearing when throwing it, weapon disappearing randomly, easier to work the Commander Instructions Feature
Allowing Players to rest their guns on the in-game environment
Explain better how to navigate to the advanced training

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 05:22 Profile United States

My feedback,

In the past, my input has been to support the franchise and maintain an optimistic outlook for AA3, and in no small part by my own experience playing each version, from day one till now. In my opinion, each installment added value to the overall game experience, giving players some of the things they wanted, while not all. Some improvements, while others hidden, the vast majority of the updates, patches, and this latest version installment, have shown that AA continues to challenge the development team. It is my opinion that America's Army project has taken on a new focus, that is less about correcting fundamental performance issues, in favor of maintaining the status quot and servicing the game to its logical life-cycle conclusion.

In retrospect, since this thread began, I've noticed a decrease in player feedback, which could mean any number of things. However, there are other factors that are becoming far harder to ignore, such as the decrease in the player base, the dwindling clan base, and the marked decrease in forum activity. Some might argue that the gaming industry is changing, that other FPSs are to blame. I've addressed this concern in other threads, making a point that change is inevitable, that players would return due to the fundamental differences between the two. And yet, over the last few months, I've stepped back from the gaming industry in favor of returning to college, and have seen these changes from another perspective. And what I've seen, is alarming, considering.

Firstly, America's Army is a product of the U.S. Army, which begs the question, "If the DoDs mission is success, have they met this goal? If this goal has been met, has AA3 outlived its usefulness? If this is the case, does this explain the less frequent responsiveness with updates and patches?"

Let's take this thread, for example, which has been visited by one developer. And while I understand feedback threads, why would a developer post anything if the purpose is to gather information, not disseminate information. That post looks more like an incentive, or perhaps, a post in defense of what might come--not what will come.

Secondly, the significant drop in player to server ratio has reached an all time low, supporting what many of us suspect, but don't talk about. Why? We support the game. However, the reality is that AA3 is in danger of being a liability in the eyes of its players, largely because there are less players. Sure, there are die-hard players, that continue to play, overlooking AA3 deficiencies. By far, there is a purpose in doing so, none of which has to do with the DoDs mission, and everything to do with the individuals time investment.

Thirdly, The question in every one of these players is not if AA is repaired, but when. let's consider the question of when. Over a year after the release of AA3, the game continues to be bogged down by issues that surfaced after its release. For any franchise, be it private, public or commercial, to maintain a player base in which its target market can interact, the development team must address those bugs that have the greatest potential of alienating these players. AA3 has not addressed these issues, to date.

Fourthly, while its understandable that patches and updates take time to beta, we're talking about issues that have been identified over a year ago. What's more, these issues should have been detected long before the public release. This bakes another question, "Were these issues identified, and selectively accepted as non-issues?" "If these issues were identified post-release, why weren't the original developers allowed to correct it" And since the changing of the development team is a sensitive issue, I will not discuss that in this forum. However, as a computer science major, with a minor in programming, those of us that do this for a living understand the importance of insuring those that take over what we created, have the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability set to address program issues. This bakes the question, "If these design features were ("were" being the operative word) documented during development, addressing the deficiency should be fairly straightforward?" If this is the case, does it take over a year to rewrite, test, and migrate into the original program?"

Before I transcribe my entire Fall mid-term assignment in one of my classes, I'll stop here.

In summary, what appears to have been a successful run for America's Army versions one and two, the DoD hedged its bets on an unfamiliar game engine for version three. No one can deny that AA3 is groundbreaking and forward thinking. However, after its debut, and over a year later, the players have been very vocal about the cons far outweighing the pros. To date, many believe that these issues will not be addressed, which in turn caused a sensation of players, which has turned into a slow exodus, signified by decreased clan activity, server use, and player account abandonment. All the while, threads like this have seen less and less activity, with marked reductions in both the AA2 and AA3 forums. I suspect that AA3 is in a tailspin, insofar as players are concerned. As for America's Army, I'm sure there are new priorities, perhaps new content, even some updates and patches on the way. However, at what expense? Will they arrive in time to resurrect the game?

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 19:29 Profile Satellite Provider

Very enlightening post, however there are several facts and factors that we can also consider.

Strange that after so many patches the problems of the game have not been fixed?
Fact: There is an obvious denial by the beta and developers about these issues.
Factor: Inability to resolve the reported issues.

Strange that almost after two years the game remains without a single update?
Fact: Paid manpower was excluded from this project, either in the forum, community or in game development, this game is now mostly supported by volunteer.
Factor: The Army approach, to AA3, is not the same. The Army does not give the same support to AA3 as in the past offered to AA2.

Strange that the community is falling apart?
Fact: Forgetting the fact that there was a clear failure by those responsible for the game in an attempt to transport the fans from AA2 to AA3, the community did its job. The community tried to embrace this project. If we can point flaws, community is not one of them.
Factor: A very bad approach in this sector by those responsible for the game.

This game may be able to attract new players in the future?
Fact: Most likely not, unless the above facts suffer a 180 degrees turn.
Factor: Not hurt to dream.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 21:20 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

Very enlightening post, however there are several facts and factors that we can also consider.

Strange that after so many patches the problems of the game have not been fixed?
Fact: There is an obvious denial by the beta and developers about these issues.
Factor: Inability to resolve the reported issues.

Strange that almost after two years the game remains without a single update?
Fact: Paid manpower was excluded from this project, either in the forum, community or in game development, this game is now mostly supported by volunteer.
Factor: The Army approach, to AA3, is not the same. The Army does not give the same support to AA3 as in the past offered to AA2.

Strange that the community is falling apart?
Fact: Forgetting the fact that there was a clear failure by those responsible for the game in an attempt to transport the fans from AA2 to AA3, the community did its job. The community tried to embrace this project. If we can point flaws, community is not one of them.
Factor: A very bad approach in this sector by those responsible for the game.

This game may be able to attract new players in the future?
Fact: Most likely not, unless the above facts suffer a 180 degrees turn.
Factor: Not hurt to dream.

Wink

Give us your feedback! 

« Previous Page        Page 22 of 25     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: