Deploy/AMW Features
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

2.5 Assist OUT NOW - Update PB, Serverlist, Much More 

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 14:31 Profile

2.5 Assist is now out!
This is a installation utility for Version 2.5 of Americas Army, It automatically downloads and installs AA on Windows, Mac And Linux. It also checks and installs all the patches and updates and includes a built-in server browser and stats screen.
This will make getting up and running with AA as easy as a few clicks of the mouse

Visit http://25Assist.com

ABOUT 2.5 Assist
Americas Army 2.5 Assist is deigned to make the process of Installing and getting into AA as easy as possible. If you are new to the game this Application will fully automate the download and installation of the game from it’s own repository server and handle all the needed updates and checks. It will guide you through the process of creating an account and then load your account details automatically when you first play.

If you already have America’s Army 2.5 this Application will make a copy of your existing installation and put it into a completely separate folder so it does not alter your existing installation and then bring everything up-to date. Once you are happy you may delete your old installation of AA

Last edited by Deletedaccount on 06 Jan 2009 08:55; edited 4 times in total
Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 15:07 Profile United States

Whatever happened after 1.2.3? I don't think anyone would need another AADC clone when people have the option to direct download.

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 16:07 Profile

Its just to make it easier for people to get started and has everything you need in one place.

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 16:20 Profile United States

I think you'll like it once you give it a run. I've tested it on Windows and OSX, and true it has alot of things that already exist elsewhere, but I find it extremely convenient to have all these tools in one place. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 16:44 Profile

New version out today.. 1.2

Deploy should automatically update itself, if it does not download from http://25deploy.co.uk

Whats New...
Fixed Segmentation fault under Intrepid Ubuntu (linux).

Better handling of PB Updates (linux).

Checks if compiz desktop effects are running and option to turn it off (causes graphics corruption in the game)(linux).

Option to change the sound driver America's Army uses to OSS or ALSA. (for those of you having sound problems)(linux).

Added a fullscreen/windowed option (All Platforms).

Enjoy.

Lady Amethyst

Posted: 03 Nov 2008 14:11 Profile United States

FYI - this client is not supported by America's Army.

Embedded Image
Embedded Image

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Nov 2008 16:06 Profile

Version 1.31 Released
New Features..
Completely re-written code for launching AA (Mouse Bug) (MAC)
SafeMode Mouse driver option (LINUX)
Fixed standing dead people bug(LINUX)
Option to load-in your config files from your old install (Mac & Linux) (will not show up if your old config files are not there)
Fixed major bugs with the built-in chat room (ALL)

Enjoy.

Kolavar

Recruit

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 01:14 Profile

Lady Amethyst wrote:

FYI - this client is not supported by America's Army.

It isn't, but it should be Very Happy

Hoping that AA3 goes back to its roots and support all the client platforms that AA used to support,
Kolavar

(Blitzer)

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 01:35 Profile

Most excellent deploy for linux.

Thank you so much Cheesy Grin

I hope AA:O can implement all future programs as nice as this is !

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 18:24 Profile

2.5 Deploy Version 1.51 Released.

Changes,

Major re-design of the user interface, Looks more like its part of the game.
Ability to join passworded servers.
Lots of minor bug fixes.

The primary server is now back up so downloads should be back to full speed.

See http://25deploy.co.uk

nano404

Recruit

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 18:50 Profile

AA may want to have a quick word with its deploy partners, I downloaded 1.2.1 today from one partner, and I saw 1.2.5 on another one's site... now 1.5 is out? I think you should urge them to keep things up to date as you may end up with a buggy, outdated version without knowing better.

Just my 2 cents.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 19:57 Profile United States

nano404 wrote:

AA may want to have a quick word with its deploy partners, I downloaded 1.2.1 today from one partner, and I saw 1.2.5 on another one's site... now 1.5 is out? I think you should urge them to keep things up to date as you may end up with a buggy, outdated version without knowing better.

Just my 2 cents.

1.2.5 is the new AADC version. 2.5 is a different version of AADC, but it's not REALLY AADC.

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Jan 2009 06:52 Profile

Change Log 1.6

Assist server manager added...
Unique Features,
-For the first time ever, You can run a server on a mac and have it show up in the server list!
-mAAp fully integrated, mAAp pack maps on deploy server manger run in authorised mode with full authorizion and honor correctly displayed. You can change mAAp maps without the server disappearing from the server list and also the server can be hot swapped between Normal, Border/Dusk and mAAp pack modes without needing separate server installation for each. Server can be switched between modes using the in-game F12 menu.
-Server is constantly monitored so if it crashes or freezes it is automatically terminated and restarted.
-Options for HackHunter, PB banlist and Weapon forcing all built in.
-Display of players currently in the server with ability to pull stats and Background check ETC.
-Checks ports are open before stating to avoid any problems.
-Supports MultiHomeing so server only binds one network interface.

Added Ability to change where Assist stores its files and the AA installation by creating a folder next to the AA-25Assist executable simply called '25deploy'...

For example if you want to put deploy on the D: drive (windows) in a folder called AA, You would move AA-25Assist.exe to D:\AA\ and then create the folder D:\AA\25deploy\

If you already have Assist set-up before doing this you will then need to move all the files over from the old deploy folder to the new one!
The Old Deploy folder can be found here...
MAC OSX /Users/-USERNAME-/Library/Application Support/25Deploy/
LINUX /home/-USERNAME-/.25Deploy/ (Hidden Folder)
WINDOWS c:\Documents and settings\-USERNAME-\Application Data\25Deploy\
VISTA C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\25deploy\

Enjoy!
http://25Assist.com

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 07:27 Profile

Version 1.63 released.

Change Log...

Updates to Hotfix B2 on Mac, To make use of new HSF-SMBS.

HSF-SMBS server list moved onto a faster and more reliable server with master lists obtained from multiple sources so should never go down... Hopefully.

Assist Server Manager now working properly on All Platforms, Including Windows VISTA, Sorry for the buggy release last time.
Added GUID tracking option to Send PB GUID information in the GameSpy query To/From AAOTracker, This provides safer and more accurate tracking.
Server manager tested and fully operational in Regular and mAAp modes on the following platforms:-
Windows 2000 Server
Windows XP Home/Pro
Windows 2003 Server
Windows Vista Home Premium
Linux Ubuntu 8.10
Linux Fedora 10
Linux Cent-OS 4 Server
Mac Tiger
Mac Leopard

Enjoy!

Deletedaccount

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 09:28 Profile

Version 1.71 Released.

Many new features and bug fixes but best of all includes the new mAAp pack 5.0, A collection of the best community made missions for America's Army, The New mAAp Pipeline mission included with this pack is based on the upcoming AA3.0 version.

Download only takes a couple of minutes so give it a try.

Embedded Image

2.5 Assist OUT NOW - Update PB, Serverlist, Much More 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: