Server Admin Info
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 14 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Remember when... 

SDF

Sergeant

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 23:01 Profile United States

Remember when the maps where actually large, and rounds could last the full ten mins? (Mountain Pass) Those were the days, where the fear of death meant waiting nine mins to play again. A good reason not to run and gun.

-SDF A.K.A TheOnlySDF-

Don Quixote

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 07:19 Profile

delete me

Last edited by Don Quixote on 06 May 2010 18:42; edited 1 time in total
Mc_H@mm3r-[v.3]

Recruit

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 14:55 Profile

Remember when you could do firerate editing to make your gun shoot fasting in the console ... or when there was so many people playing u couldnt get into a server or pick one at that , an yes the long night on ts with many people laughing fighting owning and alot of teamwork , when you could crouch n jump quicker , open n close doors while reloading those were the days .hands down to 2.7 and down very good now a days u cant pick between being bored or playing aa 2.x n being bored and the opimization for 3 is so bad have to update pc. miss the old days when it was competeing with counter strike n almost a simple game like it but way better miss you aa :{

Lepardi

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 07:18 Profile

SDF wrote:

Remember when the maps where actually large, and rounds could last the full ten mins? (Mountain Pass) Those were the days, where the fear of death meant waiting nine mins to play again. A good reason not to run and gun.

This! Mountain Pass was epic fun, got you really immersed with the fear of death. Hitting the dirt just in time while inaccurate 203 fire across the map starts hitting near your position blowing up one of your teammates, all this while getting intense MG fire at you. When it settles down with the mortars you start taking out those MG gunners with your trusty M24, and your team can advance...

PapaBear=VX9=

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 18:25 Profile United States

Lepardi wrote:

SDF wrote:

This! Mountain Pass was epic fun, got you really immersed with the fear of death. Hitting the dirt just in time while inaccurate 203 fire across the map starts hitting near your position blowing up one of your teammates, all this while getting intense MG fire at you. When it settles down with the mortars you start taking out those MG gunners with your trusty M24, and your team can advance...

x3 Cool

Dregun

Recruit

Posted: 05 Jan 2010 13:39 Profile

I haven't played AAO in years!

I remember when they first changed from HOME servers and the game was unplayable for a short while due to lag.
I remember when the Authentication servers would crash and people could log in under any name (even yours)
I remember when you could throw a grenade from the crates into the broken roof of IC
I remember when you didn't play Bridge if certain clans where on because you would get owned!
I remember binding my keys to say messages silently as well as produce text to let my team know my location
I remember loading up an offline game to practice throwing grenades, learning recoil X distance and 203 arc.
I remember when they introduced the Honor system
I remember camping at Bottom PC of IC and nearly sh@tting myself when opfor would pop out from tunnel.
I remember "tricking" the door by opening it just a crack, causing opfor to have to close it before they could open it again.
I remember once 2 of my clan members rushed the mountain from camp and ended the game in under 40 seconds.
I remember a certain sniper who would sit on top of the broken roof and kill 3 people before anyone got a shot at him.
I remember 203 mortars coming through broken roof of IC and my clan mate who did it with ease.

But most of all I remember being called a [TOS Violation] because I was just that bloody good with a SAW. Then they released the first version of Punkbuster and I lost all my accuracy with it and everybody said it was proof that I was cheating. Then I remember going back in and practicing with the SAW again to re-learn the slight adjustment they made to the recoil and then being called a [TOS Violation] again.

I miss this game (or the memory of it I should say); I poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into the game, met some really nice people and had a great time doing it. I often get the urge to fire up the game, but every time I did I would get kicked from private servers because of "cheating" Sad

It's a shame that it sounds like the game is dying a slow death; at its peak it was one of the greats!

{DH} Dregun

SkunkCap

Private

Posted: 06 Jan 2010 16:15 Profile

remember when urban assualt was like the most popular map, and the clan [uBp] was like one of the most popular besides like C2C and usmc, and also i9.

Lepardi

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 14:41 Profile

Dregun wrote:

I remember when the Authentication servers would crash and people could log in under any name (even yours)

I played with [Dev] tags when it happened and people would always get fooled lol

=AL=Capone

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 15:27 Profile

where's the time i was playing a whole night long on bridge... I quit the game with 79honor for over 4-5 years ago.
And i realy was a bridge addicted

RIP FuLL-MeTaLJaCKeT

Rambo-[USMC]

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 16:02 Profile

SkunkCap wrote:

remember when urban assualt was like the most popular map, and the clan [uBp] was like one of the most popular besides like C2C and usmc, and also i9.

LOL! Yeah..... I remember that!

Haven923

Recruit

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 02:24 Profile

Remember when we had shotguns? Only available through force class, and they weren't really shotguns. More like REALLY inaccurate pistols with no sights Very Happy Speaking of which, remember pistols for snipers? A sniper could grab a rifleman's gun when they died, and have 3 guns. They were considered tanks then, lol. Wow, I miss shotguns.... I still remember before they had rag doll for death, too. When it first came out, it was sooo glitched. Never really fixed it, either (bodies hanging from elevator shaft ladder, impossible positions, etc. I remember the sprint glitch, ladder glitch, and the glitch where you look through a dead body to see through smoke grenades Very Happy Also, I miss hand signals. They need those in aa3. I remember there used to be a way to bind your character saying "frag out" when you were throwing a smoke or something....

Also, anybody remember dummy nading? Would drop a grenade and use the bind and everybody would run for their lives. Then just pick up your grenade Laughing

Haven923

Recruit

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 02:26 Profile

Double post for the win

Anybody remember the clan [GB-CQB]? The Green Berets. We were the #1 ranked clan on aaotracker for a long time before our leader randomly deleted out ventrillo and website..... That was a fun clan. We used tactics more than anything, and that made us UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

Dang you, KRAM....... Why did you have to kill a good thing....

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 14:29 Profile United States

Do you remember all the dumb nub kids crying and complaining when a new patch or version came out-

Oops- that was yesterday..................

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

iKNOWitALL

Recruit

Posted: 13 May 2010 00:48 Profile United States

Remember when you could do drop shots with the 203 on Radio Tower. Yeah I also remember the days when you had to wait to get into a server because the game was so popular. I also remember when the last guy in a match would get flashed for the last 5 mins. of a round by our whole clan.

Come on Devs. give us back our old game. Nobody likes the new one! Your beating a dead horse trying to fix 3.0!

JiNx433

Recruit

Posted: 18 May 2010 11:10 Profile

Dregun wrote:

I haven't played AAO in years!

I remember once 2 of my clan members rushed the mountain from camp and ended the game in under 40 seconds

{DH} Dregun

If you're talking about Mountain Pass, remember typing "16CP" right after spawning so your team knew you were going Central Peak?

Or while sprinting using two v's to make a w so you could type while running.

Remember when... 

« Previous Page        Page 14 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: