» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 23 of 26     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Most Common Topics+Answers 

Beleg_Heronion

Private

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 14:05 Profile United States

Casper5 wrote:

Going back to the sniper breathing thing, I thought they taught snipers to time their breathing and take the shot in between inhale/exhale. My friend says there should be a "hold breath button" because "If I was going to take an important shot, I would hold my breath, then fire."

Technically you're not supposed to "hold your breath"...you need to shoot at the END of a breathing cycle (after you take a breath, or after you have let one out) and then shoot BETWEEN your heartbeat. On AA try shooting between the heartbeat (the thump-thump) you hear when zoomed in with a scope...that is when the shots are easiest.

As in: Inhale...BANG!...exhale...BANG! and so on

Beleg

Franzuu

First Sergeant

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 06:43 Profile Estonia

you don't hear your heartbeats in AA

Beleg_Heronion

Private

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 08:31 Profile United States

Get some good quality sound and crank it way up on 2.8.4....I know I can hear mine if I pay real close attention and no one else is shooting.

Wisper7

Recruit

Posted: 25 Apr 2009 13:13 Profile

but I like my ability to hear, thank u. I'll pass on going deaf

Aleksandarcox

Recruit

Posted: 03 May 2009 06:50 Profile Bosnia And Herzegovina

This with blood is sad...
Well, if GORE definetly won't be implemented, blood level should go up. At least a little bit.
Because... I have totally different opinion. Lack of blood and gore would definetly make younger people more agressive, because then some people can think that REAL war(shooting) is a game, and nobody dies, and that It's something good. That's It in fact just a game without consequences. It definetly can have negative effect on younger people.
I know that purpose of this game is to attract younger people to the army... but... some things... It's not game's or Dev's fault, but system of USA and EU. We can't go by elimination system. But, if we go by that, then to stop violence solution is to kill all people from the earth. No people, no violence. Everything, everyone has something that teoretically can have negative effect. But, that doesn't mean that we won't sell drugs (medicine), because 1 in 10 000 people can have negative effect. This situation must change, rapidly.
All I can tell for the end, is that realistic war games destroyed even that little agression in myself that I had. Cool

Franzuu

First Sergeant

Posted: 03 May 2009 06:57 Profile Estonia

I am just fine with the puff of red. Cod4 and BF2 don't have blood at all.

Aleksandarcox

Recruit

Posted: 03 May 2009 07:08 Profile Bosnia And Herzegovina

Well, COD4 has nice amount of blood. Very Happy

Oh, and I don't say that I won't play AA because of blood, but spoke i generally about situation. Blood definetly can't give violence issues to anyone. But, I can't guarantee that for in-game violence. All in all, this rating rising because of blood is disasterous. Evil or Very Mad

FamilyGuyFan

Sergeant

Posted: 04 May 2009 09:13 Profile United States

War is terrible, and bloody, and most soldiers will say they wish they never had seen war. This game in no way transfers that reality to a person. In the end, the idea is to show how the whole process and daily life of a soldier is, and I guess that's okay. But this is a shooter game, so really it's about war. There's no "mess hall" or "chow time" level...lol.

In the end, AA's "realism" factor is ALMOST self-defeating. The amount of realism and tactics is impressive, but the lack of the same realism in other areas (the true horror of war) is shameful.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 04 May 2009 12:18 Profile

FamilyGuyFan wrote:

War is terrible, and bloody, and most soldiers will say they wish they never had seen war. This game in no way transfers that reality to a person. In the end, the idea is to show how the whole process and daily life of a soldier is, and I guess that's okay. But this is a shooter game, so really it's about war. There's no "mess hall" or "chow time" level...lol.

In the end, AA's "realism" factor is ALMOST self-defeating. The amount of realism and tactics is impressive, but the lack of the same realism in other areas (the true horror of war) is shameful.

i wouldnt call it shamful, yes sadly people go to war, yes sadly people loose there life's, its not shameful if your fighting for something you belive in, i know people that was in veitnam, and they wished they never seen it as well, the thing is just becuase we try to play a diffrent style of lowering our standard's like others will do by using any means necarry to defeat there enemy, we belive in fredom, we belive in or country, and lastly we belive and the brothers in arms next to each other, eventhou you may never see them again as same as your self.

shameful is a harsh word, but its reailty, i dint think the guys feel shameful at all doing there duty.

when you die in game now you dont come back, you have to wait to the round is over, consider it like a cat with 9 lives or more, each new round begins a new path and hopefully you dont make the same mistake twice. what more realistic is that, its a virtual battlefeild combat shooter, its only a game compared to real life. it saddens me!

LT_Koblinsky

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 04 May 2009 20:52 Profile United States

FamilyGuyFan wrote:

oh that'd be great if a way invented to incorporate a mess hall and actually taste the food.

FamilyGuyFan

Sergeant

Posted: 04 May 2009 21:41 Profile United States

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

FamilyGuyFan wrote:

i wouldnt call it shamful, yes sadly people go to war, yes sadly people loose there life's, its not shameful if your fighting for something you belive in, i know people that was in veitnam, and they wished they never seen it as well, the thing is just becuase we try to play a diffrent style of lowering our standard's like others will do by using any means necarry to defeat there enemy, we belive in fredom, we belive in or country, and lastly we belive and the brothers in arms next to each other, eventhou you may never see them again as same as your self.

shameful is a harsh word, but its reailty, i dint think the guys feel shameful at all doing there duty.

when you die in game now you dont come back, you have to wait to the round is over, consider it like a cat with 9 lives or more, each new round begins a new path and hopefully you dont make the same mistake twice. what more realistic is that, its a virtual battlefeild combat shooter, its only a game compared to real life. it saddens me!

I did not mean that those who are unfortunate enough to have been in a war are shameful. I apologize if that is what came across. I think if you re-read my post you will see it was not towards soldiers, but the lack of the reality of war.

This game is about war. All the training is really great, but it's just filler until you get to the real meat and potatoes. If this game's "purpose" is to introduce people to the life of a true US soldier, it stops short in the reality department when it comes to war.

Or to put it another way, if a person were to play this game, and then immediatly get thrown into the middle of a war with his weapon, would this game show him the true reality of his situation?

[hwy]Crow

Sergeant

Posted: 05 May 2009 02:40 Profile United Kingdom

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

FamilyGuyFan wrote:

oh that'd be great if a way invented to incorporate a mess hall and actually taste the food.

I've been to a USAF mess hall and eaten their food before. If I chew the mousepad, I could almost swear I'm eating their "mac & cheese"...

Is that what you had in mind? ;)

LT_Koblinsky

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 05 May 2009 21:14 Profile United States

air force? no...I'm talking the dfac at Ft. Leonardwood. That was good food.

-mercinary-

Sergeant

Posted: 05 May 2009 22:51 Profile United States

LT_Koblinsky wrote:

air force? no...I'm talking the dfac at Ft. Leonardwood. That was good food.

Good ole Ft. Lostinthewoods, MO.

nmay956

Recruit

Posted: 05 May 2009 23:18 Profile

whats everyone going to be talking about on May 27th? ;)

Most Common Topics+Answers 

« Previous Page        Page 23 of 26     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: