» See more topics

Page 1 of 20     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Welcome! 

[Dev]AceKilla

Developer
Developer

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 16:59 Profile United States

Welcome to the America's Army v3.0 forums!

This new forum space has been created to provide a place for the AA community to discuss the upcoming 3.0 version of America's Army. This forum section will also provide a place for project staff and developers to interact with the community regarding AA v3.0.

To start things off, we'd like to take this opportunity to answer some of the frequently asked questions about America's Army v3.0:

- "AA3" refers to the entire next-gen America's Army platform (with the initial public release being AA v3.0). We will continue the iterative development model we have been using in AA2 by regularly adding new content and updates (v3.0, v3.1, v3.2, etc. with the ability for mini updates in between major releases).

- The AA3 platform will be an entirely new game, built from the ground up using Epic Game's Unreal Engine 3. This means we're creating everything from scratch - all new assets, all new missions, all new sounds, and all new weapons.

- We are currently targeting a Fall 2008 initial release date (v3.0).

- The exact AA3 minimum/recommended specs have yet to be determined and likely won't be for a while. The goal is to make the game as scalable and accessible as possible while also taking full advantage of the latest technology available. The specs will likely be similar to Unreal Tournament 3 specs when that releases for the PC this Fall.

- Players will be creating a new player account for AA3; however, we're pursuing ways to tie in your original AA2 account/character, such as giving special AA3 achievements to veteran AA players with confirmed AA2 accounts.

- At this time, we are planning to support both the Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems for AA3. By the time we ship, UnrealEngine3 (and thus AA3) will likely have support for both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10.

- The initial release of AA3 (AA v3.0) will be the core game with content updates consistently being rolled out. To put that in perspective, the AA2 game you currently have now (v2.8.1) is the result of 20+ major releases and 6 years of development.

- The AA2 platform is far from dead! We're still developing future content for the current generation of America's Army as well. There are many cool new features and levels coming to AA2 (and this will likely continue through the initial AA3 release).

I hope this information answers some of the general questions you may have had about the future of America's Army on the PC. More information about AA3 will be coming in the future as we get closer to the release.

Please remember that anything stated in these forums by official America's Army staff is subject to change. We are striving to keep the community as informed as possible, but we are operating in a dynamic environment.

We are all very excited about the future of America's Army and we can't wait to share it with you all. Until then however, please use this forum section to discuss all things AA3 related.

...oh, and FIRST POST! Cheesy Grin

[MIA]KCToker

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 01:13 Profile United States

Nice, good to hear we finally have a place to put all this stuff, will really help un-clutter a couple forums.

Oh and SECOND POST! Cheesy Grin

TheGunny wrote:

Abstract is to Art as KFC is to chicken

Finger licking good?

$witchBlade

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 01:14 Profile United States

Nice third post, http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/ looks bad Razz

[MIA]KCToker

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 01:19 Profile United States

$witchBlade wrote:

Nice third post, http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/ looks bad Razz

lol
Yeah, that does look bad, but by tomorrow morning, it should be fixed, along with all other major issues.

-Field-Ops-

First Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 01:42 Profile United States

holy jebus! i like the new look to the forums! and thank you for that info regarding 3.0. honestly i didnt know some of it. i wish the best will go toward the development of 3.0 and that 2.x will live on Smile

{FRJ}ZarO!O

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 02:37 Profile Brazil

Cool. This forum will be very popular.

Does the Army have plans to include a Mission Editor on AA3?

taco_truck

Private

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 03:37 Profile United States

This site is awesome! Love it, and thank you for all the hard work that you have done in serving us, the community! Hooah!

Endboss

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 03:50 Profile Germany

good job! nice to see some news

DrCR

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 04:45 Profile

Admins,

Any potential on bringing back support to Mac OSX and Linux? Question

While I do expect to get a nope in response, I hope this hasn't been entirely forsaken.

Thanks for such a great project otherwise! I'm happy to know at least some of the money I mail off to the IRS every year is going to good use lol. Cheesy Grin

DrCR

+TheSaint+

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 04:49 Profile United States

A special thanks are in order for R45 and the entire Web Applications Team for getting our new site skinned, updated and published in time for Independence Day! This was a huge collective effort and we hope everyone enjoys the new look and feel.

Thanks are also in order to the Army and the entire AAPA Team for dropping this special announcement and new forum section on us! This won't stop the freight train of patch mania, but it might slow it down! Mr Green

Let's hear a big hooah for all those involved in bringing us these updates!

Happy 4th of July!

Backernater

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 06:11 Profile United States

Any news on linux?

[red-vex]

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 06:11 Profile

Thank you, and good job with the new look of the forum. I'm going to love it and can't wait to see the 3.0 Hooah!

Skyracer

First Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 06:21 Profile United States

Great job guys!

:: IRC Status :: My Video's :: Web IRC Client::
Embedded Image

james_bondy

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 06:40 Profile Australia

Wow this site hasn't changed in a very long time lol, looks good.

+TheSaint+

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 06:50 Profile United States

Backernater wrote:

Any news on linux?

Regarding Linux/Mac, I don't know the status of the Unreal Engine 3 on those platforms. if the game runs natively in DirectX I would think that it would be considerable work to port it over to OPEN GL. With the next generation of Macs being able to run Windows under Boot Camp, I'm having g hard time seeing support for additional platforms. This is my logical guess, but is not reflective of what may or may not happen in the long-term. The developers or someone on the Army staff would have to clarify the matter.

Welcome! 

Page 1 of 20     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: