Open Letter
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

How Your Game Score is Calculated 

patheticcockroach

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 09:59 Profile Europe

Franzuu wrote:

Your points are updated when you leave the server and at the end of a set of rounds.

I guess I'll have to test this again. When I played in 2006 I'm 100% sure that the points were updated only at the end of a set of rounds, and only for the players still connected at this time. I didn't really check this behavior again recently, but I can tell that my jacket recorded far less ROE than I got (-85 whereas I suppose I got around -300 within the last week... and lots more in total). The stat-recording features have always been kind of clumsy... They're much better now (they don't forget to record the maps I play like they used to do 3 years ago Confused ), but still far from perfect.

-Freek-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 10:31 Profile Netherlands

patheticcockroach wrote:

Franzuu wrote:

Your points are updated when you leave the server and at the end of a set of rounds.

I guess I'll have to test this again. When I played in 2006 I'm 100% sure that the points were updated only at the end of a set of rounds, and only for the players still connected at this time. I didn't really check this behavior again recently, but I can tell that my jacket recorded far less ROE than I got (-85 whereas I suppose I got around -300 within the last week... and lots more in total). The stat-recording features have always been kind of clumsy... They're much better now (they don't forget to record the maps I play like they used to do 3 years ago Confused ), but still far from perfect.

that is because like u said..the ingame stat tracking is far from perfect atm
only decent source for stat tracking in aa is aaotracker.com

(mind i said decent..not perfect)

so score does get added..u just dont always see it in ur jacket

Embedded Image

[UN], The Movie:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/UN..._Noobs/

patheticcockroach

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 10:46 Profile Europe

-Freek- wrote:

Actually, I was considering that if it's not added to the jacket (= official stats), it's not recorded. So this explains why I was sure the stats aren't "recorded" except at match end, while you were sure they were always "recorded". It was a matter of definition Cheesy Grin aaotracker isn't official, thus I don't really care about what they record (and ppl who get kicked for ROE don't either).

-Freek-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 11:06 Profile Netherlands

patheticcockroach wrote:

-Freek- wrote:

Actually, I was considering that if it's not added to the jacket (= official stats), it's not recorded. So this explains why I was sure the stats aren't "recorded" except at match end, while you were sure they were always "recorded". It was a matter of definition Cheesy Grin aaotracker isn't official, thus I don't really care about what they record (and ppl who get kicked for ROE don't either).

so ur saying that if u leave a server early...it does not gets added simply because you do not get the message that is has been added? Confused

oh well...as long as ur aware of that ur viewing the subject from a wrong side im cool with it Very Happy

patheticcockroach

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 11:36 Profile Europe

-Freek- wrote:

so ur saying that if u leave a server early...it does not gets added simply because you do not get the message that is has been added? Confused

No, I'm saying it doesn't get added to my jacket, because I don't see it added to my jacket (like the ROE I talked about, I'd be flattered that you believed I actually "earned" only -85 ROE over my whole playing time Very Happy ). And maybe it gets added to external, non-official trackers but I don't really care about those.

-Freek- wrote:

oh well...as long as ur aware of that ur viewing the subject from a wrong side im cool with it Very Happy

Cheesy Grin

Edit: I just played like 20 rounds of MOUT McKenna, my jacket was updated twice with XP... but it didn't record that I played the map MOUT McKenna... Mad

Franzuu

First Sergeant

Posted: 04 Apr 2009 20:03 Profile Estonia

It has to be MILES for it to record

USA_Sammy

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 26 May 2009 10:54 Profile United States

MILES and your jacket: info here: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2797036

ms5pwl

Recruit

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 12:08 Profile

Very useful thread =)

Just to expand on the subject, how many points exactly do you score throughout the game?

Enemy kills are seemingly self-explanatory, and ES2 pts are displayed, but it the points acquired from completing objectives that stump me.

How many points does one get for:

1) completing an objective, and do they differ depending on importance to the mission?
2) a teammate completing an objective, and do they differ depending on importance to the mission?
3) being alive when a teammate completes an objective, and do they differ depending on importance to the mission?
4) being dead when a teammate completes an objective, and do they differ depending on importance to the mission?
5) How exactly do the points get awarded based on your alive/dead status?
6) And are things different between Co-op and MP maps?

Sorry, too many points for a first post.

SoCal65

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 10:57 Profile United States

Arrow Up Variable based on mission and circumstances.

Embedded Image
Embedded Image

Sioux-Bombardier

Private First Class

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 18:28 Profile

Gee, thanks. this is a very useful post.
i think you should add this to the game's help menu

The South Will Rise Again

Spl1nt

Sergeant Major

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:14 Profile United Kingdom

Great guide. Thanks. Smile

It will help many players.

How Your Game Score is Calculated 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

Jump to: