Page Jump        Next Page »  

Most Common Topics+Answers 

LT_Koblinsky

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:09 Profile United States

-mercinary- wrote:

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

air force? no...I'm talking the dfac at Ft. Leonardwood. That was good food.

Good ole Ft. Lostinthewoods, MO.

That place is terrible. During one three day period, there was rain, snow, sleet, hail, and sunshine. The temperature ranged from about 20 F to 75 F, or at least it felt like it.

-mercinary-

Sergeant

Posted: 07 May 2009 15:42 Profile United States

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

-mercinary- wrote:

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

air force? no...I'm talking the dfac at Ft. Leonardwood. That was good food.

Good ole Ft. Lostinthewoods, MO.

That place is terrible. During one three day period, there was rain, snow, sleet, hail, and sunshine. The temperature ranged from about 20 F to 75 F, or at least it felt like it.

Welcome to Missouri

coldguy

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 08 May 2009 12:16 Profile United States

Ft. Useless (Eustis),VA has a very nice DFAC that some of the AIT students eat at. I once recieved a turkey leg there that exceeded the load limits of my tray.

can happen that sometimes hope produces mistakes Smile

I agree with the President - Kanye West is a jack-[TOS Violation]!

FamilyGuyFan

Sergeant

Posted: 08 May 2009 15:50 Profile United States

coldguy wrote:

Ft. Useless (Eustis),VA has a very nice DFAC that some of the AIT students eat at. I once recieved a turkey leg there that exceeded the load limits of my tray.

WOW...lol. And you still remember that...

BTW, I hope they DO put your MOS in-game. I REALLY want to see you eat that beret...lol.

That's something I would remember.

-Templar

Recruit

Posted: 11 May 2009 11:08 Profile

Quote:

Holding Our Breath as Sniper/Designated Marksmen

The US Army teaches snipers and designated marksmen to shoot at the top and bottom of their natural breathing cycles. If another army does it differently, go talk to them and ask them to make a game.

tell them to make a game xD

-Templar

Recruit

Posted: 11 May 2009 12:00 Profile

Quote:

Melee

While it is certain that no melee attack will ever be added to the current 2.X series of AA, Pye, has hinted that we may get a melee feature for AA3 at some point:

You need to change this because we now know that there is melee attack as it is shown on beta.

mischlig

Private First Class

Posted: 12 May 2009 15:00 Profile Germany

hello, i was looking at the new http://www.aa3.americasarmy.com/ page and i havent seen any Special Forces Weapon. is it the same with aa1 and the special forces will be added later or never?

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 12 May 2009 15:31 Profile Argentina

mischlig wrote:

hello, i was looking at the new http://www.aa3.americasarmy.com/ page and i havent seen any Special Forces Weapon. is it the same with aa1 and the special forces will be added later or never?

It is supposed that SF will be added later on ( somewhat like AA 2.x did ), but I wonder what will make these guys "SF".
In 2.x you have the SOPMOD Kit for the M4 and some Indigenous forces, but it seems that regular infantry will have access to weapon moding in 3.0 Neutral

LT_Koblinsky

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 12 May 2009 16:41 Profile United States

wow, there are people who still don't knw this information?!

-mercinary-

Sergeant

Posted: 16 May 2009 03:09 Profile United States

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

The search box is the most underused tool of any forum.

FamilyGuyFan

Sergeant

Posted: 19 May 2009 19:18 Profile United States

-mercinary- wrote:

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

Agreed. But it also matter what search terms you use. A lot of people WRITE their question out with a question mark at the end, instead of using simple keywords related to the topic.

game_freak62

Recruit

Posted: 19 May 2009 20:21 Profile

Will there be a Mac/Linux version?

The odds are good that there will not be a Mac/Linux version. This is because the Army's target audience are teens to young adults in the United States. The amount of people who fall into that category who also use a Mac/Linux system are small. Even smaller is the amount of people in that category who would join the Army. That makes it not worth the time and money to develop. As for having other people port it, the Army wants to develop the game in house, they would have to contract those people, which costs time and money.

Actually, the Linux/Mac gaming community is larger than that. And actually, a big part of the Linux/Mac gaming community is getting Windows games to run on Linux/Mac. Direct X compatibility from compatibility layers or emulations are terrible, but opengl support on Linux is great(it's really the only 3D option left after Direct X). I would think that if an opengl rendering were done for the game, Linux/Mac gamers would find new and inventive ways to make the game run on their systems.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 May 2009 02:41 Profile

game_freak62 wrote:

The odds are good that there will not be a Mac/Linux version. This is because the Army's target audience are teens to young adults in the United States. The amount of people who fall into that category who also use a Mac/Linux system are small. Even smaller is the amount of people in that category who would join the Army. That makes it not worth the time and money to develop. As for having other people port it, the Army wants to develop the game in house, they would have to contract those people, which costs time and money.

Actually, the Linux/Mac gaming community is larger than that. And actually, a big part of the Linux/Mac gaming community is getting Windows games to run on Linux/Mac. Direct X compatibility from compatibility layers or emulations are terrible, but opengl support on Linux is great(it's really the only 3D option left after Direct X). I would think that if an opengl rendering were done for the game, Linux/Mac gamers would find new and inventive ways to make the game run on their systems.

i think your answer is no there bud, i could be wrong but they answered this in another topic its only windows platform as far as we know it try going to aa3.com or what ever the page is it dosent have either of those os listed as of yet.

LT_Koblinsky

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 20 May 2009 13:52 Profile United States

FamilyGuyFan wrote:

-mercinary- wrote:

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

Agreed. But it also matter what search terms you use. A lot of people WRITE their question out with a question mark at the end, instead of using simple keywords related to the topic.

Don't you think they'd have already had practice with google and youtube...geez.

game_freak62

Recruit

Posted: 20 May 2009 14:17 Profile

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

game_freak62 wrote:

i think your answer is no there bud, i could be wrong but they answered this in another topic its only windows platform as far as we know it try going to aa3.com or what ever the page is it dosent have either of those os listed as of yet.

I have no doubt they have. I was suggesting that if the game had an alternate rendering in OpenGL, then Linux/Mac users could make ways to install it without having a native install for those operating systems without having to worry about how poorly Direct X games render through emulation on those platforms.

Most Common Topics+Answers 

« Previous Page        Page 24 of 26     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: