FAQ Support Issues
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Sounds and zones: 

[hwy]m0t0rm0uth

Private First Class

Posted: 06 Feb 2008 18:30 Profile

I'm in the final stages of a map, and here's my problem:

The cricket sounds from out side are bleeding through the walls and terrain into other buildings and into the series of tunnels underground. I think I've pretty well red most of the tutorials that I have come across, and don't recall seeing anyhitng resembling this. I've also searched the forums, but to no avail.

What I've done:

Limited the sounds to the zone they are in (didn't help).
Shrinking the distance that players should be able to hear the sounds (helped a little, but can still hear them underground).
Created other ambient sounds to try to cover over the outdoor sounds (didn't help...I can still hear the crickets).
Looked at different settings of other maps (nope).
Many other tweaks here and there, but to no avail.

Anyone can help or shoot me a link with info on this? Thanks greatly!!!

{FRJ}ZarO!O

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 07 Feb 2008 14:26 Profile Brazil

I had the same problem with Graveyard SF, but in may case the sound was the wind, so it wasn't so strange to hear it inside the compound since it has some openings that could allow some of the surface sound to penetrate on a real environment.

I think you had covered most of the techniques I used to solve this problem. The only thing I think is strange is that when I limited the sound to the outdoor zone it worked perfectly. The problem was that when you crossed a ZonePortal dividing the outdoor zone and the indoor zone the sound was muted instantly. So I decided to limit the sound radius and add extra indoor sounds to override the outdoor sound.

So I think you need to do something else to limit the cricket sound to the outdoor zone.

Have you set the bIndoorZone to true on all indoor ZoneInfo actors? Have you assigned a Events Tag to the outdoor ZoneInfo and set the "ForcedVisibilityZoneTag" of the cricket sound with the corresponding Tag?

[hwy]m0t0rm0uth

Private First Class

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 13:02 Profile

{FRJ}ZarO!O wrote:

Have you set the bIndoorZone to true on all indoor ZoneInfo actors? Have you assigned a Events Tag to the outdoor ZoneInfo and set the "ForcedVisibilityZoneTag" of the cricket sound with the corresponding Tag?

Yes, I did the bIndoorZone to true for the indoor zones.

I didn't try the Events Tag, though. I'll try that and see what happens. I may just have to reduce (even more) the sound radius.

Thanks for the reply!!

{FRJ}ZarO!O

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 14:45 Profile Brazil

[hwy]m0t0rm0uth wrote:

I didn't try the Events Tag, though.

This will certainly solve your problem. Put a tag in the outdoor ZoneInfo Event properties like "Exterior" or "Outdoor". The name of the tag doesn't really matter, as long as you match it with the "ForcedVisibilityZoneTag" under the Display tree of the cricket sound actor.

Wolf-van-Eden

Recruit

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 08:36 Profile

I have solved the problem in other way.
I have build 1 times and 2 Times 2-asided zoneportal.
It works!
More Soundradius more zoneportales. :-)

I wait for the following problems Very Happy

Sounds and zones: 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: