Webmaster Asset Kit
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Forum Specific Feedback - Post it here! 

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 04:36 Profile Brunei Darussalam

it was available into old(est) version of the site, because already clicked links had a slight different color, so it was kinda easy to see where you had already posted and where not.
Rolling Eyes

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 08:27 Profile Brunei Darussalam

one thing: in a older version of the forum, there were shown some statistics about "#users registrated", "#users active today" , "who is active now" and so on?
would it be possible to have them back?

m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 11:45 Profile

I would have to agree with some of the earlier comments about differentiating a threads icon or even link; it would come handy in most cases for users to follow-up on what they've previously posted.

Oh, and the discussion board statistics can be found @ http://www.americasarmy.com/co...ums.php

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 16:39 Profile United States

Ok, just today some of the Community Managers may have moved posts from one forum to another. Well, I am seeing doubles in the latest posts list (which doesn't update itself very often), and clicking one link will turn up a blank, and the other with the same thread line that shows the thread. Not I know the missing thread did not get deleted, but rather, moved, but having doubles make sit looks like the poster posted it twice, which is obviously not the case here. My recommendation: foward the original moved post from the missing post that was in the original thread to the other, or eliminate the missing post line, showing only one subject line per thread, reducing confusion.

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 08:16 Profile United States

Long posts, such that include 'dxdiag', should collapse within themselves with an arrow attached to it for the option of opening these long posts. It isn't necessary for everyone to review these long posts and should be an option in the user setup.

Pardon me if this has been discussed. I did not search this.

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 09:05 Profile United States

I agree with (1VB)Bud. It's been bugging me for a while, and it really adds up to the number of pages in the forum, and a waste of space.

R45

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 12:42 Profile Canada

[VET]Bud wrote:

Long posts, such that include 'dxdiag', should collapse within themselves with an arrow attached to it for the option of opening these long posts. It isn't necessary for everyone to review these long posts and should be an option in the user setup.

Pardon me if this has been discussed. I did not search this.

It's something that has come up internally recently. A number of solutions are being considered. Here's the options on the table:

• Add a [dxdiag] BBCode tag, or something similar, that would enclose the text in a box with a vertical ceiling. That is, there would be vertical scrolling or the data would be collapsed by default. The problem with this solution is it requires users to use the BBCode when creating posts. The most common posts with Dxdiag information are support requests, which are usually made by newer forum members who wouldn't know the tags exist.
  • Add a vertical cap (for a set amount of pixels) for all posts, that would add vertical scrolling to any post.
  • Allow file attachments, where the Dxdiag dump file would be attached rather than being pasted into the post

These are just some of the ideas on the table.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 14:56 Profile United States

I can live with either of the first two, but I'm going to be concerned about attachments. How is that going to work for the people that don't know how to do that exactly?

Automatic vertical scrolling might be the best of the 3, since it will reduce the wall of text and the amount of scrolling required to get to a certain point in the thread.

Last edited by Lilith on 28 Mar 2008 19:17; edited 1 time in total
The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 18:12 Profile Brunei Darussalam

personally, I am for the first solution: easy, good and "stylish". Cool

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 04 Apr 2008 11:27 Profile United States

Looking into the 3rd option, I see a problem if the forum becomes infected (in any way). In a thread, for example, there was a problem with posting certain content. I think this should be resolved, and amend the new change to the posting rules and procedures thread for the forum.

m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 04:23 Profile

Option one would suck bad, having to edit all the posts to attach the BBCode tags. Option two is the more user-friendly one and therefore most suitable choice in my opinion because the user doesn't have to do anything but post. Option three with the attachments would be neat, if restricted to text (.txt) files only, because you have to save the DXDiag report as a text (.txt) file before you can actually view and copy it to post on the forums.

(Just my two cents)

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 08:38 Profile Brunei Darussalam

About searching, is there a way to look only for PICs?

R45

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 12:26 Profile Canada

The_Lost_Marauder wrote:

Unfortunately no, that isn't possible.

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 13:53 Profile Brunei Darussalam

R45 wrote:

The_Lost_Marauder wrote:

Unfortunately no, that isn't possible.

not even by searching for the tag {IMG} and/or {SHOT} ??? Rolling Eyes

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 14:03 Profile United States

I think it can be possible. Just refine your search engine, or have some way to automatically put the pics over in a photo gallery, so we can view all the silliness of AA. Smile

Forum Specific Feedback - Post it here! 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: