» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

America's Army Mentor Program FAQ 

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 15 May 2009 16:12 Profile United States

Lilith wrote:

Well, I thought I'd start this thread, and hopefully get the word out that the Program is starting, and I'm sure people have a lot of questions. I'm not one of the Betas or a Mentor, but I was one of the people who helped start the project become reality. This thread is a working piece, and will be updated with new information when it is available.If there are any more questions,or answers to the questions, you'd like me to post, feel free to PM me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was started by user Lilith who has stopped updating it. Special thanks to everyone for the effort given to get this turned into an official project.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start, please review this thread for what had been discussed. We'll learn from there, and add on to this thread as we go along answering the questions: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2694417
Here is your FAQ briefing on the Mentor Program:

When is the Mentoring Program going to start?

The inaugural session began 2009-01-16 at 2100 EST

Previous sessions:

2009-01-30 :
2009-02-13 :
2009-02-27 :

Saturday 23rd May : rummage
Saturday 6th June : ES2 bridge and ES2 sensor training
Saturday 20th of June : Pipeline
Saturday 11th of July : Weapons Cache
Next session:

5pm EDT UTC - 21:00:00 to your time zone.
This will be a basic training session.

You can join the Mentor AAIRC channel from within America's Army by following these instructions :

• Launch your game and click MAIN MENU
  • Click AA BROWSER
  • Click CHAT
  • Click CONNECT next to SERVER
  • For CHANNEL select #americasarmy (Or whatever channel you need.)
  • Click JOIN next to the CHANNEL you've selected.
  • Then type the following in to the chat bar : /join #aa-mentors

Detailed instructions with screenshots are available at the America's Army Game Manual Wiki.

*The Game Server will be running in "Cheat Mode" to assist our Mentors train you. However Only Mentors May Use In Game Cheats. Should any New Player be observed using cheats during a session they will be removed without question.*
**listen to all commands given by the mentors. Should any New Player be observed disrupting a session they will be removed by an AACM.**

Will this be training us all together, or individually?

Sessions are group training sessions, with a team of Mentors between 2 and 6 running the session.

Is there any VOIP info that players should have (e.g. get TeamSpeak or Ventrillo running in advance so you are prepared)?

All info that the attendees need is provided privately via PM in order that our resources do not get over run outside of session times. TS and Server IP and Passwords are provided to attendees on the day of the session.

Also, you must have a working copy of TeamSpeak and the current version of AA (2.8.5). For any problems with either of these please join the #aa-mentors AAIRC channel in good time so that our Mentors can assist you.

Can I be a Mentor?

Yes you still can, http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=290091

I am outside of the US will I lag?
We picked the New Jersey server as it is one hop from Germany and gives decent pings
to most of Europe but this is not really an issue because the mentors are there to teach
you. Afterwords you can take what you learn back to a server close to your location for
standard play.

WAFEL wrote:

Embedded Image

Romeo Time Zone is -5 hours to Zulu Time Zone (UTC)

This should be useful by choosing sessions.

Lilith wrote:

I just wanted to add a special thanks to the folks involved in the Mentor Project, and taking the time to arrange a session for lessons for folks of different skill and experience levels. I had a great time, and the first session was very informative. In time, the lessons will be refined when we learn new tactics and scenarios in combat.

I thank all of the mentors and the mentees who attended (as well as myself, but it would be silly to thank myself) for their participation in piloting the first public session. I hope this can help as a model for many clans and realism units playing AA, and possibly to apply this system to other games as well. It was how I hoped it to be.

If anyone does have any more questions or information to add, feel free to contact me. I hope I can get more info on future sessions.

Thanks.

{ONC}wOOfaBauk wrote:

Thx for the recognition Lilith.. Its very much appreciated..

I'm just glad we finally have the opportunity to give back & help create strong skilled players with good healthy ethics & playing methods.

HOOOAH!!!

woofa

USA_Sammy wrote:

I just love to help people have fun Smile thank you for the kind mention ~S~
Next session is ready for sign-ups: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=295016
Hooah!

Feel free to ask any new player questions
or questions about the AAMP here.

This program is run by a volunteer staff made up of a talented group of people who love the game and volunteer time on a regular basis, so stop by and say hi and play a few rounds on the public honor server and signup for the next class. I recommend this to everyone, new player and seasoned veteran alike will take something away.
I personally learn new things all the time (even if its just a different point of view)

Become one of our Steam group's members! Visit:
Embedded Image
Get insight on future events and more!

Last edited by [VGO]mmchaos on 27 Jul 2009 04:55; edited 8 times in total
Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 26 May 2009 13:52 Profile United States

Hi,

The FAQs were on hiatus for a while and I'm still working on it. Thank you for the consideration to continue with it.

Oh, and Saturday is the 6th, is it not?

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 27 May 2009 02:08 Profile United States

Yes.

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 13:07 Profile United States

updated ...

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 14:44 Profile United States

Actually, I wanted to keep going the original thread. There's no need for restarts since I didn't end it.

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 15:29 Profile United States

Lilith wrote:

Actually, I wanted to keep going the original thread. There's no need for restarts since I didn't end it.

the two month break did it.this is now an official thread.
we thank you for the work but it must be updated at all times.

and i really do appreciate the work you did.matter of fact if you still want to help i have a
few things that may be right up your alley.pm me or see me in the IRC for more info.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 18:22 Profile United States

Lilith wrote:

The FAQs were on hiatus for a while and I'm still working on it.

I already spoke to AACM earlier that I wasn't discontinuing my maintenance of it.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 14:47 Profile

Is there an AA mentor program for 2.5?
Thank YOu Nicecrew

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 19:14 Profile United States

nicecrew wrote:

Is there an AA mentor program for 2.5?
Thank YOu Nicecrew

IIRC, AA2 mentor program was pretty general, but 2.5 would have to be the least supported version of the game, but the principles should be the same.

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 19:36 Profile United States

lilith is right most tactics would be the same...
but not many people are still playing 2.5 so it would depend on how good the enemy players are.
but tips are free.and there is a lot of guides and info out there official and otherwise.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 17:34 Profile

Thank you for your answers. One more question. Might i be able to find a mentor within the program or out of the program? Thnx nicecrew

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 00:57 Profile United States

nicecrew wrote:

Thank you for your answers. One more question. Might i be able to find a mentor within the program or out of the program? Thnx nicecrew

If you're talking about in game with the fancy badge....

no.

This is more of a bunch of sessions where you have a couple mentors on, and the rest of the players learn from them. This is all done while playing on the mentor program servers just like any other server. it's the same as going to any server to play, but the focus mainly is about map-specific tactics and how to play the game. It's for both new and experienced players who want to get more out of AA. Think of it complementary to boot camp.

America's Army Mentor Program FAQ 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: