Training Missions
AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Deploy Client 2 help 

bsa07eagle

Recruit

Posted: 07 Jun 2009 18:02 Profile

Hello I need some help with the new Deploy Client. I downloaded it as soon as I knew it came out, hoping that It would work for me this time. I also decided to uninstall my current version of the game because I had so many patches, map packs, and in-game problems on the game. So I opened up the new aadc to do a clean install and it immediately asked if i wanted to download. The file was 2.13 GB for full game, but it went relatively fast (about 300 kb/s on my 2mb/s connection, at least better than before). but then around 400 MB completed it said "Operation has timed out," i was able to restart dc and it continued where it left off. It did this multiple times, but finally finished downloading. When install started it said that file was corrupt and couldn't continue. I have since downloaded the executable version of 2.8.3 and patched it up to 2.8.4, but now I am stuck. The Deploy Client still wants to download the full version of the game, which I have up to 2.8.4, but I just need the 2.8.5 patch. I have reinstalled dc and it still wants to download the full game, which I have tried again with no success, how can I get the Deploy Client to just get me the 2.8.5 patch. As I said I have done complete uninstall and reinstall of dc many times. I have even tried to clear the reg entry. I guess my question is just how can I get 2.8.5 patch without doing a full install. Right now i have a clean install of 2.8.4, but i have uninstalled dc for now, although I have the executable file for it on my desktop. I can get my dixdiag if u guys need it. Please help me.

Also, I know that the mods will hate me for this, but I have the illegal server version of 2.8.5 saved, but not installed yet. Hey what can I say, nothing else works, and I have been trying ever since 2.8.5 came out to get it with many different versions of dc's.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 07 Jun 2009 18:48 Profile United States

Go to Start...Run...Type:Notepad <hitenter>
Copy the Code below to Notepads text area
Choose File and Save AS
Name it repairaa.reg (do not leave off the .reg extenstion)
Save the file to your desktop or somewhere easy to find
Right Click on the file repairaa.reg and Choose Merge
Choose Yes to add to registry
Choose OK to Confirm
Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\US Army]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\US Army]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\US Army\America's Army]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\US Army\America's Army\Operations]
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\\"
"Version"="2.8.4.0"

Note#1 Make sure this line: "InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\" points to the exact location of your installation of version 2.x

Note#2 Make sure this line: "Version"="2.x.0" points to the exact prior version (not the patch version)
Example: I'm on v2.8.4 and I'm patching to v2.8.5. The line would read "Version"="2.8.4.0"

Now Try to Patch

Note#3 If you still get this error, then the error is still in the registry, however it falls under windows installation components and you will need to to reinstall the prior version and then patch it. You would not be able to fix it manually.[/quote]

[USR]Lange wrote:

under vista x64 since 2.8.2 the installer REQUIRES its registry entry under Wow6432Node

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\US Army\America's Army]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\US Army\America's Army\Operations]
"InstallDir"="D:\\Games\\America's Army\\"
"Version"="2.8.4.0"

bsa07eagle

Recruit

Posted: 07 Jun 2009 19:47 Profile

Ok, thanks for your help. The reg change did make deploy client recognize my install. It said that there is a more current version of the game available and if i wanted to download it. It is 90 MB and downloaded without error. But once again at install it said download file corrupt and will be deleted. I tried again with no success. It gave me an error (I tried to attach a screenshot but couldn't figure out how).

Error message:
Save this data for support
File Hash 1: 0f47cf6f56c51dedfec1c0929d7f993fca51eb26
File Hash 2: 0F47CF6F56C51DEDFEC1C0929D7F993FCA51EB26
XML Hash: ebc750ae2bbe58937eac81c8e881bcd53d731d20

Hope you can figure this out.

decadakon

Recruit

Posted: 07 Jun 2009 19:48 Profile

when i first downloaded it wasnt working so i uninstalled through the control panel, then tried to reinstall and now i get a message saying it wont start and i need to contact client server or something along with the details ive included below....please help this game looks fun but i cant get it to work...thanks:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.0.6001.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3074
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Yujin/AppData/Local/Temp/AA2Deploy/AA2Deploy.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Yujin\AppData\Local\Temp\AA2Deploy\AA2Deploy.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/7/2009 7:40:48 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Yujin\AppData\Local\Temp\AA2Deploy\AA2Deploy.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/7/2009 7:40:48 PM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.Validate()
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.get_IsInstalled()
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

corey1693

Recruit

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 09:55 Profile

Iam having the same issue, same error message. I installed and uninstalled, and even did a system restore. Now when i try and start the AA deploy, it says the same thing as above post. Does anyone have a solutionto this problem? I cant seem to find any listed here.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 12:54 Profile United States

corey1693 wrote:

Iam having the same issue, same error message. I installed and uninstalled, and even did a system restore. Now when i try and start the AA deploy, it says the same thing as above post. Does anyone have a solutionto this problem? I cant seem to find any listed here.

.NET 3.5 is not installed?

.Mark

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 09 Jul 2009 22:09 Profile Holy See (Vatican City State)

decadakon wrote:

when i first downloaded it wasnt working so i uninstalled through the control panel, then tried to reinstall and now i get a message saying it wont start and i need to contact client server or something along with the details ive included below....please help this game looks fun but i cant get it to work...thanks:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.0.6001.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3074
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Yujin/AppData/Local/Temp/AA2Deploy/AA2Deploy.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Yujin\AppData\Local\Temp\AA2Deploy\AA2Deploy.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/7/2009 7:40:48 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Yujin\AppData\Local\Temp\AA2Deploy\AA2Deploy.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/7/2009 7:40:48 PM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.Validate()
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.get_IsInstalled()
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

I apologize it took so long for you to receive a reply! The below advice is something I can offer based upon limited knowledge of your error:

1. Click "Start", then "Run".
2. Type this into the box, EXACTLY AS SHOWN:
Code:

"%userprofile%\Local Settings"

3. Delete the directory "Apps"

The Deploy Client MUST be closed before you follow the above steps.

This should fix the issue. Please post back letting us know if it worked or not. Note this may affect other programs.

Deploy Client 2 help 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: