» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 6 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Welcome to New Players 

Anarkadde

Recruit

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 02:57 Profile France

Greetings from France everyone.

I was curious about tactical fps, and particularily that game.
I've not seen many player last night, but maybe holidays are the reason for that...

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 17:00 Profile

Servername: {SHU} SILENT- HUNTERS- UNIT
IP Address: 195.72.154.51:8777

A good French server, ideal for players who want to understand the game.

Leeaa

Recruit

Posted: 09 Aug 2010 12:45 Profile Canada

hello Very Happy , i m a AA 1.2-1.4 generation, i was in clan (US) -> (unusual suspect) from the begining ,we were
most of the time playing mountain-pass (i remember the bloody center peak, hehe) a lot of fun i had ,with
body like "desji" "nemesis" and all others nice players.

But one day , my life take me out of game cause...you know ...problems.anyway , last week-end i have installed AA3 and i have read a lot of thing on forums, game manual, i explored maps and i did successfuly training and wow i say, i feel very nooby now, i would like to see old maps too practice on a know territory with all those new features before getting in AA3.

I m too shy to enter a multiplayer game right now , i know it look stupid but i do not want to bother others with nooby mistakes i can do. I miss training with the (radar, gps, not sure of the name) cause now soldiers deal with a lot of visual information,and comunication.
and i feel not ready to go on the batlefield. I know the theoretic part, combat situation is different thing.

do i have to say "enemy spoted each time i see one? do i have to report my position every minute?
do i have to seek for injury friend at any cost when i ear "medic" ?, what i do if i am promoted during my first game? some soldiers will wait for order from me?
can i just be a spectator in a server before getting in battle?
please give me some advices , i become paranoiac Shocked hehe
thank to ==HOOT=== on first page of this thread , that is what i m talking about.

thanks for reading.

sorry for english mistakes, feel free to correct me Smile

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant

Posted: 09 Aug 2010 13:35 Profile Germany

1.yes
2.no
3.you can if you like
4.be happy
5.no
6.yes

Very Happy just have fun,you cant do so much wrong. learn every new game new things.

Leeaa

Recruit

Posted: 09 Aug 2010 19:02 Profile Canada

i apreciate that, Flatlander, i m just not sure about the # 4 but, i ll see !! tanx you!

Bonkors

Recruit

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 05:42 Profile

Hi there, i'm new to AA3 but i was a veteren in the first AA & AA: Special Forces. As i have requested my old account (which was around 5-6 years old).... I miss this game to be honest, I used to hammer this when i was a kid, non-stop everyday after school.... but then one day you grow up or get bored dont ya, i then went onto ET, Call of duty series and then mmorpg's and must I say it's good to get back to the old FPS's... I just have a few questions if anyone would be as kind as to help me out with some of 'em:

Is this game anything like the original AA? (Same engine? Same gameplay?)
Do i get to keep anything from the first one? (Medals, Awards, Stats, etc)
Is this better than the original AA??
Can I use my old AA account in AA3? (I'm guessing... not as it's a different game isn't it?)

Is pipeline and any of the old maps in AA3?

I know it seems i'm looking for the original i'm not i'm wondering what to expect hehe. Lookin forward to your replies, cheers.

boki_ns

Recruit

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 08:11 Profile Serbia And Montenegro

Hi everyone!
My name is Borislav. Come from Serbia.
My english is bad so I hope we understand each other. Smile

See ya on the game.

P.S. Ako ima neko iz Srbije neka mi se javi na PP, mnogo je lakse na nasem. Smile

gescheitine

Recruit

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 18:48 Profile Canada

Hi everybody,
First of all, maybe I'm a rare "thing" among you : a female! LOL! ;-)
Second, I play FPS since the 23 december of 2005 (following a Wal-Mart visit where I found "Medal of Honor" at 5$ and have told myself "What do you have to loose for that price ?!"... Never guess then that the answer was... christmas and New Year : stayed in front of my computer all parties long! LOL!

More seriously, I've played a lot of FPS (Rainbow Six, Call of duty (all), Medal of Honor(all), Far Cry 1&2, etc.) but never played in multiplayer. The reasons ?
- Too shy
- scare of not doing the right thing or friendly fire
- english is not my first language (it's french) even if i'm understand 99.9% of writtings and 90% in speaking
- Don't have microphone
- I'm good in singleplayer but don't know my worst with real humans (!!!)

But for once, I would like to play multiplayers game (singleplayer had reached its limits!!) but I would like you to help me if possible by inviting me in your team, knowing the fact i'm new in the game and knowing my limits. Like that, I will be sure not to go in a too high skilled team and not to be a weight for you. Once I will be in a right team, I will be able to increase my skill. Due to a 7 surgeries in the spine that gone wrong in 2002, I couldn't work anymore (was teacher), so I have a lot of time to play (usually, I play every evening from 9 to 12, and often in pm, from 1 to 4. Those games are a way not to think that I will have legs completely paralysed in few years; the only way to get it off my mind for a while... This is my "mind-medication" to keep good spirits, If I could say so... And my team will be my "physician" !!! LOL!! ;-)

I almost finish trainning of AA3; and like other FPS i've played, I'm skillful in automatic guns and in sharpshooting. I know ballistic well and able to follow directives pretty well. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it!

Thank you for having take time to read this and hope I will hear from you soon. During this time, I will finish my training.
Have a nice day,
K.

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 18:59 Profile Canada

I would suggest xfire to jump into the comunity some use steam to comunicate also just get in a server dont worry about friendly fire it happens to the best of players in the game..I would get a mic and make sure when joining a server pic one thats got the lowest ping possible and game its a fun game little bit buggy but over all the game is alot of fun..

P.S Dont worry about people giving you a hard time either just play your game and learn at the pace you want to...

Good Luck and HooaH

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

simat

Recruit

Posted: 06 Oct 2010 06:04 Profile

good to be here!

Mcclaud

Recruit

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 02:58 Profile United Kingdom

Hey everyone, name's Scott. I'm from the United Kingdom.

Found this game a while ago and started playing. Annoying PC needed reset so I had to redownload. This game is very good.

Have a nice day Smile

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 12:42 Profile Lebanon

Welcome to the forum Smile Hope you like the game ^^

SimprFudge

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 12:21 Profile United States

Hello Hello,

I am ShayneG. I am brand new to America's Army. I wanted to check out the boards and talk to people about the game. It seems like a cool idea, so I wanted to look into it. I'm pretty experienced with FPS (Borderlands, Halo CoD series), so I wanted to compare AA to that. Please PM me with any comments or thoughts. Thanks!

fusilero

Recruit

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 03:19 Profile

Greetings in this forum I recruit someone who can teach me how to play greetings from mexico

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 10:52 Profile United States

greetz to the new players..
there are several paces here to learn things: new player threads,clan/squad recruiting sections,just make a new post and ask any question.
the best way is to just jump in with both feet and watch the people ahead of you.most of the maps are small and easy to learn.and everyone is new once or twice Razz so just get in there and have some fun.

Welcome to New Players 

« Previous Page        Page 6 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: