» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 3     
  Page Jump     

2.8 Linux Client? 

WallOfPain

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 08 Jul 2008 21:36 Profile

google "China hacks US linux"

Chinese Government apparently hacked into the US Pentagon with Linux back in 2007.

I ROFL so hard.
Proves Linux is more powerful than the US Government.

fwilliams

Recruit

Posted: 08 Nov 2008 10:27 Profile

Linux people just do not understand. The Army is not looking for independent thinking individuals who are technically advanced.
They are looking for people who follow the herd and use a convicted monopolist's operating system. That's all, they just want sheep.

Milyardo

Private First Class

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 10:16 Profile United States

[MIA]KCToker wrote:

a_small_cake wrote:

USArmy is like "300 Spartans" : they take everything and give back nothing. But hey, I have got more time for reading now, not a bad thing, is it?

Wow, you just don't get it.

Last time for everyone:

They don't have enough money to make the game for Linux, period.

They almost don't have enough money for a Windows client. From what I hear the project is in danger of being cancelled completely (this is mostly the result of negative press labelling the game as propaganda trying to turn America's youth into mindless killing machines).

None the less, both Linux and Mac supporting Linux and Mac (At least the Mac) versions would be a wise investment.

P.S. - [MIA]KCToker, You're a troll.

rothman777

Recruit

Posted: 02 Feb 2009 20:08 Profile

fwilliams wrote:

Linux people just do not understand. The Army is not looking for independent thinking individuals who are technically advanced.
They are looking for people who follow the herd and use a convicted monopolist's operating system. That's all, they just want sheep.

It all makes sense now...

=DEF=HAMMER

Recruit

Posted: 07 Feb 2009 05:49 Profile

IT's at problem just finding the people for the programming

[hwy]SD

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 14:06 Profile United States

Being in the Army and an avid AA player I know the pain you are all discussing, I ran AA in Linux (Slackware) until 2.5. I have a single Windows based computer at home, which gets most of my $$ I put into computers as everything else I do besides gaming I manage on either my EEE PC 1000, or my older desktop that I had 2.5 on, like someone else said, they had someone porting AA over to Linux for free on his own time. Not a lot of users in here I would wager could do such a task, in a timely manner to keep up with the changes. I said my piece about this before to my Chain of Command and some other folks involved with AA. It's not happening (porting 3.0 over to Linux) sadly, so I am also shamed with about $2000 of computer to solely run Windows XP Pro to play AA... (the other computer I have that is Windows based is for work and issued to me from the Army... not that I would be using it for discussion in here right now or anything)

Anixx

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 02:42 Profile

Anyway AA2 is better than any shooter natively available on Linux. Am I right? So it is possible to maintain private AA2 servers by major Linux communities/distros.

Anixx

Recruit

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 02:52 Profile

[hwy]SD wrote:

Being in the Army and an avid AA player I know the pain you are all discussing, I ran AA in Linux (Slackware) until 2.5. I have a single Windows based computer at home, which gets most of my $$ I put into computers as everything else I do besides gaming I manage on either my EEE PC 1000, or my older desktop that I had 2.5 on, like someone else said, they had someone porting AA over to Linux for free on his own time. Not a lot of users in here I would wager could do such a task, in a timely manner to keep up with the changes. I said my piece about this before to my Chain of Command and some other folks involved with AA. It's not happening (porting 3.0 over to Linux) sadly, so I am also shamed with about $2000 of computer to solely run Windows XP Pro to play AA... (the other computer I have that is Windows based is for work and issued to me from the Army... not that I would be using it for discussion in here right now or anything)

Why not to spend your $2000 to hire a programmer rather than buy Windows and the computer?

2.8 Linux Client? 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 3     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: