Name that AA map!
AA3.0.6 Update
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Why did they stop? 

osufreak47

Recruit

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 15:41 Profile United States

Does anyone know exactly why they stopped making new mac versions? Crying or Very Sad i dont see a clear answer and just wanting to know...

greerhead

Private First Class

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 15:46 Profile

one of the volunteers or devs had to port the game all by himself and he had to stop for unknown reasons

osufreak47

Recruit

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 15:53 Profile United States

well thanks...i guess...i made a petition but now i feel slightly [TOS Violation]

osufreak47

Recruit

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 15:53 Profile United States

maybe not smart is a better word

Milyardo

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 09:35 Profile United States

Quote:

one of the volunteers or devs had to port the game all by himself and he had to stop for unknown reasons

The reason is not unkown, he got a new job.
http://icculus.org is his website. He now working on many projects, the main one being the port of Unreal 3 to Mac and Linux.

armorpiercing

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 14:17 Profile Germany

I wish they find another guy like him.

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 02:14 Profile United States

The game's point is to be a recruiting tool, and the game of course has its allocated resources (time, money, etc.). Us Mac users represent a really small portion of the target audience, so they decided their resources were most efficiently spent on Windows. It sucks because I'm on a Mac, but I can see why it was done.

Then later Apple decided to switch to Intel CPU's, which I think was like the last nail in the coffin. People on newer Macs who want to game are going to use Boot Camp & Windows. And if you played 2.5 on a PPC Mac (I had a PowerMac G5 2GHz x2, 2GB RAM, Radeon x800 256MB), they could barely run 2.5 as it is.

So basically what was a already small audience to start with, is getting smaller while at the same time those buying new Mac's can run the Windows version.

historylover00

Private

Posted: 17 May 2010 03:32 Profile

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI- wrote:

The game's point is to be a recruiting tool, and the game of course has its allocated resources (time, money, etc.). Us Mac users represent a really small portion of the target audience, so they decided their resources were most efficiently spent on Windows. It sucks because I'm on a Mac, but I can see why it was done.

Then later Apple decided to switch to Intel CPU's, which I think was like the last nail in the coffin. People on newer Macs who want to game are going to use Boot Camp & Windows. And if you played 2.5 on a PPC Mac (I had a PowerMac G5 2GHz x2, 2GB RAM, Radeon x800 256MB), they could barely run 2.5 as it is.

So basically what was a already small audience to start with, is getting smaller while at the same time those buying new Mac's can run the Windows version.

absolutlely agree with you

Why did they stop? 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: