New Videos YouTube
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

PB Heartbeat Garbage 

CHINDI

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 10:44 Profile United States

I have tried the Utility Tool as well. It was one of the first things that I did. But alas still the same result. It has to do with that PB update of about a week ago. Before then I had never even heard of heartbeat error.

-][SI][-$eb@^

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 10:56 Profile Poland

Maybe new PB update would stop heartbeat of this error? Smile

CHINDI

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 12:51 Profile United States

Dont count on it PB started this whole mess

-][SI][-$eb@^

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 13:19 Profile Poland

Guy from 3-lions clan told me that answer for this error is on evenbalance.com. I've searched for it in FAQ, Support, but I didnt found any questions and answers for this problem. Maybe my english isn't enough good for this Razz If you could search for it on evenbalance.com, maybe you can find answer for our error.

Greetings.

CheatersRuinedIt4Me

Private First Class

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 13:21 Profile

You could try re-installing the Punkbuster service from:

http://www.evenbalance.com/dow...svc.exe

The FAQ this link came from is here: http://www.evenbalance.com/ind...faq.php

-][SI][-$eb@^

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 14:17 Profile Poland

I've tried it 5 mins ago. Still not working ;/. I've uninstalled PB and installed it again - still not working.
Also I've launched pnkbstrB.exe in start->launch, without any success...

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 14:17 Profile United States

CHINDI,

try to delete contents of pb folder then run pbsetup.exe

{T3}Fx2

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 15:23 Profile

none of this stuff works

ive tried everything and i cant believe nothing is working
i dont know what to do

so someone come up with something so i dont have to leave AA for good

-][SI][-$eb@^

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 17:26 Profile Poland

I think that last chance is reinstall windows... I'm gonna try it, but I'm not really sure if it works. So many ideas for deleting this error and nothing works... :/

CHINDI

Recruit

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 20:11 Profile United States

I have tried deleting the contents of the PB folder several times. But the result is the same. The boys from Evenbalance have not figured this out either. The thing I dont understand is that this is there software.

You would think that they would be able to tell me what a heartbeat.exe error is and what the causes may be.

I have tried uninstalling PB and then reinstalling PB
I have tried deleting the contents of the PB folder as well
I have tried restoring my comp back to a time before this problem
I have tried uninstalling AA and reinstalling.AA
I have tried this as well

Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\
Find "PnkBstrB.exe" and delete. Reboot the PC and go into your game. (Note: You may have to do this two or three times for the B component to be properly/fully updated, and this only works if its complaining about the B component.) This fix only lasted 3 days

I have tried the steps that are listed for PB kicks
I have tried the Americas Army Utility Package
I have tried installing the previous drivers for my video card.
I have tried plugging directly into my router and have even tried a different router

The problem started with that PB update of about a week ago. It also seems that other players are having this problem as well.

Evenbalance needs to be able to at least diagnose their own software

I have a support ticket open with them and this is the canned response i got from them

Note #2: Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.

Punkbuster A and B are both allowed in my firewall
Punkbuster A and B are both running in my services as well

CHINDI

Recruit

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 23:34 Profile United States

This is getting really old. Still no response from the minds at evenbalance

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 06:24 Profile United States

Give them a bit longer, they have their hands full with several issues

Sl@dePerkins

Recruit

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 19:43 Profile

Sorry to say but as a Computer Engineer for a fortune 50 company I can't get PB to work with 2.8.4 as well. It appears if you ever had a version of AA on the machine, your hosed.

I have removed the folder, rerun setup as well only to have servers boot me. Funny thing is, 2.8.3 worked fine just last week before I had to update.

Use to enjoy the game but this certainly makes me go elsewhere for FPS fun.. Fallout 3, Far Cry, etc.

AA messed up here. Yeah yeah its Even balance. But servers use PB like a bible and you can't play when you can't get in the door.

AA should invent their own hack software and get it to work.

Very dissapointed in what I am seeing these days with AA. Not the path for an application to take.

[Shadow]Thief

Recruit

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 20:02 Profile

The problem its not in any kind of software that you have installed in you pc,or with any kind of previous installs of the game...i can asure that...i did everything that i found in the internet about this issue,and nothing seems to work...i even get a format to my laptop...and with a fresh windows install,and a freshh install of the game...same error...
Since that PB updates in the 11 th day of this month,i cant play...9 days without playing cause Evenbalance and PB are messing with us players...
For me its 1 more day of waiting...if this isnt fixed tomorow,i quit playing for good!

Sl@dePerkins

Recruit

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 20:05 Profile

But some people are playing fine. Trust me, I am done. way too many games out there to waste my time on getting this to work.

I agree, It is not the software its something with PB.

ALSO< THE UTILITY Thread......yes the utility cleans up stuff but PB still is JUNK and does not work.

Farewell Soldier

PB Heartbeat Garbage 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: