AA3 & NASCAR
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Realism Tournament 

COL-Beckwith_SFOD

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Apr 2009 21:33 Profile

The 1st Realism Tournament.

If your unit is interested, sign up at www.SFOD-Delta.com. There is forum just for the Tournament.

Each Unit, is allowed to have as many Squads in the Competition as they want. This allows Units to have multiple Teams in, instead of having to play as 1 unit.

Maps will rotate every week. What this means is that every Weekend, will will randomly Draw a map out of a hat and that is the map we will compete on for the following week.

The competition will be a Round Robin ending with a Tournament. This will be similar to the World Cup (International Soccer Competition). There will be anywhere from 1, 2, or more Groupings, the top teams will move on to a tournament and then 1 loss and your done. Depending on how many EU and NA Units/Clans we get to participate, the number of Groups we have and if one Group will be EU and one Group NA, is a possibility.

Starting Date: June 6th, 2009

This will take place only on weekends. Saturdays and Sundays.

Ending Date: Depends on how many Units we have involved. If anyone knows any other realism Units that would be interested, please feel free to invite them.

Rules:

1. No Bunny Hopping.

2. No Blind 203s, or DropShots. (MUST be able to see the area to use 203).

3. No Crouching or Prone Techniques.

4. Show Proffessionalism and Respect to everyone. (No whining about how the other team played or about players)

5. Must have a minimum of 4 members to take part in the competition. Only Maximum is if one unit has only a small number of members 4-6(Depending on map), the other unit is only allowed to have 2 times the number of men the other unit has. So, if one unit only has 4 and the other unit brings 10, they need to drop 2 members to keep it somewhat fair. (This makes it more realistic, as in real life, no battle is ever fought with the same number of men).

6. Must have the Team Roster and the GUID's submitted 1 week before the competition starts. All participating members will be checked by SFOD-D and ran through AON BG Check. Any questional people will be brought up to the CO of the participating Units.

7. 1 Person from another clan MUST be in your TS or Vent to make sure there is NO GHOSTING going on. SFOD-D will be happy to allow everyone to use our TS for Comms if you don't want to give your info out to anyone. I myself, COL-Beckwith, will be happy to admin this part, as well.

8. All missions will take part on the SFOD-D Honor Server.

9. Anyone breaking any rules will be given 1 warning. The next time they break any rule, they will be removed from the match and can partake in the next match. SFOD-D will admin the server and are willing to give admin to certain members of other units, to assist in admining the server for matches.

Rounds and Time Limits:

Rounds: 11
Time Limit: Between 6-8mins, Depending on the map. (This makes it more tactical and team oriented).

Days and Times:

Days: Saturdays and Sundays

Times: TBD, but will be at a time that Americans and Europeans can participate in it.

Server: All matches will be on SFOD-D Server or 75thR Server. Due to having EU Units/Clans in the Tournament, we are possibly going to get an EU Server, as well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself on XFire: colbeckwithsfod

Thank you for your time and hope to see you in the Tournament.

NLK

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:46 Profile United States

So, how are sign ups going?

BLooD_H87 [USMC]

Sergeant

Posted: 25 May 2009 18:20 Profile

Quote:

7. 1 Person from another clan MUST be in your TS or Vent to make sure there is NO GHOSTING going on.

That sounds like a pretty bad idea since its exceedingly easy to have 2 voice chat programs running simultaneously, or an IM chat program running during the match meaning someone could be listening to your voice comms and relaying position or strategy information to an opposing team. I'm sorry, I've been playing AA too long and I can't trust someone I don't know who is a member of the team I am playing, listening to my comms.

IF you want this idea to fly, SFOD should supply neutral admins to be on comms during matches. The sponsoring team of a tourney should be responsible for things like this, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

ReconPatrick

Private

Posted: 26 May 2009 17:15 Profile United States

Quote:

IF you want this idea to fly, SFOD should supply neutral admins to be on comms during matches.

Good idea.

Last edited by ReconPatrick on 26 May 2009 17:21; edited 1 time in total
ReconPatrick

Private

Posted: 26 May 2009 17:18 Profile United States

Sorry for the double post.

Incufer

Recruit

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 23:17 Profile

nvm

Realism Tournament 

Page 1 of 1