Common Solutions
AA3 Mentor FAQ
AA3 Easter Egg's
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

How Your Game Score is Calculated 

SoCal65

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 15:15 Profile United States

Here is an explanation on how your game score is calculated.

You can bring up the Scoreboard while in a match by pressing F1.

At the top of the scoreboard you will see various categories:

Embedded Image

• Score = Your total points so far in the match
  • Goals = Points gained by doing objective(s), winning a round, healing others if a medic, staying alive
  • Leader = Points gained by being in a leader role (team or squad) - the more of your team that stays alive the more points you receive. If you or your team dies you can receive negative points
  • Enemy = Points for killing the enemy (10 points in multiplayer maps, 1 point in coop maps)
  • KIA = Times you've died x10, e.g. you die 3 times, score will be -30
  • ROE = Negative points for shooting or killing teammates or AI civilains. You will receive an additional major ROE penalty for shooting/killing teammates at the very beginning of a new round

Note:
  • Negative Leader points will be treated as a 0 when computing overall score
  • If when subtracting KIA from Enemy the difference is negative, the combined score will be treated as a zero when computing the overall score
  • Only ROE can lower your overall score below 0

This is the scoring formula:

Score = Goals + Leader + [ Enemy - KIA ] - ROE

Look at the following examples of actual game scores...
  1. 860 = 845 +15 + (70 - 170) - 0
  2. 265 = 290 + 15 + (30 - 70) - 40
  3. 230 = 200 - 15 + (180 -150) - 0
  4. 100 = 100 - 5 + (50 - 50) - 0
  5. 45 = 150 - 10 + (50 - 70) - 105
Notice how the red scores do not affect the overall game score.

Embedded Image

Additional Reading Material:
In-Game Menus
How do I get more Honor?
How many points do I need to score before I reach XX Honor?
Honor and Rules of Engagement
America's Army Game Manual

Embedded Image
Embedded Image

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 05:17 Profile Brunei Darussalam

SoCal65 wrote:

Enemy = Points for killing the enemy (10 points in multiplayer maps, 1 point in coop maps)

In co-op maps, killing vehicles gives you 10 points. You should add this. Smile

Nice guide anyway, very usefull for everyone. Very Happy

mikeusa8

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 05:20 Profile United States

Thanks for the information SoCal. Nice guide.

.Mark

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 31 Jul 2008 05:23 Profile Holy See (Vatican City State)

Nice guide with a thorough explanation of HONOR, and here's a question that many people ask on servers:

How often is my overall experience updated as I play America's Army? I noticed that at the end of each match a message stating that my personnel jacket has been updated is displayed. However, I personally thought that score was updated every-so-often, regardless of the length of the match? Also, if someone is ROE kicked, is it true that their ROE is multiplied by 2 as they are kicked? If I LEAVE the server, or if it CRASHES, what happens to my x,xxx points?!

Sorry it's large.. but I really want an "official" answer on this question. Too many different answers on servers I play on.

SoCal65

Posted: 31 Jul 2008 09:38 Profile United States

Your score is updated at the end of each match and when you disconnect. I have seen some matches that have 30 rounds - it would be unfair to make people wait for the match to end before getting points.

If your game crashes, or the server crashes, you may lose the points you've made since the last upload.

There is a ROE kick penalty - I don't think it is 2x your current ROE at time of kick.

Non-confirmed:
I found info in a 1.5 game changes file that stated the kick penalty was reduce from 1.25 limit to .5 limit of ROE kick value.

e.g. If ROE kick is set at 400 then the penalty would be an additional 200 points.

I don't know if it's been changed since then...

sohel

Recruit

Posted: 28 Aug 2008 13:06 Profile

experience updated as I play America's Army? I noticed that at the end of each match a message stating that my personnel jacket has been updated is displayed. However, I personally thought that score was updated every-so-often, regardless of the length of the match? Also, if someone is ROE kicked, is it true that their ROE is multiplied by 2 as they are kicked? If I LEAVE the server, or if it CRASHES,

SoCal65

Posted: 28 Aug 2008 13:09 Profile United States

Please read the post above yours.... Confused

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 28 Aug 2008 13:47 Profile United States

You should also add the fact that FC scores for Kills is cut in half (they say it is reduced from normal scoring, but it is half). I'm not sure about the other statistics, but the ones affected in weight by your kills will add how much you have scored in kills.

drjunk

Recruit

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 13:41 Profile

SoCal65 wrote:

Your score is updated at the end of each match and when you disconnect. I have seen some matches that have 30 rounds - it would be unfair to make people wait for the match to end before getting points.

So what happens if you disconnect before a match ends, in between the rounds? Do the points go to your jacket?

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 14:33 Profile United States

SoCal65 wrote:

If your game crashes, or the server crashes, you may lose the points you've made since the last upload.

There is a ROE kick penalty - I don't think it is 2x your current ROE at time of kick.

Non-confirmed:
I found info in a 1.5 game changes file that stated the kick penalty was reduce from 1.25 limit to .5 limit of ROE kick value.

e.g. If ROE kick is set at 400 then the penalty would be an additional 200 points.

I don't know if it's been changed since then...

I had to reread this, and I don't know why I didn't, but for a heads up, the score is only applied to your jacket at the end of the round, not also at the moment you disconnect. Independent trackers, like AAOTracker keep realtime scores and statistics on its own, but since AA uses MBS, which is partially functional, the system in the game only updates scores and statistics directly to MBS and only at the end of the round.

I believe I said this before in another thread, but I'll say it again. Yes, honeslty I took advantage of this loophole. Everytime I earn ROE, whether accidental FF or when a bug occurs, none of my scores will apply to my jacket until the end of the round. This means I can ply 4 or 5 times before the entire round ends and the game restarts everyone's scores to 0 and applies to their respective Personnel Jacket. if I quit or disconnect before the round end, I not only lose my points I earned, but I also "erase" the record of the ROE.

I always know when my jacket is updated because after the point scores are restarted, the white console message pops up saying that my score has updated and tells me my final score. This is the only time this happens in the game. it does not update every time you "respawn" in the beginning of a match. but only when it cycles off.

pedramasl

Recruit

Posted: 02 Nov 2008 03:38 Profile Turkey

thank you lilith and SoCal65 nice tips

Powerful

Recruit

Posted: 30 Dec 2008 08:00 Profile

Can someone explain in PM? I'm dumb =P

Naruto Fans Unite! Very Happy
"He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom."

Jesant13

Recruit

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 10:43 Profile United States

Very nice guide, seeing I haven't downloaded the game yet (I'm away from home) but now when I do download the game I'll know how the score system works. Thanks! Smile

patheticcockroach

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 09:14 Profile Europe

Lilith wrote:

Yes, honeslty I took advantage of this loophole. Everytime I earn ROE, whether accidental FF or when a bug occurs, none of my scores will apply to my jacket until the end of the round. This means I can ply 4 or 5 times before the entire round ends and the game restarts everyone's scores to 0 and applies to their respective Personnel Jacket. if I quit or disconnect before the round end, I not only lose my points I earned, but I also "erase" the record of the ROE.

Sometimes I do that too. It hardly compensate all the points I lose for not playing until the end of some 20+ rounds long matches anyway... The "funniest" thing about this behavior is that the players who do so many ROE that they get kicked are forced not to get their ROE recorded. Funky... Cheesy Grin

Franzuu

First Sergeant

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 09:42 Profile Estonia

Your points are updated when you leave the server and at the end of a set of rounds.

How Your Game Score is Calculated 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: