AA3 YouTube Videos
» See more topics

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

BootCamp and America's Army 

SuperFr3ak

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 10:58 Profile

Boot Camp lets you install Windows XP without moving your Mac data, though you will need to bring your own copy to the table, as Apple Computer does not sell or support Microsoft Windows.

More and more people are buying and loving Macs. To make this choice simply irresistible, Apple will include technology in the next major release of Mac OS X, Leopard, that lets you install and run the Windows XP operating system on your Intel Mac. Called Boot Camp, you can download a public beta today.

What you'll need

- Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.6 or later on your INTEL Mac
    - The latest Firmware updates
    - 10GB free hard disk space
    - An Intel-based Mac
    - A blank recordable CD
    - A printer for the instructions (You?ll want to print them before installing Windows, really.)
    - A bona fide installation disc for Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Home or Professional (No multi-disc, upgrade or Media Center versions.)

Download
You can download BootCamp via the Apple website. Download and install the application.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bo...ta.html

Setup
Once you have opened BootCamp, the setup is pretty basic.

You will first be advised to insert a blank CD to burn your Mac Drivers that will be put on your Windows OS.

Once burned you will select the amount of space (in GB's) you want to partition for Windows. I would recommend 12 GB if you will only be playing America's Army and have TeamSpeak and all that good stuff. If you will be doing more, you can adjust the amount of space you would like.

After this you will be able to insert the Windows Installation CD and click "Finish". This will reboot the system and boot off of the CD.

Simply follow the directions for installing Windows off of your CD, it will take about 30-45 minutes.

After this the installation should be complete and your system will reboot to Windows.

Once rebooted to Windows, insert your Mac Driver Installation CD that you burned in the beginning. Follow the instructions and the drivers will be installed.

Congrats, you can now either boot off of Mac or Windows on your Intel based Mac, and download and install America's Army!

Run XP natively
Once you?ve completed Boot Camp, simply hold down the option key at startup to choose between Mac OS X and Windows. (That?s the ?alt? key for you longtime Windows users.) After starting up, your Mac runs Windows completely natively. Simply restart to come back to Mac.

Need help?
I run BootCamp on my MacBook Pro and have absolutly no problems. If you need any assistance, please make a post and I or someone else will be able to assist you.

Enjoy playing AA in Windows XP on your Intel based Mac.

^mR.p!nK#

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 14:44 Profile

You can use student editions of Windows XP aswel ^.^

256 VRAM - ATI Radeon X1600

Dual Boot | Boot Camp & Parallels | Mac OS X & Windoze XP

^mR. p!nK#

SuperFr3ak

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 14:50 Profile

^mR.p!nK# wrote:

You can use student editions of Windows XP aswel ^.^

Or Corporate, Home, Professional, etc. Smile

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 16:40 Profile

Stickied Smile. In the future, feel free to PM me if you feel like something has enough merit to be stickied, as I do loose track of things from time to time Mr Green

~Balthamos

=IHF=isnipe

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 21:11 Profile

canu use the sp2 upgrade? not windows with sp2 just the upgrade.

Embedded Image

SuperFr3ak

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 21:24 Profile

=IHF=isnipe,

If I'm not mistaken, BootCamp requires you use a Windows XP Installation CD with SP2.

=IHF=isnipe

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 21:30 Profile

noooooooooo. my friwnd was gonna give me a sp2 upgrade disc tomorrow

SuperFr3ak

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 23 Feb 2007 07:29 Profile

=IHF=isnipe,

I understand, however one of the requirements states;

A bona fide installation disc for Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Home or Professional (No multi-disc, upgrade or Media Center versions.)

Epic.Nme

Private

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 19:01 Profile

Does it run smoothly as if it was on a regular computer... Or is there some lagg?

Fart_Master

Recruit

Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:12 Profile

hey Superfreak,

i have an MBP too, which i got in july last year.
i run boot camp and what not. but i experience that loading times for AA and maps in the game are real slow. what can i do to make this better? otherwise once i'm in a game, everything's good.

thanks.

-josh.

128 VRAM - ATI X1600
Mac OS X & Windows XP | Dual Boot |

hwieniawski

Private

Posted: 02 May 2007 01:58 Profile

I have the top 15 inch MBP, and the game takes a bit of time to load, but it's not too bad, and it plays great!
2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 Gig Ram
ATI X1600 256 MB
OS X and Windows XP via BootCamp

cPs^.Spooky

Private

Posted: 05 May 2007 19:00 Profile United States

Epic.Nme wrote:

Does it run smoothly as if it was on a regular computer... Or is there some lagg?

I have a 2.0GHz Core Duo 2, 1GB RAM and can play a pretty large server with highest video settings no problem. So, hopefully that will answer it for you.

Mixoux

Sergeant

Posted: 08 May 2007 16:05 Profile

cPs^.Spooky wrote:

Epic.Nme wrote:

I have a 2.0GHz Core Duo 2, 1GB RAM and can play a pretty large server with highest video settings no problem. So, hopefully that will answer it for you.

Same. After upgrading from my G5 iMac to a brand new intel 2.16 Ghz, I can play basically any map (even the coop 2.8 ones) with full settings very comfortably. And, if for any reason it started to hitch at all, I could just turn down the graphics a bit.

BTW, graphics card wise Raedon X1600 128 meg. So you don't even need the 256 upgrade, but I'd still reccomend going for it anyway if you want. Razz

+TheSaint+

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 05:03 Profile United States

I was able to install Vista Ultimate and 2.8.1 works beautifully under the new 24 inch iMac. Just FYI. Smile

barefeettom

Recruit

Posted: 29 Jul 2007 01:26 Profile

SuperFr3ak wrote:

Boot Camp lets you install Windows XP without moving your Mac data, though you will need to bring your own copy to the table

Frowning
I bought a Mac so I don't have to install, run and fight Windows, viruses, crashes and other problems. Running Boot Camp turns my Mac into a Windows machine. It also prevents me from running my Mac apps in the background, like chat, Mail and so on. I need software for my platform of choice.

After spending a day downloading AA for Mac, I was very disappointed to find that it's for the old PPC type Macs and runs too slowly on my current model Mac Intel Dual Core machine.

Please, please, please give us a real Mac version again, that runs on today's machines.

Thanks,
Tom

BootCamp and America's Army 

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: