because of this not-so-well known issue of 2.8.4 linux server crashing with wrong default bootup map, id like to know what maps are you guys using to start your linux servers, and if you could also add some featrured info about server/settings, id appretiate information also would be fun to know what kinda servers do ppl actually run, because i know theres plenty of linux boxes around, but none really knows how many ;)
so if possible answer the following please:
1. default bootup map
3. game version if not 2.8.4
4. do you use additional params for bootup script than "usual" stuff, what?
5. how often you reboot your army server
6. other information ie user experiences experiences
thank you in advance for all the fellow linux aao admins
ill start this listing myself
1. SF Hospital/Urban Assault (for match server)
2. CentOS 5.2
4. No, just basic bootup litany
5. every 24h (automated boot script)
6. very reliable and "easy" to maintain after the usual hassle with setting up the servers at this moment server does regular banlist etc updates automatically and kinda keeps itself up alone, gotta <3 linux [/b]
_____________________ Banned? Your brother, friend, dog using your account excuse won't work!!
I have set up a VM to test my pb scripts, practice pb webtool etc... our clan is working on something like toro webtool, so we need a server to test it on.
2) debian etch
4) basic setup with pb, webtool enabled
5) havent gotten it to crash yet, maximum uptime is one working day (8 hours)
6) PBWebTool doesnt work with Safari or lynx But it works great with telnet:
telnet -N 192.168.0.150 9000
POST /pbsvweb HTTP/1.1
The presence of logos, URLs or other information identifying private companies or other non-federal entities does not constitute an endorsement by the Department of the Army or the Department of Defense.