Open Letter
AA3 & NASCAR
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

[Idea] Night Time Border 

WoLver!ne

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 04:57 Profile

I am a big fan of border along with many others, im also a fan of playing night maps so i thought why not put the 2 together and have a night border, but a proper night map where you have to use your night vision etc, and maybe even make it with SF weapons. Just and idea ive had if anyone wishes to make it would be cool to have border the same as it is only night time and maybe SF weapons, i reckon it would be good fun.

-]specOps[-mr.203

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 11:20 Profile Switzerland

I could do it for you, im just on another work for someone on this forum, but doing it nighttime and make it sf will cost me 10 mins ^^

-]specOps[-mr.203

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 15:39 Profile Switzerland

http://files.filefront.com/Bor...fo.html

Here it is ^^

WoLver!ne

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 20:47 Profile

how do you put it in the mission depot and make it active for other players to use, i dont wish to take credit for someones elses work i only had the idea.

WoLver!ne

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 01:52 Profile

maps dodgey theres invisible walls and stuff, when you turn on night vision everything disapears etc no texture and some buildings roofs disappear, anyway you can just make it night border exactly the same as the noraml day time one?

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 05:21 Profile Portugal

NO MORE REMAKES! Do something of your own.

WoLver!ne

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 07:12 Profile

and who asked for your opinion ive got a bunch of guys as in 50+ wanting to play a night border so im here trying to get 1 made

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 07:50 Profile Portugal

WoLver!ne wrote:

and who asked for your opinion ive got a bunch of guys as in 50+ wanting to play a night border so im here trying to get 1 made

What's the point? There are over thousands of remakes of everysingle map, do you really think that if some one wants to play a new map will want the exact same one that he/she already has?
It seams like so, I really can't understand what the hell is wrong whit you people.

Menu options:
1.burger whit chips.
2. chips whit burger

hum, I think 2 tastes better then 1, completly diffrent thing.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 10:13 Profile United States

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:

WoLver!ne wrote:

What's the point? There are over thousands of remakes of everysingle map, do you really think that if some one wants to play a new map will want the exact same one that he/she already has?
It seams like so, I really can't understand what the hell is wrong whit you people.

Menu options:
1.burger whit chips.
2. chips whit burger

hum, I think 2 tastes better then 1, completly diffrent thing.

Sorry your not the map police littlecasperkid........He can ask and recieve whatever he wants, if someone is going to make it for him.....

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

-]specOps[-mr.203

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 16:47 Profile Switzerland

lol litlecasperkid

Its actually not my style of maps i like but i thought it could be a nice action if i would do that.

So why u dont shut up and play ur own made maps, i bet u couldnt make a simple building in the mission editor...

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 16:56 Profile Portugal

-]specOps[-mr.203 wrote:

So why u dont shut up and play ur own made maps, i bet u couldnt make a simple building in the mission editor...

Says the guy that can't even use Tags.

Back on topic, it's junk, we already have tones of that. there is absolutly nothing new, there is absolutly no reason why I should download this version when we have the oficial version. And there is no Ad hominem that is going to change that.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 17:04 Profile United States

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:

-]specOps[-mr.203 wrote:

Says the guy that can't even use Tags.

Back on topic, it's junk, we already have tones of that. there is absolutly nothing new, there is absolutly no reason why I should download this version when we have the oficial version. And there is no Ad hominem that is going to change that.

I don't think he cares if you dl it or not. As your opinion is welcome here, don't expect everyone to agree with it.

WoLver!ne

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 22:15 Profile

yeh i really fail to care if anyone likes it or will d/l it as its what myself and my clan wants and what many other border lovers wish to try out.

On another note are you able to fix up what happens with night vision and buildings and textures disappearing?
The guys dont want SF weapons either as they think poeple will just spam everywhere with G.

If your able to make it exactly the same as the day time version only night time and night vision, so none of the map changed etc, and still fog on it but only the same as whats already there.

Contrails

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 14:46 Profile United States

I personally also don't like remakes, but what I think you, Master_Ghost_Knight, are talking about really only applies to AAMD which is the realm of Pragmatic (which means that no one but them has any say over anything Sad )...

for personal use it's more than completely fine, and I bet almost all of the mappers here started out tweaking their favorite maps before moving on to creating their own from scratch (which is also a way I would encourage people to learn mapping).

But back on topic: try selecting all the BSPs, static meshes, movers, and go into vision and put false for both normalvisiononly and nightvisiononly... spawns are already aptly covered in the general mission editing forum.

daisy055

Recruit

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 20:37 Profile

yeah, i have tried to make a night mission of SF Snakeplain without much success, if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

[Idea] Night Time Border 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: