» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

BootCamp and America's Army 

apollo.MSST

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 23:48 Profile

Dear barefeettom,

It's unlikely to happen soon, but I've been emailing Ryan and some other devs about it and am still awaiting a reply. The best bet though is to hope Apple market shares go through the roof so that it will be considered a valuable investment to the Army (and so that my stock will do better).

But if you install Windows, just do what I did and delete every program in it besides IE (to update AA) and AA. Everything else can go, and you never have to browse to viral websites (just do it in OS X– XP is gaming time, not internet browsing time! ;) )

MSST - Mobile Sniper Strike Team

invizibl

Recruit

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 07:45 Profile

- i was wondering if anyone ever hit a memory problem or some kind of hitch during the installation? - doubtful because you would have mentioned this... but i seem to have encountered a strange problem.....

bootcamp has been working fine - even the download seemed to go well - but when i install it it has a "CRC failure" when its almost done unpacking....
if anyone has had this problem please let me know - likewise, if anyone has a workaround please lemme know.....

p.s. - i am redownloading now to see if there was a problem with the download - but i truly dont think it will work.

- Inviz.

Macbook Pro (Brand New)
2.4 Ghz.
256 mb VRAM
160 GB (7200rpm)
( all updates)

[BM]Fez1010

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 09:16 Profile Netherlands

So does the problem come up when you are installing the drivers from bootcamp, or when you install windows itself?

invizibl

Recruit

Posted: 25 Aug 2007 16:58 Profile

the problem was simply a transmission problem.. i redownloaded and it works... but it seem i have hit another hiccup

- i cannot use a VoIP client (teamspeak) becasue it simply doesn't pick-up the mics in-put... anyone have suggestions?

- I think it may work with a USB mic because it would be using different drivers.. but i dont wanna buy one just yet......

as always any suggestion would be helpful....

lilwad3

Recruit

Posted: 26 Aug 2007 12:37 Profile

i dont know if that will ever happen again barefeettom, you gotta think of what it takes to port something over to another platform way more time. something not a lot of guys have in the army, im in the army myself so i mean you're not always able to keep doing something constantly to please everyone else. windows was the way to go since of course thats one of the main platforms they work with in the army and what most people use. i to have an intel-mac and wished i didnt have to install windows but hey its only 32 gigs at the most it can install with bootcamp beta. google steve jobs and bill gates cartoon, its crazy as hell, but its funny. basically shows you that even though windows is on the machine gates still cant hide from the ghost in the machine (the mighty finder). back to the platform, powerpc is a crazy architecture, its really hard to take a game that worked for an intel and put it into power pc platform, you gotta think OS X is different software that did run on a different setup.... if it was intel mac to begin with maybe we'd have more luck on getting it started back up there would only be a software port. even though linux is a software port instead of mostly hardware, have you ever ran linux ??? the crap you gotta do just to install most anything is time consuming. ex. (in terminal, configure, let that run for a good while. Make..... let that run for a while. Make Install let that run or a while... then you finally got something oh ya no lib files..... takes way longer make or make install wont work).

lilwad3

Recruit

Posted: 26 Aug 2007 12:41 Profile

oh ya btw apollomsst is the man hes got it right LOL. dump windows for browsing stick with os x LOL. i used a G3 mac before i got this one, all i did was browse, windows was my game box, but hey if you spend 3000 building a hardcore machine you dont want it to break [TOS Violation].

{RvE}HEHMOR=J

Recruit

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 15:38 Profile

lol, dude, install windows and some anti virus software, then use that partition for gaming, whatever. Unless you leave your network wide open or have some evil 1337 h4x, no worries.

$noop

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 18:47 Profile

Well i got a 20" 2.4GHz iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (the new ones) and it runs beautifully. I got AA maxed out in everything and its runs smooth (2.8.2) Even doing better then some of the windows players with their fancy gaming machines Very Happy

Snoop

AACommand
News - Coverage - Tactics - Forums

[GET A SERVER SIG HERE]
Embedded Image

Cvjetno

Recruit

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 09:33 Profile

I'm curious if anyone knows where I can download 2.5 for Windows? Still got friends on that version but I can't play it under OSX since it isn't universal Sad Halp plx

(Playing on a new 20" 2.4GHz Intel iMac btw)

[BM]Fez1010

Private First Class

Posted: 07 Oct 2007 04:38 Profile Netherlands

Go here: http://www.gamershell.com/down...0.shtml

-Stalker

Recruit

Posted: 09 Oct 2007 13:41 Profile

I have the new versions of the MBP and am using Parallels to create a virtual partition for Windows XP. It works flawlessly but my machine has the 8600 gts nvidia card in it.

The software bundle does cost extra unlike bootcamp and it requires an installation of windows so you would need the media and product key to get it up and running.

Major difference between Parallels and Bootcamp is that bootcamp forces you to boot up in windows and then reboot to get to your mac os x but in parallels, you just boot the computer up and it will load the Mac OS X. Once the machine is up and running, double click the windows virtual drive that it will create on your desktop and it will launch the Windows that you have installed (works for all versions of windows that I am aware of). It shares all of the components of your computer with the windows virtual drive that it launches like the cd rom, NIC, video card, sound card, and it launches in either a window mode or you can toggle it to full screen. You can size and resize the hard drive space that you give it, can allocate a certain amount of system RAM just for it to use, and if you are done using the windows partition, just close it and all the resources are free'd back up and your able to use Mac OS X and Windows at the same time and send files back and forth between the two using a swap file.

Basically a way for people that use programs that are only working for windows or are Fully functional in windows like Vent so you can do what you want on your MAC OS X and also have full capabilities on programs that are only designed for Windows at the same time with out requiring a reboot.

Neat program and is fully compatitible with games and software alike.

VuRyser

Recruit

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 07:43 Profile

Hi Guys,

I got my MacBook a couple of months ago, it's a 2Ghz C2D with 2Gb ram.
AA runs great with BootCamp and XP, absolutely no trouble at all.
I use an external keyboard and mouse though as I noticed I was getting a bit heavy handed in the heat of battle ;-)

SuperFr3ak

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 11:10 Profile

VuRyser,

Yes, it does get quite hot. But it does play oh-so-well. Hope you enjoy your Macbook, be sure to get Leopard!

SuperFr3ak

TrogdorTheBurninator

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 20 Nov 2007 14:39 Profile

Thank God for bootcamp. I started playing AA years ago with the second version until my computer became too slow to run it and my pocketbook became too light to upgrade. I pretty much forgot about it until I got my new MBP recently but was bummed to discover that they stopped updating it for Macs. Now I can return to Hospital SE and waste more of my time that could be better spent on more sleep. I can't wait to get addicted again.

relvaonu

Recruit

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 14:51 Profile Estonia

I'm on MBP 17" C2D 2,4 Ghz and use Bootcamp just for AA, nothing else. I hate rebooting though and all my work is in OS X so I cannot do anything useful when I die too early in a match Razz
Has anyone tried AA on XBOX? I might just ditch Windows and go for XBOX...

BootCamp and America's Army 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: